• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
This game is so broken on PS4 my friend and I are gonna try get a refund even though we were having a really good time. It's actually unacceptable that a game was released in this state. We've faced an absurd number of game breaking bugs losing a total of multiple hours of progress already

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Game is fun but now has me craving a more meater, deeper experience. Any suggestions (pc)
Path of Exile is pretty damn good and it's free. You'll want to give yourself until level 30 or so to really feel how it plays. Your character starts off feeling rather clunky but that is by design. Once you get some gems linked up and a few notable passives from the skill tree it starts to come together. By the time you finish the campaign you'll be smooth sailing.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I'll check it out. Also looking at Grim Dawn. All this reminds me, where the fuck is Torchlight 3?

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing this game with my little sister(7). I feel like this game exists in a spot where it's a bit too hard for kids and too much easy for adults. And the game isn't that good at explaining basic rpg concepts imo as most upgrades are percent based.

I also enjoy the free form aspect of it but I felt restricted by having to use loot that dropped rather than stuff I would like so I felt more restricted than class based games. Also having to scrap your gear to get your points back is lame and makes it so you can't save stuff for certain builds.

The leveling was fun but after like 3 hours you need like 3 levels for like 10% more damage which makes leveling feel dull. Also unique gear is a mixed bag as some seem to be items with one enchant by default and only one enchant slot, which makes them worse than green items that have two enchantment slots usually.

The dungeons are filled with dead ends rather than interesting stuff.

It's a decent game but I have hard time thinking of what areas it has over other games.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Playing at 1.5 difficulty is kicking my backside. I died so many times playing last night that I can only conclude I'm rubbish at games or people are playing on the basic difficulty and breezing through and so finding it boring.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's a decent game but I have hard time thinking of what areas it has over other games.
The name Minecraft and accessibility for kids are 2 big factors.

Playing at 1.5 difficulty is kicking my backside. I died so many times playing last night that I can only conclude I'm rubbish at games or people are playing on the basic difficulty and breezing through and so finding it boring.
Gear makes all the difference, a few good perks can break the game. But I think there's probably something to be said for rushing through and opening up adventure mode asap 'cause I can pop in and out of Creepy Crypt and make off with gear almost 20 levels above my current stuff by being a little patient and just leaning on snowball stunning enemies.

Maybe the risk/reward in the game isn't its strongest aspect. If you're going for higher difficulties and greater reward, getting to keep your gear when you lose all your lives seems too lenient and totally exploitable, and therefore could impact how long some people might want to stick around and play in the longer term... although with how buggy it is currently, with crashes seemingly on all platforms, I'm at least happy for now that I'm not losing out when it's not my fault. I think I only stuck with No Man's Sky and Anthem through excess bugginess/crashes at launch before this game, but here I am still backing up my saves and playing on late into the night, so it's definitely got its hooks into me in the same way both those games did.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I may be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but it isn't available in Xbone game pass. If it is, you definitely would have access to both copies on their respective device.

You are wrong ;)
The game is available on Xbox Game Pass for both PC and Xbox. The game is not Play Anywhere though. So there's no cross-buy.

crossplay workaround? I am on pc and my son on xbox... possible?

www.windowscentral.com

How to play Minecraft Dungeons cross-play early with this easy glitch

Minecraft Dungeons doesn't have cross-play support yet — but this easy glitch breaks down the wall between Xbox and PC.

Oct 29, 2017
The name Minecraft and accessibility for kids are 2 big factors.

Gear makes all the difference, a few good perks can break the game. But I think there's probably something to be said for rushing through and opening up adventure mode asap 'cause I can pop in and out of Creepy Crypt and make off with gear almost 20 levels above my current stuff by being a little patient and just leaning on snowball stunning enemies.

Maybe the risk/reward in the game isn't its strongest aspect. If you're going for higher difficulties and greater reward, getting to keep your gear when you lose all your lives seems too lenient and totally exploitable, and therefore could impact how long some people might want to stick around and play in the longer term... although with how buggy it is currently, with crashes seemingly on all platforms, I'm at least happy for now that I'm not losing out when it's not my fault. I think I only stuck with No Man's Sky and Anthem through excess bugginess/crashes at launch before this game, but here I am still backing up my saves and playing on late into the night, so it's definitely got its hooks into me in the same way both those games did.

That's interesting because I was wondering if I should just finish the initial story on the default difficulty just to get it done and move to Adventure. I think I'll do that after reading your post.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's interesting because I was wondering if I should just finish the initial story on the default difficulty just to get it done and move to Adventure. I think I'll do that after reading your post.

Yeah as i'm sure some weapons don't seem to show up until then as well as perks and other gear.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Me and my daughter are ready for Apocalypse. Having a lot of fun.

Seems like new items and enchantments only exist at higher levels BTW.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I am enjoying this game on my PS4. My son, away at university, convinced my 15-year old daughter to give the game a try. The two of them played online together until 4 am this morning. Judging by the laughter that kept waking me, the two are having fun with this game.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Weird. There ain't no Microtransactions in the game.

Also, I believe he means "Pander" as the Character due to the First Selection being that Non-White, Non-Male Creature in the first slot.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Does the hero pass appear as dlc or is it one of these things that attaches to your account discreetly? I like to buy stuff for my kid through my account and share it to him, to keep card details etc off his account. However I bought something awhile back for him for sea of thieves and it turned out to be kind of embedded in my account lol thought it was worth checking. Any replies, thank you :)

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i liked this but i think the final boss is actively bad

also without randomly generated levels i really have no desire to go through on higher difficulties. it's a fun game, but i wish i waited like a year or so to play it where there will be a lot more content

WeteHa

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
i liked this but i think the final boss is actively bad

also without randomly generated levels i really have no desire to go through on higher difficulties. it's a fun game, but i wish i waited like a year or so to play it where there will be a lot more content

The levels are randomly generated, but the variety is not as big as diablo.

The final boss is a crazy difficulty spike, especially on apocalypse. It becomes really easy once you realize you can block all of his attacks with the totem of protection and just spam arrows.
I killed him solo first try by equipping 3 totems, standing in 1 spot, pop the dome and spam arrows. Less than 2 minutes and it was done.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The levels are randomly generated, but the variety is not as big as diablo.

The final boss is a crazy difficulty spike, especially on apocalypse. It becomes really easy once you realize you can block all of his attacks with the totem of protection and just spam arrows.
I killed him solo first try by equipping 3 totems, standing in 1 spot, pop the dome and spam arrows. Less than 2 minutes and it was done.
they're randomly generated in the sense that there are like a small pool of the same large chunks of map which really just feels like the same map, regardless of the configuration

like it's *technically* random but it still really doesn't feel like it

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I don't love how good arrows are. I'm actively trying to make a solid melee focused build, but it feels more artifact dependent than ranged.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Weird. There ain't no Microtransactions in the game.

Also, I believe he means "Pander" as the Character due to the First Selection being that Non-White, Non-Male Creature in the first slot.
Why are you giving this shit-heel any sort of attention/exposure? For starters, he's a shit-heel. Second, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Third, he's an awful human being and I'd prefer to not be unwillingly exposed to him.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
MINECRAFT DUNGEONS: ON THE HORIZON
Fetch your binoculars. There's more ahead!

A few days ago, the Minecraft universe got a great deal bigger – and so has the pile of dishes that I've been ignoring since the launch of Minecraft Dungeons. But since neglecting my job in favor of gaming has consequences that extend beyond my visual and olfactory pleasure, I'm here to announce (*cough* or confirm *cough*) some exciting future updates!

But first, on a more serious note, we would like to acknowledge the amazing response we got these past few days. One of the most exciting things about the launch is seeing your first impressions, the hidden and secret areas you're discovering, not to mention the endless combinations of armor and artifacts you're creating. We've put a lot of time, love, and hard work in this game – and seeing it finally in the hands of our community is an indescribable feeling. What's even more exciting – there's more to come!

You probably already know that we're currently working on new content for Minecraft Dungeons, especially if you've purchased the Hero Edition. However, what you might not know is that the first of the two planned

DLCs – Jungle Awakens – is coming in July! In this adventure, you'll enter a distant, dangerous jungle to fight a mysterious power in three new missions. To defeat the terrors hidden among the vines, you'll have new weapons, armor, and artifacts at your disposal.

dungeons-dlc-announcement-jungleawakens-keyart.jpg

You'll get to meet the Leapleaf, Jungle Zombie, Poison Quill Vine, and others! I've heard that their social skills are lacking though, so gear up.

dungeons-dlc-announcement-screenshot.jpg

Once you've had enough of the jungle heat, you'll explore some frozen peaks in Creeping Winter! This second addition to Minecraft Dungeons will be coming later this year, so keep an eye on this blog and our socials for future sneak peeks!

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling really good about getting the Hero Edition right now – and it's not just because of the baby chicken that comes with it. Have you seen how cute it is though?
Did you think that was it? Far from it! ! The team is also working on adding cross-platform play functionality and cool new free content for Minecraft Dungeons that everyone will receive, regardless of edition! We'll come back with more details in the coming weeks. In the meantime, equip your favorite weapon and show that Arch-Illager who's boss! Get it? I'll see myself out.

www.minecraft.net

Minecraft Dungeons: On the horizon

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
3 Missions! Nice!

Any bet one of those will have a Secret Level within?

