• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
When microsoft bought mojang, it was at 60 million sales and a lot of us thought they were insane. They have tripled it :O

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Amazing that a game that doesn't even have a creator, that just appeared out of nowhere, has gone on to become this.

But seriously, MS has done great things with it since picking it up, too. I didn't think it could go much higher at that point, and they've smashed those numbers to pieces - and the way they've supported it has been the right way, giving resources and assistance for growth without meddling. Props.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
When microsoft bought mojang, it was at 60 million sales and a lot of us thought they were insane. They have tripled it :O
F1m9lyw.png

convo

Oct 25, 2017
So long as there are children with creative urges, minecraft is gonna sell to new kids. There are already second generation Minecraft fans who show their kids the ropes in Minecraft. My brother who started playing at 6 now 15 is still enjoying it from time to time, it's a classic now.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
200 million registered users in China. I'm sorry what? That's absurd, that's like 1 in 7 people in China registering for this game. I understand a single registered account most probably doesn't equal 1 individual but even so that's an insane number.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Always knew this game was a Juggernaut, but damn that's a lot of copies.
Also, lol at reddit who think a Minecraft movie is 5 years too late.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wowzers, that means it's finally passed Tetris as the Best Selling Game of All Time TM.

Monster sales. RIP Tetris.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations to Mojang and Microsoft, one of the best games ever made and keeps getting better.

Notch you keep eating copious amounts of greasy, unhealthy shit and if you ever feel tightness, pain or a squeezing sensation in your chest or arms that may spread to your neck, jaw or back there's no need to call an ambulance, it's just a fart.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
i can't even imagine the impact earth will have. ill have to check in with my siblings brood and see if it's already on their radars

Last edited:

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
i can't even imagine the impact earth will have. ill have to check in with my siblings brood and see if it's already on their radars
I wasn't a fan of Pokemon Go and don't even really like to play and build in Minecraft.
But I do like to look at the impressive stuff some people build.
So I would just download the App to see what other create and how it fits into the real environment.

That game could be huge and very unique...