• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
friend showed me a stream of a burning building thats 2 miles from him, apparently it's a condo.

f723c45676.jpg

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
That live footage is great access... but man all those folks looting having their license plates shown. 😬

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Geez, those fires.

Are they still setting buildings on fire? Judging from the streams the looting is still occurring.

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
The fire.

Imagine people from so-called "shithole" countries watching this footage. This is America. The light of the world.
Haha what is this supposed to mean? light of the world lol? other countries are probably more familiarized with riots than americans (many would probably say "it's about time"). Personally this gives me flashbacks from October in Chile, only that was in most of the country, I wonder what it would take for this to spread to other states.

Mar 10, 2018
Haha what is this supposed to mean? light of the world lol? other countries are probably more familiarized with riots than americans (many would probably say "it's about time"). Personally this gives me flashbacks from October in Chile, only that was in most of the country, I wonder what it would take for this to spread to other states.
My comment was aimed at those who still hold the view that America is the greatest country in the world, and that it's supposed to be the model for all other nations.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
They are right in front of the police...um... conversating with them... and there 4 snipers on the roof.

I HOPE TO GOD that someone from behind doesn't do something stupid by throwing anything over there... they are waiting for something to rush the protesters.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Patron state of capital once again affirming that your best vote under this twisted system is that of riot and seizure. Solidarity to all the protestors! Stay safe out there and look out for each other.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I know it's not really important, but man I feel bad for all those workers who built that condo for months, only for it to be burned to the ground before it was completed.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
User Banned (1 Week): Driving a derail, violating the staff post across multiple posts
They got paid, most likely by the hour, doesn't matter to them. It's just a job

Still. They built that with their own sweat, blood, and tears. It would be like building a lincoln logs house for my parents in exchange for brownies, only for my brother to knock it over before I put the roof on (weird analogy, I know).

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
This won't stop the murders but maybe if the fascists see that them trying to cover up their own crimes results in shit getting wrecked they will at least stop doing that. Insurance will pay for the property damages but it won't bring back dead community members killed by the police.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
The fire.

Imagine people from so-called "shithole" countries watching this footage. This is America. The light of the world.
My comment was aimed at those who still hold the view that America is the greatest country in the world, and that it's supposed to be the model for all other nations.
Nobody outside of America with any sense holds that view. If anything, it's the model for all other nations on how NOT to be.

Still. They built that with their own sweat, blood, and tears. It would be like building a lincoln logs house for my parents in exchange for brownies, only for my brother to knock it over before I put the roof on (weird analogy, I know).
I'd feel worse for a kid who built a sand castle and had it knocked down. Because they at least crafted it out of love and had complete creative agency in its design.

This was just a job for these people. Not even an architectural marvel like the Notre Dame cathedral.

You left out the part of your analogy where the cops killed a black man.
Yeah, lamenting the destruction of empty buildings is a deflection from the matter of actual importance here.

Last edited: