• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
You don't need to tell protestors that because they aren't the raving lunitics you try to paint them as. Nobody is chearing for innocent people to die and it's insulting to imply they are, and I guarentee you they are not trying to block firefighters from saving people. This is fucking nonsense

This out of context fact that there is a fire going on somewhere doesn't mean you can treat the protest as looking for innocent blood.

The message you quoted wasn't directed at the protestors. It was in response to another user who said that wanting firefighters to be left alone is racist.

I've not painted the protestors as anything. People are rightly mad. The police have failed over decades. A man was murdered in cold blood on video and so far no one has been held to account. Hell, WE KNOW, that if the situation was reversed, someone would already be in custody, just by looking at what happened to Breanna Taylor. Police don't give a fuck and only care about protecting their own.

Supporting protestors and hoping firefighters can be left alone are not mutually exclusive.

Mar 10, 2018
Black people getting shot for walking down the street.
Black people getting shot for protecting a patient who was mentally disabled.
Black people getting shot for protesting peacefully.
Black people getting shot in their own apartments because the police had the wrong address.
Black people getting killed for simply fucking existing.

Yet people wonder why everyone is acting out, yeah no fuck off with the whinging about Stores.
If would actually be strange if there weren't any acting out. What did America expect when it enslaved and then oppressed an entire demographic of its own population for generations?

Plant time bombs in your own house then be surprised when they start going off and breaking that shit down.

ESJdyUXUYAAXsSr.jpg

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
If the law does not respect the citizens, then the citizens won't respect the law.

Nobody wants more people to get hurt, but I really can't be bothered to take the hand-wringing over property damage seriously.

Pollen

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Historically and systematically, oppressed people are always expected to display grace and dignity in the face of violence, terror, or state intimidation. The obligation is always placed on the oppressed to maintain civility. Empathic nonviolence diplomacy and dialogue are always demanded of the victims of violence, never the perpetrators. Resistance is routinely twisted into terrorism. The demand that the oppressed show respect to their oppressors is a fundamental tenant of hegemony. What is or is not violence is largely a function of proximity to power and whether or not it serves the interest of the status quo, who claim that violence must be rejected in favor of non-violence, peaceful protest, and the Democratic process. The routine violence of poverty, racist policing, militarism, etc is almost never called violence.

Oct 26, 2017
Looting is stupid and does not represent George and the cause. Smh
It represents black anger at the injustice and staticness of this country under white supremacy. How do you want people to represent him? Through the courts that continually side against black people? Through marches that the news continually derides or whitewashes?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I think a lot of people have seen everything short of widespread destruction cause exactly zero systemic change or improvement on this issue.

Was there systematic change in Los Angeles after the Rodney King decision and riots? Honest question.

All I remember was seeing multiple fires through the night 50-60 murders and 3 days of chaos, mostly around minority owned businesses.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
It represents black anger at the injustice and staticness of this country under white supremacy. How do you want people to represent him? Through the courts that continually side against black people? Through marches that the news continually derides or whitewashes?
I am honestly not sure. :/

It's just all fucked up for sure. Something has to change.

The_Reckoning

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This murder has got to at least tip the scales for anyone with some morals. Unfortunately, I watched the full length video of the murder...and I'm not sure why. I think the original post stated that he had died later... bullshit. I watched him lose his life. Those fucks murdered him...who gives a fuck of the crime he may have commited.. He was obviously in a bad way. and they murdered him, while he plead for his life, and others around him, plead for some mercy. How cold fucking blooded do you have to be..."well he's still talking" , and "don't do drugs" yeah you fuckwad, he's using his last breaths, crying for a breath/help. Do we all need safety words to avoid last minute chokeouts with the cops..wtf

RIP George Floyd

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Looting is stupid and does not represent George and the cause. Smh
Looting is a reactionary measure when all other responses have failed.

"You fuck our shit up, we fuck your shit up."

It's supposed to inconvenience you so you pay attention.

The next step is a repeat of the LA riots when we arm ourselves and take to the streets.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Official Staff Communication
This thread is about the protests following the murder of a black man by the Minneapolis police, that same police force's crackdown on said protesters, and the systemic oppression of black people by the police as a whole. It's not about how concerned you are about "riots" or property damage. Anyone trying to derail or concern troll about property damage will be actioned accordingly.

Should there be another thread to talk about the actual riots, if this is more for the systematic racism and what led to the protests? Like a news thread?

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
who really gives a shit about fires and looting, this shit is all insured anyway. Just hope nobody gets hurt.

Hopefully this doesn't cause a covid spike in Minneapolis.

Bobcats

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Ignoring the thread reply banner and concern trolling over multiple posts; history of inflammatory false equivalences over racism and abusing the reporting system. Account in junior phase.
Places are being looted and set on fire. No shit it's getting a more serious response than people legally carrying firearms and driving in circles. Why are headlines like this even allowed? It only serves to incite people.

Oct 27, 2017
You are literally cheering for people to lose their lives here. I don't think I'm the one that needs to readjust priorities.

Where did I say that? Why do you think protesters who are protesting George Floyd's murder are preventing them from doing their jobs? Your bias at work here.

And you're calling me racist for wanting the firefighters to be left alone so they can do their job and save lives.

Your concern trolling makes that easy and so does your pitiful attempt to accuse the protesters as the ones engaging in this behavior.

The fact that you don't actually understand systemic racism and its influence throughout countless institutions, including yes, EMT and Fire, is problematic. Wish stamping it out was as easy as your privilege affords you to think it is.

Last edited:

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018

The next step is a repeat of the LA riots when we arm ourselves and take to the streets.

I got you I live in Cali and remember Rodney King's incident well. I just wish everyone not a racist scumbag to be safe in Minneapolis.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020

Honestly, everyone should arm themselves for protection. These racists have gotten away with enough.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Places are being looted and set on fire. No shit it's getting a more serious response than people legally carrying firearms and driving in circles. Why are headlines like this even allowed? It only serves to incite people.
Check your mask, I think it's slipping. There's a virus around after all. Nazis aren't law abiding people carrying legal firearms and driving in circles. They are Nazis.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You realize this headline and those pictures were before anything was looted or set on fire right?

Fuck 12

Oct 25, 2017
Systemic racism is what caused this, plain and simple. It's to blame for the riots, for the looting, and everything in between. Stay safe everyone in the area.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

Bruh. First off, they carried guns into THE CAPITOL BUILDING. Second off, this shit started before everything went up in flames. In fact, it's probably why shit started going up in flames in the first place.