• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
EbcmGZSXYAcMbET

Last month, Mojang Studios released Minecraft Dungeons. Have you played it yet? I have and quite enjoyed it, even though it's obvious that the team didn't use any of the notes that I have been continuously submitting. I might believe that they didn't get my emails and phone calls, but how could they miss the carrier pigeons I sent to their home addresses? I'm not saying that they had to change everything to center around yours truly, but a few references wouldn't have hurt.
One thing they did add was more shrubbery, vines, and humidity. Foliage as far as the eye can see. Oh, and a bunch of new weapons, armors, artifacts, and mobs. And three new story missions! Aaaand a free update, which includes the Lost Temple dungeon, some new items, and a few game balancing changes. Phew! I'm out of breath and I haven't even gotten to the pandas yet.

That's right, the first Dungeons DLC is on its way! Jungle Awakens will be released on July 1, so get ready to battle new mobs such as the Leapleaf and Whisperer before ultimately saving the day by defeating the Jungle Abomination. For those of you who already bought the Hero Edition, all of this is included! Don't worry, you can always upgrade your standard game with the Hero Pass. Hooray! Sorry, I mean hero-ay! What, you think that's a bad joke? I don't have time to craft my usual high-quality puns for you because I have a jungle outfit to perfect and pandas to admire from afar.

Fiiiiine, I'll leave you with one little treat to tide you over until the DLC drops. We have recently released the Dungeons soundtrack so you can get in the mood even when you're not playing the game! Or put it on as you play it, for that authentic dungeon echo. It's up to you, just like which platform you enjoy your tunes on! Personally, I only listen to the harmonies of my mechanical keyboard but the rest of you can find the Dungeons base game soundtrack on Apple Music or on Spotify. Just because I like you so much and to make up for the horrible joke in the last paragraph, I'll throw in the Apple Music and Spotify links to the Jungle Awakens soundtrack too. Let's all agree to choreograph our own dances to it by the time the DLC is out, OK? Don't leave me hanging, even if it is from a vine.

www.minecraft.net

Minecraft Dungeons: Jungle Awakens

Get ready for the first DLC drop!

Last edited:

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Looking forward to this. Game has been great to pick up, run a area or two, and get some more loot while listening to podcasts.

Gonna be working on the runes to get to the secret area.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Hm...the added loot might get me to jump in. If I remember, that was an issue for the Giant Bomb crew (the variety of loot was fairly low)

Arkhanor

Oct 27, 2017
Recife - Brazil
Great game, but it still has a bigger problem on pc. If you uninstall the game, your profile/save is gone. A friend of mine learned about this the worst way possible and lost a lot of hours of progress.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's earlier than I thought, and excellent news to boot. Can't wait to find new loot in new areas!

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Playing this on Xbox One X and it's been a nice surprise.
Sure, it's a "simplified" Diablo game, but it's super charming and has just enough going on
that I have stayed engaged to it. If GP doesn't include the Hero Edition, I will be buying all the DLCs
for sure.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hm...the added loot might get me to jump in. If I remember, that was an issue for the Giant Bomb crew (the variety of loot was fairly low)
They hid it behind pretty late game RNG but there are actually 20-30 different unique legendary items with cool perks. They are super-rare though. I watched a video from a guy who spent tens of thousands of emeralds across tens of hours of gameplay and even after that he got the odd unique item he'd never seen before.

I think a lot of loot games have great progression and then people get bored of the "end game" whereas in this game it's the other way around. There is a lot of unlockable stuff in the end-game, to do different builds around different unique items with unique perks....but people didn't get there as they fell off the main loop/grind.

I'd roughly half the levels in the base game are also hidden for people to find....so there was quite a lot of optional/missable "content".

Oct 27, 2017
The variety of items / enchantments really started to improve in the later playthroughs imo.

Are there any new achievements for the DLC? I 100% the base game. Didn't see any mention in the OP unless I missed it...

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yep definitely jumping back in. Already cleared the game and all secret levels on the hardest Apocalypse with my 3 friends so this will be fun to go through.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
They hid it behind pretty late game RNG but there are actually 20-30 different unique legendary items with cool perks. They are super-rare though. I watched a video from a guy who spent tens of thousands of emeralds across tens of hours of gameplay and even after that he got the odd unique item he'd never seen before.

I think a lot of loot games have great progression and then people get bored of the "end game" whereas in this game it's the other way around. There is a lot of unlockable stuff in the end-game, to do different builds around different unique items with unique perks....but people didn't get there as they fell off the main loop/grind.

I'd roughly half the levels in the base game are also hidden for people to find....so there was quite a lot of optional/missable "content".

Interesting . So it has a nice post game loop?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
as someone who doesnt care about minecraft at all, I played this game a little bit for some microsoft reward points and was surprised. its pretty fun.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Great game, but it still has a bigger problem on pc. If you uninstall the game, your profile/save is gone. A friend of mine learned about this the worst way possible and lost a lot of hours of progress.hmm

I also learned the hard way. 30 hrs of playtime.....gone, haven't been back on since, fuck that noise.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they continue to innovate and expand on this similar to regular Minecraft, I've enjoyed it so far.

Deleted member 33567

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Great game, got it for the kids and ended up playing more than them. As a lot of people have said, perfect chill out game. With the secret levels and 3 difficulties, the amount of content for the price was decent, but more levels are very welcome.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I really need to pick this back up. I played a lot within the first week and got stuck on the final boss. I need to grind a little more and finish it up soon.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting . So it has a nice post game loop?
Hmmm it has a good end game loop if you want to experiment with builds based on certain perks.

The final secret level is basically built as a dps tester. It gives you tons of mobs with lots of health, that do lots of damage, and you can just spam different builds against it seeing how efficient you can be. Any half decent build is "game breaking" in that you could probably one or two shot the final boss on the hardest difficulty.... But you need something better than that to take on the secret level.

One YouTuber probably put tens of hours into trying to find the perfe r bow that could one shot the secret boss. I think that meant doing 600k damage in one shot/strike.

That said, you're just doing the same things over and over which a lot of people don't like.