• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
How do you unlock the secret level?

And about the enchantments: can you reset the possible effects before you put points into the weapons / armor or is the effect fixed?
Explore a little bit more of each level of the two levels, there may be something you can active ;).

Once you choose an enchantment on a weapon/armour, you can't go back.

Played a tad bit more (I salvaged everything):
unknown.png

Playing the levels again on a higher "difficulty" shows even more randomization of the levels. As was stated a couple posts up, there are parts of the level you will always see, but there's a lot more that's generated/randomized. The higher the difficulty, the bigger the level is (in my experience).

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Explore a little bit more of each level of the two levels, there may be something you can active ;).

Once you choose an enchantment on a weapon/armour, you can't go back.

Played a tad bit more (I salvaged everything):
unknown.png

Playing the levels again on a higher "difficulty" shows even more randomization of the levels. As was stated a couple posts up, there are parts of the level you will always see, but there's a lot more that's generated/randomized. The higher the difficulty, the bigger the level is (in my experience).
I started doing the higher difficulty. Feels so much better to not two shot everything lol. And yeah. I noticed the areas looked different as well.Amd different enemy type as well.
some remind me of the enemy in D3. the ones that build stone walls. those are interesting because if you get those with creepers than RIP.

Kamagii

Oct 27, 2017
South of Heaven
Didn't know this had a beta Looking forward to read all of the impressions and if someone has a spare key let me know I would be oh so very grateful

Bloodsent

Oct 25, 2017
My 11 year old has been watching videos and telling me how excited he is to play this with me. What a great quarantine gift if someone with an extra key could please share one. Would totally make a kid's day!

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
no matchmaking. just play with online friends.

heres the FAQ

help.minecraft.net

Minecraft Dungeons FAQ

RELEASE INFO HOW CAN I GET MINECRAFT DUNGEONS? Minecraft Dungeons is available now on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation™ 4, Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Game Pass. Minecraft Dungeons – S...
Yeah I saw.

That's really lame tbh, these games kinda are at their best for me with multiple players. Gonna have to join some Discord servers and get some people together.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Anyone tried this with parsec? I'd love to play with my gal, but don't know if her system could run it. We may both just end up getting the Switch version.

DosDaddy

Feb 17, 2019
Didn't get a code sadly, if anybody has a spare. Diablo didnt really click with my partner, and its a but too much for my daughter so curious to see the similarities gameplay wise.
looking forward to watching some streams and reading the impressions here

murphyspub

Oct 30, 2017
I've got a 7 and 8 year old that would really love to play this while we are sheltered at home, if anyone has an invite. Thanks!

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Does anybody know whether enchantments stack? I got an armour and put two Thorns enchantments on it. Now I don't know if the second enchantment does anything lol.

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Is this more than just a coop campaign? It's not often you see betas for games like this.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to check if you've got more invites?

I have access to the beta (via someone else) and I don't know how to check if I have invites.

I'm up to level 8 and the game feels very like diablo 3. Theres less complications around details and stats of loot but it's got all the same loops and systems.

SenshiManny

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to check if you've got more invites?

I have access to the beta (via someone else) and I don't know how to check if I have invites.

I'm up to level 8 and the game feels very like diablo 3. Theres less complications around details and stats of loot but it's got all the same loops and systems.

I'm pretty sure you don't get additional invites if you've accepted an invite from someone else but I don't know that from experience personally so I could be wrong. That said, from what I've gathered from a discord for this game is that invites will show on this page: https://dungeons.minecraft.net/en-US/Entitlements/

So if you've received any, they'll appear there. Best of luck!

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure you don't get additional invites if you've accepted an invite from someone else but I don't know that from experience personally so I could be wrong. That said, from what I've gathered from a discord for this game is that invites will show on this page: https://dungeons.minecraft.net/en-US/Entitlements/

So if you've received any, they'll appear there. Best of luck!

Ok - thanks - that page just says I have access to the beta, so that's fine. I just wanted to check they weren't dishing out extra ones!

Tyvan

Oct 27, 2017
Georgia
My son and I would love to share an invite if anyone has one left. There seems to be a lot of requests but not much thanking. So I am guessing the invites/keys are very limited.
Thanks!

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Does progress carry? Either way, I wouldn't say no. Was rally looking forward to it since I saw it but sucks to see it was pushed back a little.

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Would love a code if anyone has a spare...
I can send you a leftover game from my humble bundle that I recently snagged.
pm me

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Played through the beta, it was fun but I feel like itemization could use more depth.
You have your weapons (melee+range) and armour only, so 3 in total, and then you have 3 Artifacts which are basically your skills.
Kinda wish they would have gone the way of OG Minecraft and each piece of armour is separated for more loot.

I had a similar feeling, I hope they do something with load-outs that you can hot swap between, kind of like Guild Wars 2 where you can switch weaponsets but then switching back is on a cooldown or something. That would help builds feel a little more versatile.

I felt like I got a pretty good variety of weapons and artifacts while I was playing the beta, and the enchantments on the weapons and armor helped mix things up, some of them were enough that they felt like passive skills that you'd see in games like Diablo. It also felt like there was a lot of weapon types I didn't see, like I never saw any dual swords or hammers or any magic staffs or anything, so I feel like there's more too it than what I saw.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy it, my 7 year old son is having a blast with just what's there in beta.

Will be a hit in out house once it's live. Wife will also be playing it, we all liked Riverbond too.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Yeah I saw.

That's really lame tbh, these games kinda are at their best for me with multiple players. Gonna have to join some Discord servers and get some people together.

I expect that's because the game is expected to bring in lots of younger players and it could be problematic to match make them with random strangers.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
I had a similar feeling, I hope they do something with load-outs that you can hot swap between, kind of like Guild Wars 2 where you can switch weaponsets but then switching back is on a cooldown or something. That would help builds feel a little more versatile.

I felt like I got a pretty good variety of weapons and artifacts while I was playing the beta, and the enchantments on the weapons and armor helped mix things up, some of them were enough that they felt like passive skills that you'd see in games like Diablo. It also felt like there was a lot of weapon types I didn't see, like I never saw any dual swords or hammers or any magic staffs or anything, so I feel like there's more too it than what I saw.
Agreed.

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
For anyone that wants a code, leave a tab open with "minecraft dungeons beta" or "minecraft dungeons invite" on Twitter (better on Tweetdeck as it updates regularly), there's random people posting invite links every now and then.

I got mine this way.

lurksalot

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
If anyone has a spare beta code, this would brighten my 9yo daughter's week. She's really starting to get cabin fever and missing her friends.

RexFury

Jan 1, 2018
My son would absolutely love to give this a go. If anyone has a spare code, I would really appreciate it.