• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
So remember how there's been a weekly "Do xxxx story/stage interaction for 2500 FM" mission? It's gone, and they replaced it with a mission worth 50FM. Remember how the Gold Soldiers could be played 3 times and still gave barely any FM? They can only be played once now. FM is now basically impossible to get.

Today's missions:
Perform combo 10 times = 50 FM
Play story = 250 FM
Play rank = 500 FM
Get a finish with a CA one time = 50 FM

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
43k4eu.jpg

I've been reacting to the fight money changes like this since Arcade Edition's release.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean it's gone? Did they just have an update and the missions just disappeared or were switched out?

Man Capcom's back to their dumb shit. This is stupid.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Oh... oh wow. There goes my estimate of hitting 500k FM even by years end. 1 million? Never. Ever. Thanks for that Capcom. Makes me wonder if they cut/reduced character story and survival payouts while they were at it.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yea, seems like they are trying to convince you to rely on ad's as a source of FM incomee. It's becoming clear when they implemented the ads after drastically decreasing the amount of FM you gain a while ago (i think it was before AE). They did add EX Battle which does gives good FM amount however.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, at this point just get rid of the system, really no point to having it if all you can get is 2,500 FM a week. At that rate it'd take 10 months to get a singie character, or seven months for a stage.

And for people like me who like doing the extra battles for costumes, this pretty much makes it so you get no FM period.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom seem to have decided they've got all the sales they can for this game, so now it's time to slam the hammer down on everyone they roped in.

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom's fighting game devision is worst part of the company. Greedy, Anti-Consumer, shit heads that treat their customers like utter dog shit.

Disgusting practice to not only add ADs to a full priced game, but to start taking away options from owners to earn "FM" which they had implemented in the past. I guess their reasoning is that the amazing Ads now allow owners the chance to unlock FM so make sure NOT TO TURN THEM OFF EVERYONE!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they're definitely gearing up to something. I was able to get all of the characters in the game with FM, and I still have 672k FM left for the rest of Season 4. I'm happy about the system and how I was able to get new DLC characters for free, because I played the game a lot. This is unlike any other game out there.

So it's unfortunate that they're burying ways to get FM even further, but expected as the game is winding down.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom's fighting game devision is worst part of the company. Greedy, Anti-Consumer, shit heads that treat their customers like utter dog shit.

Disgusting practice to not only add ADs to a full priced game, but to start taking away options from owners to earn "FM" which they had implemented in the past. I guess their reasoning is that the amazing Ads now allow owners the chance to unlock FM.

I feel this is scummy because it was supposed to be a method to get DLC stuff without paying real money, a way to reward the dedicated fans so they could get a few characters or whatever for free but then they must've realized it was eating into DLC sales too much and have tried to walk it back ever since.

If there wasn't FM at all then I doubt there would be much of a problem, outside of the usual shit around too many costumes and how expensive they are. They are just cutting down the FM you can earn as a way to force players (who want to get FM to spend on stuff) to enable the ads as a means of bolstering their FM gains after the lowering of FM from other sources.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
yea, seems like they are trying to convince you to rely on ad's as a source of FM incomee. It's becoming clear when they implemented the ads after drastically decreasing the amount of FM you gain a while ago (i think it was before AE). They did add EX Battle which does gives good FM amount however.

i would've turned on and tolerated the ads if the earning is tangible but unfortunately, it's almost like chump change that doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
And FM was already hard to come by lately, they still managed to fuck it up even more

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
I feel this is scummy because it was supposed to be a method to get DLC stuff without paying real money, a way to reward the dedicated fans so they could get a few characters or whatever for free but then they must've realized it was eating into DLC sales too much and have tried to walk it back ever since.

If there wasn't FM at all then I doubt there would be much of a problem, outside of the usual shit around too many costumes and how expensive they are. They are just cutting down the FM you can earn as a way to force players (who want to get FM to spend on stuff) to enable the ads as a means of bolstering their FM gains after the lowering of FM from other sources.

Exactly, they promoted this whole FM thing as a huge selling point for fans to unlock DLC characters for free. And, now they are using those same people that paid for the game as lab rats before they roll out some no doubt free to play model.

Ono and the wankers at Capcom USA must have gotten a real hard on after they saw the success of Fortnite and are now hoping to cash in before closing this gen out...be it at the expense of current owners.

OP
OP
battleborn27

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Exactly, they promoted this whole FM thing as a huge selling point for fans to unlock DLC characters for free. And, now they are using those same people that paid for the game as lab rats before they roll out some no doubt free to play model.

