• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Is it possible the GOP remove him even as minority leader for losing the Senate? I know Pelosi just had to rewin the house leadership.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Oh man, I just remembered something that the turtle said:

"Winners make policy, losers go home." - Mitch McConnell

Well now, do you want whipped cream and a cherry on top of that irony Mitch? It will be nice on your GET FUCKED SUNDAE.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
When he shuffles off this mortal coil may he do so in frustration and despair.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Thread title gives me this mental image of Mitch making a monkey paw wish in regards to seating all these judges only for the paw to make its claim, turning him into a minority in Kentucky.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Oh hai,I just came here after my workout.

From the scant information I can put together it seems that Era is, to a large extent, taking this news in a positive fashion.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Now if he could contract some kind of slow working and painful illness, I'll be fucking cumming

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
And just starting what might be his final term, given his age, now a feeble minority.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Been lurking since I found but after my smoke, god damn it's like a christmas gift.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible the GOP remove him even as minority leader for losing the Senate? I know Pelosi just had to rewin the house leadership.

Minority leader is chosen by the caucus, and a new one can be selected. I don't think anyone WANTS to be the minority leader this time though, at least anyone else. They're about to get shit on.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
Go home and be a family man, Mitch.

and by be a family man, I mean suck on a fat, wet, steaming lump of shit

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Amazing result, but assume the retort will be VOTER FRAUD and we will have to go through several more doomed lawsuits and Trump falsely claiming the Senate was stolen before 20th Jan?

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
One of the crazies on Fox was saying tomorrow morning (or right now late a night), Mitch will be having a meeting with Joe Manchin to get him to flip to Republican finally.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't decide whether this or Trump losing brings me greater joy. Sure, Trump is the monster inside Pandora's box, but McConnell's been holding the key.

Democrats... please do not squander this opportunity. Time to rectify the inequities of these intransigent assholes

edit:

hahhahahaha

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
But they will, and then next elections people will vote Republican again and they'll go "our hands are tied!".
All it takes is one person to be like "no, that's too progressive for my state, I'll lose re-election."

Hopefully Trump splits the R-ticket and a quarter of the voters only vote for who Trump tells them to, which is hopefully no one.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
There is something about a person of colour unseating a blue eyed blonde woman (Who's used the position she's in for nothing more than personal gain) and ousting a man who's happily posed with a confederate flag, while holding the country hostage for "people like him" that's... It's just delicious. Get fucked, Mitch.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Amazing news. So happy and proud of everyone in Georgia that worked their ass off to make this happen.

Dems need to be 100% lock-step from now on and not play performative politics I swear to God....

The problem is they don't have enough margin and the conservative democrats can't vote on things too crazy.

If Ds had a 3-4 seat advantage, stuff like expanding the supreme court would be pretty possible, with 0 seat advantage and VP having to tie-breaker, progressive good legislation should get through, but I wouldn't expect anything radically progressive to happen in the next two years. D's would have to keep the house in 2022 and expand their senate lead which is possible and then the more progressive stuff could happen.

At least things like judges and cabinet positions should go through now.