• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
There's some terrible stalls and stutters in the cutscene and loading parts (like seconds per frame rather than fps loading in to areas sometimes) but the game itself looks and plays great.

Played couch co-op with my son until he bailed and left me to it when his mate wanted him back in fortnite, but tbh it was just as much fun setting difficulty higher and one-manning the dungeons with my pet wolf. Later I co-op share played it with him and that worked fine over home wifi. One thing we've yet to try is co-op on my ps4 and then shareplay with a friend of his. Might be a way around being unable to mix coop and network play at the same time, have to try that tomorrow as it might mean we can get away with playing together with just my copy of the game.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I wish it had cross save
I feel ya on that. Hopefully it will come some time soon.

I played for about an hour of Minecraft Dungeons today. It's no Diablo 3 and, of course, it's not trying to be. What it is trying to be, a pick-up-and-play/accessible looter, I dig. I had fun and am looking forward to the end-game!

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Is anyone else running into issues starting the game? I'm using PC Game Pass and it has an "ownership" error that I can sometimes get past if I'm lucky, then it gets stuck at loading "squid coast". Any ideas?

Update: I still have the ownership problem, but the way I get past it is to sign in as my son's account, then when it rejects it, sign in as my account, it rejects that and I restart the game and it lets me in. Then for some reason it will never get past the squid coast loading screen unless I select online game.
Hopefully they fix this soon.

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can you buy arrows? Or is the money to earn only good for the smith with the random items?
No buying arrows but there are several items that can help out. Early on you can get armor that picks up more arrows, you can have skills that return arrows or use free ones and you can also have items that drop extra consumables when you use artifacts/HP potions. I have found a combo of those working ok but I still find it hard to go full bow/ranged only.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the Minecraft launcher edition from the Minecraft website as the game page on MS store wouldn't even load (wtf Microsoft...) All installed, have to finish work from home before playing.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Any idea how level syncing and gear works among multiple players? Friend and I seemed to get random results, sometimes we could both open a chest, other times it was just one of us. And then some gear would be shared as in it disappeared for the other after being picked up and other times we'd see our own stuff.

And if a friend joins us at level 1 and we're both 9, will it be doable for all or will it be off?

Last edited:

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
It has its own launcher for "Windows 7 and up" but Windows 10 downloads it straight from the Microsoft Store/Xbox App.
Edit: ah but looks like you can still get it in its own launcher for Windows 10. Little confusing haha
I hit reply before I saw the edit but it's here in the reply and basically solves my issue lol.
was going to bitch about it being on the MS store, since I've tried it several times over the past few years and it has never worked on my PC.

Elem

Oct 27, 2017
Not seeing many PS4 Pro impressions.

Does it play well and look as nice as the X screenshots posted earlier in the thread?

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
How does MP scaling work? Can a level ~ 30 character play with a level 1? Is the level 30 char downscaled or do you just one shot everything?

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Another gamepass victory. I wouldn't have bought this but I'm glad to have it.

Gamepass absolutely smashing it.

Oct 29, 2017
No idea what these "reviewers" were doing or playing to claim the game lasts 3.5 hours. I've just spent nearly 2 hours on a single dungeon rinsing every corner looking for loot!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
After a good number of hours with this, finally hit 27. Its a good starter Diablo game. Not too deep but a good early example of how to make interesting builds but without the number of equipment slots needed to do it. I must admit, I miss having more things to socket and equip but this fits in well with the seemingly shallow nature of Minecraft and then show a depth underneath as you play.

So many things they could add to really flesh it out but its a really fun beginner Diablo.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Any idea how level syncing and gear works among multiple players? Friend and I seemed to get random results, sometimes we could both open a chest, other times it was just one of us. And then some gear would be shared as in it disappeared for the after picked up and other times we'd see our own stuff.

And if a friend joins us at level 1 and we're both 9, will it be doable for all or will it be off?

Nobody knows.