Ono and the wankers at Capcom USA must have gotten a real hard on after they saw the success of Fortnite and are now hoping to cash in before closing this gen out...be it at the expense of current owners.
They're gonna be in for a shock when they find out nobody cares about their game. Street Fighter just isn't fit for F2P model.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do they still have 4 weekly challenges to get a costume part at 2500FM a pop?

This is what I want to know. Also are there still Shadaloo soldiers to beat that give you FM?

This whole thing is fucked. But I actually made FM this year even doing all the costume challenges so I guess I'm part of the problem. Guess I'll just blow my 750K on stages and shit now.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
This is what I want to know. Also are there still Shadaloo soldiers to beat that give you FM?.
There is one but there is only one try so you earn a total of 2000 FM (after subtracting the 500 FM cost just to be able to play it).

As compared to before, where each Shadaloo soldier got 3 tries so the same soldier would've netted you 6000 FM (again, subtracting the cost) if you cleared all three.

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Damn, my dude battleborn27 really excited to dump on SFV lately, huh? Seems pretty easy too considering how much Capcom are shooting themselves in the foot lately.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
There have been weeks in the past without a big 2500 FM mission, so this thread seems a bit premature.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So much time and effort spent to 'fix' and build up this game since its shaky launch. And so little to burn it back down again. Lol.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There have been weeks in the past without a big 2500 FM mission, so this thread seems a bit premature.
I don't think this is true. The only time I vaguely recall this is a week following/during a CPT event where they were giving FM for completing numerous stream related tasks.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah but the fact they replaced it with a new "easy" mission (Win with a CA Once - 50 FM) and the changes to the Shadaloo challenge makes it seem like a permanent setup.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Been this way since Arcade Edition came out. Getting any FM outside leveling was very little, half a seasons worth of characters was all I could afford. Started on SFV a few months ago, missions gave diddly most the time.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
So remember how there's been a weekly "Do xxxx story/stage interaction for 2500 FM" mission? It's gone, and they replaced it with a mission worth 50FM. Remember how the Gold Soldiers could be played 3 times and still gave barely any FM? They can only be played once now. FM is now basically impossible to get.

Today's missions:
Perform combo 10 times = 50 FM
Play story = 250 FM
Play rank = 500 FM
Get a finish with a CA one time = 50 FM
How many Anti-Street Fighter V threads you plan on making this week?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so...at-11-or-street-fighter-6.88239/post-16130633
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...son-4-of-street-fighter-v.88231/post-16130665
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nerf-for-sfv’s-extra-battle-mode-revealed.86888/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-feelings-on-sfv-putting-ad-during-fights.86733/post-15928124
https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-feelings-on-sfv-putting-ad-during-fights.86733/post-15927562

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn OP, you really hate this game huh? Tell us how you really feel. Was it because the animations thread?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I'm almost positive this has happened a few times before. I remember thinking it was strange.

in past incidents, those 2500 (or 5000) FM missions were just gone so the refresh will only have 3 missions instead of the usual 4.

This time round, it seems totally replaced now with another generic mission with much much less FM reward (we are talking about as much as 5x to 10x less FM here) instead of gone.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I currently have... 4800 FM.

Guess I won't be participating in extra battles, or buying all those delicious loot boxes, colors or, hell, characters anytime soon.

I wonder what it was like before Arcade Edition, given that some people are sitting on hundreds of thousands of FM. Of course, I haven't exactly been frugal with the FM I did make.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost positive this has happened a few times before. I remember thinking it was strange.
Actually, now that I think about it, I think you're right. But I also remember weeks where there were two 2,500 FM missions, so it's possible they had happened the next week.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are probably just getting people ready for SFVI, looks like the FM system might be going out the window so they will stamp it out while SFV is winding down.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
43k4eu.jpg

I've been reacting to the fight money changes like this since Arcade Edition's release.
This. I defended and saw nothing wrong with FM until then. After, everything seemed structured to make you buy FM, which is shady enough in it's own right, but...then they never allowed you to purchase it. Very very strange decision on Capcoms behalf.

I honestly wonder if there are people out there who just grind online, day in, day out. I did every single FM challenge o could up until like 6 months ago but I just couldn't keep it up. Now this. Whatever, I'll just keep my hiatus on until capcom are done making the game and buy it again all at once. Sad cuz I really really like this game too.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, I'd pop in there from time to time to do the 2500 mine or whatever the highest were. Usually involved making a dog jump on a certain level.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're going to have to change completely for me to buy any future Capcom fighters. They won't.

For those who want a SF5-style gameplay experience but without Capcom scuzziness, Soul Calibur 6 has some similarities (seriously).

Nocturno

Oct 27, 2017
Another reason for people not to log in.
They should just kill the FM system. It was annoying garbage since the beginning.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Locking Thread.

This seems to not be set in stone yet/a bit too premature to have a thread made about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.