• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This thread is about the protests following the murder of a black man by the Minneapolis police, that same police force's crackdown on said protesters, and the systemic oppression of black people by the police as a whole. It's not about how concerned you are about "riots" or property damage. Anyone trying to derail or concern troll about property damage will be actioned accordingly.
I agree that concern trolling should be dealt with, but if people who are living in the city (like me) are concerned about things going around them, can they not discuss that?

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Ok how is that one building not lit up all the way. Earlier on stream he was inside it and the fires were also inside. Maybe too much cement and not enough fuel? I keep thinking as he pans that one time it will be totally engulfed.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Don't try and undermine the purpose of the protests with people starting shit. Starting a fire is NOT the message that people are supporting, now stop acting like it is and get back on track.
Exactly.

No one protesting wants bystanders hurt today.

The protests are to bring attention to the murder of black people for the crime of... being black.

That's the actual issue here.

Black Lives Matter.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
For context I was at the protest. I have been raging in every avenue possible the last 2 days. These are my neighbors who are hurting and I'm doing everything I can to demand justice for George.
I mean....I protested outside the Minneapolis Police Station in 2014 after Ferguson. I was there raising noise with everyone else. It didn't help. I get why people are snapping.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely support the protests and I'm disgusted by what happened, but these posts really bother me. So you're ok with more death coming from this? Or at least you're going to come up with excuses or rationals? That's disgusting. The only people who deserve to be hurt in this are the cops who caused it.

I'm sure people will attack me now and accuse me of posting in bad faith or concern trolling since this is my only contribution to this thread, but I just don't like death. I really really really hope innocent lives aren't lost tonight.

edit: saw the mod post after writing this. I will not contribute further to this thread.

You are posting in bad faith

"So you're ok with more death coming from this?"

You think this is a good faith argument?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Ok how is that one building not lit up all the way. Earlier on stream he was inside it and the fires were also inside. Maybe too much cement and not enough fuel? I keep thinking as he pans that one time it will be totally engulfed.
Yeah it seems pretty early in consturction probably not a whole lot flammable in there yet.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
You are literally cheering for people to lose their lives here. I don't think I'm the one that needs to readjust priorities.

An apartment building is on fire.

People are trapped. Firefighters are getting attacked.

And you're calling me racist for wanting the firefighters to be left alone so they can do their job and save lives.

How about you miss me with that?

Justice for George Floyd is about holding his murderers to account. It is about holding the police to account. It is about fixing the rot in the system.

Justice is NOT trying to prevent firefighters from saving lives.

You don't need to tell protestors that because they aren't the raving lunitics you try to paint them as. Nobody is chearing for innocent people to die and it's insulting to imply they are, and I guarentee you they are not trying to block firefighters from saving people. This is fucking nonsense

This out of context fact that there is a fire going on somewhere doesn't mean you can treat the protest as looking for innocent blood.

SaiyanRaoh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York
User Banned (1 Month): Concern Trolling and Inflammatory Accusations In a Sensitive Thread Over Multiple Posts
No one is wanting innocent people harmed in this ffs. Jesus guys.
Innocent people are being sucked up into this. Being hurt and possibly going to die from the chaos.......but according to some posters here, it is what it is, right?

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth remembering that most of these protesters are not criminals, nor are doing criminal acts. Most of them have every right to be outraged and every right to be protesting injustice.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I agree that concern trolling should be dealt with, but if people who are living in the city (like me) are concerned about things going around them, can they not discuss that?
What is there to discuss, you should prob lock your doors and just lay low if you're worried or get out there and join the fight.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
You don't need to tell protestors that because they aren't the raving lunitics you try to paint them as. Nobody is chearing for innocent people to die and it's insulting to imply they are, and I guarentee you they are not trying to block firefighters from saving people. This is fucking nonsense

This out of context fact that there is a fire going on somewhere doesn't mean you can treat the protest as looking for innocent blood.

it's really incredible how the concern trolling goalposts keep moving.

no one is rooting for innocent people to die...

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Innocent people are being sucked up into this. Being hurt and possibly going to die from the chaos.......but according to some posters here, it is what it is, right?
If more people die, its the fault of the MPD and the police, who have decades of this conduct behind them. They could have prevented all of this by not murdering a man in broad daylight

The police apply this logic to everyone else. Why doesn't it apply to them? When do they need to learn to practice "responsibility"?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Should they be doing this, should they be doing that.... what a pointless conversation in the middle of civil unrest. And I don't mean that in the average, everyday talking-on-the-internet-is-pointless way. The individual fades away when you're in a mob. Any action you take is attributed to the group and vice versa. Do the concerned people here want to speak to the manager of the protests to tell them to stop burning buildings? It's not that simple. In the end, they're fed up and lashing out because law and order went out the window when that knee dug into George Floyd's spine for 10 minutes straight.

start the calls for order, care, justice and safety, with the oppressors not the oppressed. even amongst this unrulyness, if someone started a fire that claimed innocent lives they would be held accountable for it. the same cant be said about the George's murderers.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017

You sure are having a lot of "concern" for people that haven't died yet than the person that has already been dead. Hmmmmmm I wonder why 🤔

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

I didn't know we were given the power to end riots in this thread. Shit, and here we all are just doing nothing.

. . . "It is what it is" means we can't do anything about it now. It doesn't mean we're happy about the situation.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Unless posters here are directly in Minneapolis fanning the flames of conflict, there's little point in arguing with people here over the morality of some looting or rioting, nobody here can change anything that is happening. I doubt anybody here wants innocent people to die. Sadly no matter how angry people get, change never seems to come.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Ignoring Staff Thread Reply Banner
Store owners are gonna take this into their own hands soon. Looting is dumb af.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
That soldier seemed like a cool dude lol.

What does fuck 12 mean?
MV5BNmQ1YzEwNTAtMjMyYS00MjAwLTgyMzctZDVjZjNlMGI2ZWY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzMzMjU5NDY@._V1_.jpg