• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Having one be a straight direct sequel will be interesting. Guessing Hunt will be in a very bad spot at the end of 7. Maybe they literally have him buried and he gets out somehow.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish
Henry Cavills character didnt die in the last movie. He could have been a great stand alone villain in the next film.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I really enjoy the MI series, but I'm hoping these last two will be the last for Cruise as the action star, and maybe transition it over to a new series star, with Cruise taking over IMF and maybe being a leadership role, doling our the missions to his agents.

In either case, I've loved the McQuarrie movies, so I'm on board for these two for sure. I'm assuming they're being shot back to back.

Nov 1, 2017
I'm kinda skeptical the first one's gonna end on some big cliffhanger or something. I think they're just filming back to back because this is one of the few big blockbuster franchises Paramount has and they wanna squeeze in two more before Cruise gets too old to do the stunts.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Tom Cruise is gonna be rolling around in a wheelchair by the time they stop making these movies.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Rogue Nation also came out on July 31, 2015. The first week of August has been a proven release date. Last big blockbuster of the summer usually, and not too much competition to deal with, especially in the 2nd half of the month. And Labor Day to stretch out legs.

Honestly, the MI7 release date is a bit worrisome, two weeks before Suicide Squad 2, definitely won't keep IMAX beyond that.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda skeptical the first one's gonna end on some big cliffhanger or something. I think they're just filming back to back because this is one of the few big blockbuster franchises Paramount has and they wanna squeeze in two more before Cruise gets too old to do the stunts.
Why have them come out back to back years then? RN and FO already was essentially a two parter kind of, so ending Cruise's run on one epic two parter makes complete sense.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
This was one of the few Mission Impossible 7 threads I found, I guess the dates in title need to be updated because of covid delays.

Anyway, the movie is shooting in Norway right now with Tom Cruise preparing for a crazy stunt:

He's going to drive off a cliff on a motorcycle and parachute down

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was one of the few Mission Impossible 7 threads I found, I guess the dates in title need to be updated because of covid delays.

Anyway, the movie is shooting in Norway right now with Tom Cruise preparing for a crazy stunt:

He's going to drive off a cliff on a motorcycle and parachute down

Jesus.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Can he just stop and not kill himself?

Fallout was insane enough and he did get seriously injured. How are you going to top Fallout and Ghost Protocol?

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. Watched ghost protocol again a few nights ago. My 9 year old watched five minutes with me, but it was cruise coming down Burj khalifa, what a scene! Is rogue nation streaming anywhere without the rental price?