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Crashing here on x1x when attempting local coop with my family. Unforgivable for a first-party cooperative family-oriented game to launch in this state.

I feel so sorry for all these other poor folks reporting on the Mojang bugtracker that they can't coop with their kids, or who are losing hours of progress.

At least we're only trying to play it on game pass. It would be extra sour to have paid for this.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Is there a list of hidden and secret areas? I've not found any yet...
www.windowscentral.com

Minecraft Dungeons: How to find every secret level

Minecraft Dungeons has a few secret levels you can find with a bit of exploration and guidance, and we've put together a list on how to find them.
www.windowscentral.com

Minecraft Dungeons has a major secret Diablo fans will love (spoilers)

Minecraft Dungeons is here, and I can't stop playing it. As we dive deeper into the end game, we keep finding more and more secrets, and one has been found now that Diablo fans will love.

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
MINECRAFT DUNGEONS: ON THE HORIZON

A few days ago, the Minecraft universe got a great deal bigger – and so has the pile of dishes that I've been ignoring since the launch of Minecraft Dungeons. But since neglecting my job in favor of gaming has consequences that extend beyond my visual and olfactory pleasure, I'm here to announce (*cough* or confirm *cough*) some exciting future updates!

But first, on a more serious note, we would like to acknowledge the amazing response we got these past few days. One of the most exciting things about the launch is seeing your first impressions, the hidden and secret areas you're discovering, not to mention the endless combinations of armor and artifacts you're creating. We've put a lot of time, love, and hard work in this game – and seeing it finally in the hands of our community is an indescribable feeling. What's even more exciting – there's more to come!

You probably already know that we're currently working on new content for Minecraft Dungeons, especially if you've purchased the Hero Edition. However, what you might not know is that the first of the two planned

DLCs – Jungle Awakens – is coming in July! In this adventure, you'll enter a distant, dangerous jungle to fight a mysterious power in three new missions. To defeat the terrors hidden among the vines, you'll have new weapons, armor, and artifacts at your disposal.

dungeons-dlc-announcement-jungleawakens-keyart.jpg

You'll get to meet the Leapleaf, Jungle Zombie, Poison Quill Vine, and others! I've heard that their social skills are lacking though, so gear up.

dungeons-dlc-announcement-screenshot.jpg

Once you've had enough of the jungle heat, you'll explore some frozen peaks in Creeping Winter! This second addition to Minecraft Dungeons will be coming later this year, so keep an eye on this blog and our socials for future sneak peeks!

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling really good about getting the Hero Edition right now – and it's not just because of the baby chicken that comes with it. Have you seen how cute it is though?
Did you think that was it? Far from it! ! The team is also working on adding cross-platform play functionality and cool new free content for Minecraft Dungeons that everyone will receive, regardless of edition! We'll come back with more details in the coming weeks. In the meantime, equip your favorite weapon and show that Arch-Illager who's boss! Get it? I'll see myself out.

www.minecraft.net

Minecraft Dungeons: On the horizon

Oohh!

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they will do seasons like other aRPGs. For those not aware, this is not season pass type content I am talking about but I guess not entirely different. You would make a new character for each season and start from scratch and each season has some big twist to it and lasts a couple months.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Exploding arrow is still the best. Love the explosions it creates. Its like huge fireworks.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting software closed due to error on Switch. Has happened 3 times in a row now.

Anyone else?

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I don't love how good arrows are. I'm actively trying to make a solid melee focused build, but it feels more artifact dependent than ranged.
Yeah I tried as well but arrows are just the way to go. A strong bow with good upgrades makes short work of everything. Im going to keep trying as I make my way through the second difficulty but man that bow just feels leagues better.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I tried as well but arrows are just the way to go. A strong bow with good upgrades makes short work of everything. Im going to keep trying as I make my way through the second difficulty but man that bow just feels leagues better.
In a review I watched they said that the two higher difficulties use more and more ranged mobs... So it may be hard to avoid arrows.

If you like arrows I HIGHLY recommend the torment quiver.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Some of these boss battles have very fun mechanics. The first few levels of the game are quite simple. But in the end you have some very cool battles.
Makes me excited for the future with what kind of levels they add.

Oct 27, 2017
New York
In a review I watched they said that the two higher difficulties use more and more ranged mobs... So it may be hard to avoid arrows.

If you like arrows I HIGHLY recommend the torment quiver.
I accidentally salvaged one of those quivers. I'll find one tonight and try it out. Also my armor has deflect and I carry an artifact that blocks projectiles so I'm safe on that front. Trying to find all the secret dungeons atm.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
How does the level generation work? My girlfriend and I went through Redstone Mines twice on different difficulty modifiers and when we were in there the second time we saw rooms that we didn't remember in the first go around.