• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
3iJfxMz.jpg

god thank you for this! as a rural kentuckian i appreciate it so much.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Lol, fucking go for it. I think the USA has learned its not worth the trouble to bring states that don't want to belong, back in line

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck would Mississippi do outside the union? Do they even have an economy? Maybe some oil off the Gulf?

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Ok lol. Aren't they one of the states that would instantly become bankrupt if they had no federal money? Go for it, please.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, sounds like the only candidate with a plan to reduce federal spending and raising the national education average.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Man, no wonder republicans, and conservatives in general are mocked by pop-culture; that group is way too tied into the past and prefer some things from a particular time (1950s) They hate america to progress and the reason why they follow Trump like lemmings, is because he encouraged their outdated beliefs.

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people here seem all too eager to sell out the massive black population of Missisiippi to own the conservatives.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not particularly excited about this because Mississippi has one of the blackest populations in America.

....So if we can work out a deal where the people of color can leave and go to a not shit state, then let's revisit this.
Or the black wealth apparatus can start buying up white properties and farmland and move our people in.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
But not to derail too much from the thread, I think the idea that red states are just some random podunk hole that produces no money, therefore they're dumb and useless is tired, racist, and frankly a bit classist.

Like, we're tying welfare queen rethoric to the insufferable idea that just because you live in a blue state you're better...because your state makes a bunch of money?

The problem isn't the money. It's the mentalities—mentalities which aren't shared by the whole population that live in those places.

So back to the drawing board, I guess.

Context my friend. No one here actually hates Mississippi for their low GDP. Which one of us do you see in an unrelated situation acting protective over our taxes and hating Mississippi being a drain on them? When do we bring this up?

These comments are meant as a mirror to show that the rhetorical cudgel that they c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t-l-y wield can just as easily swing back onto their 48th most federally dependent heads. As a general principle I know most of us support the idea of doing more for less fortunate communities.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
images.jpg

Bye.

What, exactly, do they think that will accomplish, though?

I feel like it'd be a month before they begged to come back.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let them secede, then go in, bop the old state government on the head and install a new state government that isn't a regressive pile of shit.

It would be cheaper to do it that way, I think.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Just wait until the minority vote counts pick up in Mississippi... They fundamentally changed the way state offices are elected allowing for minority votes to actually count.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you want a red state to get pissed off at guilt-free, Iowa is over 90% white and is currently committing both economic and political suicide.

cyress8

Avenger
Going to keep saying it. Land is cheap here and we can always have more progressive folks.
Wow. Love to come into a thread about my home state and see people punch down on us instead of blasting the idiot that spews nonsense.

Poorest state in the Union, Highest per capita Black population, one of the highest per capital percentages of LGBT people supporting children, and ya'll wanna throw us in the Gulf of Mexico and wash your hands.

We have bad apples in our state and local government, the whole bunch is ruined. But there are good people, boots on the ground trying to change that.

Your beloved Stacy Abrams grew up in Gulfport, Mississippi. Do you think that influenced her career?

We in Mississippi are accustomed to being shit on by the national media and by randos on video game message boards. That won't change.
But things are changing in Mississippi, we are fighting tooth and nail.

And sometimes its pretty fucking demoralizing to see people want to ignore or denigrate Mississippi.

Mississippi's problems are the nation's problems.
Yep, might not look like it but MS is slowly turning blue. We might be last to do it, but people are trying.