• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lothar

Oct 25, 2017
4rdouj.jpg

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Thank fucking God. Congress can finally start to roll back everything this vile person did for the last six or so years.

Handicapped Duck

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Amazing news. So happy and proud of everyone in Georgia that worked their ass off to make this happen.

The problem is they don't have enough margin and the conservative democrats can't vote on things too crazy.

If Ds had a 3-4 seat advantage, stuff like expanding the supreme court would be pretty possible, with 0 seat advantage and VP having to tie-breaker, progressive good legislation should get through, but I wouldn't expect anything radically progressive to happen in the next two years. D's would have to keep the house in 2022 and expand their senate lead which is possible and then the more progressive stuff could happen.

At least things like judges and cabinet positions should go through now.
I know they can't get crazy and do socialized medicine and free college, but things like easier voting (fix gerrymandering if possible), more pandemic relief, $15 minimum wage, expand maternity/sick leave shouldn't be difficult things to do.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
One of the crazies on Fox was saying tomorrow morning (or right now late a night), Mitch will be having a meeting with Joe Manchin to get him to flip to Republican finally.
Absolute desperate cope. Manchin is a Democrat through and through, blue dog or not, and just now got the keys to mountains of pork for his state.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. And honestly, he's probably not that upset about a tied Senate. I hope he is, but I doubt it. He's accomplished everything he wanted.
No, he's going to absolutely wither in the minority. He's been the center of American politics for the last six years. Being in a hapless, feeble minority unable to stop Dems passing all sorts of shit to undo what he's been doing is gonna be torturous.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
No, he's going to absolutely wither in the minority. He's been the center of American politics for the last six years. Being in a hapless, feeble minority unable to stop Dems passing all sorts of shit to undo what he's been doing is gonna be torturous.

I'd like to believe that. I hope he is absolutely miserable. But they can't undo all those stonewalled judges, the flood of appointed judges, the stolen Supreme Court justices, the money that's gone to the rich, the damage that's been done to the poor, and to everybody. The damage done to government procedure itself.

They might be able to undo those tax cuts, but I'm not very optimistic. The ACA is gutted...maybe they can patch it up.

I don't know. If I were in his shoes - the shoes of one of perhaps the most ruthless, evil politician of his day, which is saying a lot - I'd pat myself on the back for a job well done. Sure, it ended too soon, but what doesn't?

I would like to believe he'll be impotently furious for the next 6 years he serves. He deserves far worse.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't he a minority before, and then he got to power anyway

Still, a good step, but Mitch did a lot of shit that will take a while to get undone if it gets undone

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I don't know. If I were in his shoes - the shoes of one of perhaps the most ruthless, evil politician of his day, which is saying a lot - I'd pat myself on the back for a job well done. Sure, it ended too soon, but what doesn't?
Yeah, I believe this is his mindset too sad to say.

I'm just relieved that Biden should be able to at least get more relief and his cabinet picks through otherwise it would've been a very toothless presidency. I'm a glass half full guy though.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to believe that. I hope he is absolutely miserable. But they can't undo all those stonewalled judges, the flood of appointed judges, the stolen Supreme Court justices, the money that's gone to the rich, the damage that's been done to the poor, and to everybody. The damage done to government procedure itself.

They might be able to undo those tax cuts, but I'm not very optimistic. The ACA is gutted...maybe they can patch it up.

I would like to believe he'll be impotently furious for the next 6 years he serves. He deserves far worse.
Mitch's goal above anything is to stay in power and win elections, so they can win more elections. That's why all his concerns are about campaign finances, voter suppression and donors, stuff like judges just makes it easier for him to do that. His whole life just revolves around the schoolyard team politics of the Capitol, the rest of the world doesn't exist. That's why there's hundreds of bills just ignored on his desk, cos he has no policies or legislative agenda, it's just about stopping Democrats from winning.

He is now out of power. That's a killer blow.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
It makes me sad that people call him turtle because i love turtles. They do not deserve the shame.

But yeah,get fucked.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
It's nothing short of poetic that Ossoff will be the youngest elected senator since... wait for it... Joe Biden.

A millennial playing a huge part in drop-kicking Minority Mitch from atop his little perch that he's clung to for so long is a beautiful thing.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
If there was one lizzard man hiding in Washington all my bets would be on him

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Stacey Abrams should be running the DNC, and everyone currently in power should be embarrassed by how much better than them she is.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Remember not to long ago he was heard telling donors he wouldn't let shit get passed, even if he liked it, by the democrats under the Biden administration? lol fuck off with what little time you have left, Mitch. Just fuck off.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok so when do the races get certified and when do the new senators take office??
no exact date but Raffensperger has until january 22nd to certify the election and they get sworn in right after. Perdue's seat is vacant right now since his term ended while Loeffler remains senator until then.