They should have communicated this, it's a bad look for people who want to invest into the game.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I played a few levels with my wife and kids on our stations. It's pretty fun!

Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed this for the Xbox on Gamepass. First play session was 5 hours long and I only stopped because it was 4am. I never have such long gaming sessions anymore but this scratched my Diablo 3 itch, and then some. Definitely plays like a streamlined D3 clone but it's surprisingly challenging on the harder difficulties.

Deleted member 33567

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Played the first few levels and really like it. But don't like how it handles characters between players.
Looks like my kid can only use their character from my game in My games and not their own own game.

edit: they can start a game with their character. Ignore this part of the post

Last edited:

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
Friend I'm playing with is hearing a unique multi chime sound when he walks past a certain spot. It's happened more than once. I dont ever hear it and he can replicate it by walking away and coming back past it. Any ideas what this might be? One area is a small little closed section we assume is secret...

Had this earlier. I could constantly hear a chiming sound as if a chest spawned whereas my friend could not. We finished the level finding all secrets and chests so assumed the noise was just a bug.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So I got the game one both my switch and my sons. I haven't had time to actually play yet, but anything to know to do local co-op?

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
Crap, was just playing Creepy Crypt when I accidentally got through the gate at the end of the level and couldn't get back in to finish. I know some people have said this is a glitch but it's still disappointing. Other than that glitch I'm having a good time with the game.

Deleted member 33567

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
PS4- Actually, got it wrong, it does seem possible for them to play the character from my game in a game without me as long as their account loads the game. I.e as it normally works

I'll edit the post.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Had this earlier. I could constantly hear a chiming sound as if a chest spawned whereas my friend could not. We finished the level finding all secrets and chests so assumed the noise was just a bug.
Lol, well hmmm. We actually didn't find 3 of the 5 secrets and it did happen in 3 different areas of this one secret area map to the left of the first main mission area. Forget the name. Did you test by going back to any of those spots to see if they still made the sound after finding all secrets?

Oct 27, 2017
Is the loot completely randomized or will you find the same stuff through a playthrough or different difficulty tiered playthroughs?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
If anyone figures out how to pry a save file from the Windows Store/UWP version, so that I can move my progress from one PC to another, that'd be great. The lack of cloud-save support on Windows 10 is baffling.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I wanted to check side by side the switch docked and Xbox (one X). There is no cross save but. I started the game on Xbox it says I'm already playing it somewhere else. Funny that it has no cross save but this :(

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For graphics and perf I find them equally good looking on switch and Xbox one X. 4k isn't obvious. But wow. 30fps vs 60fps is night and day. I think I'll play on Xbox first time and wait for a cross save (which can't be far .... you can sync your account ) on switch later.

Édit : wait why is it much more smooth handheld than on tv (switch ?).

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
So many questions in this thread. Let's see.

- Is there a personal chest somewhere in your town
Not that I'm aware of

- I heard crossplay with Xbox/PC is working if you invite the person? Anyone try it?
www.windowscentral.com

How to play Minecraft Dungeons cross-play early with this easy glitch

Minecraft Dungeons doesn't have cross-play support yet — but this easy glitch breaks down the wall between Xbox and PC.

- Can you level up gear?
No. You can find higher level gear, but you can't level up the gear you have. You can enchant your gear though with different kind of abilities and passives.

- Is there trading or gifting between players? Couldn't see anything.

No.​

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
Lol, well hmmm. We actually didn't find 3 of the 5 secrets and it did happen in 3 different areas of this one secret area map to the left of the first main mission area. Forget the name. Did you test by going back to any of those spots to see if they still made the sound after finding all secrets?

Yeah we kept looking around the area I thought the chime was, but after a while it just started to feel completely random rather than located in a specific area. It was happening to us on the crypt level and stopped happening when we went back outside to the exit.

I'm wondering if we missed a secret level or something. I noticed the secret / chest totals on the map can change if you find chests that spawn, which is annoying.