• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that i didnt get an invite, i usually get everything

EDIT: Nevermind it was in my inbox and i just missed it

Trifle

Oct 28, 2017
Daughter is a big minecraft fan and is looking forward to this - we'd love an invite if a spare is available. Thanks!

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
This. Just alot of invite questions haha.

Cool.

Game is pretty OK. It feels slow and plodding, at least early on. I'm not getting any sense of strategy in combat yet, but I'm also only level 5 or so.

I like the enchantment system. Makes it worthwhile to stick with gear. But I wonder what happens as you get better gear and salvage the old gear? Can you get infinite enchant points for gear?

Mobility feels really limited. The dodge cooldown is maybe a bit too long. And when there are multiple ranges enemies, you can't dodge everything.

I'm going to keep playing and see what the late game holds.

Did they mention if beta progress sticks into full release?

zedox

Oct 28, 2017

My stats.

Cool.

Game is pretty OK. It feels slow and plodding, at least early on. I'm not getting any sense of strategy in combat yet, but I'm also only level 5 or so.

I like the enchantment system. Makes it worthwhile to stick with gear. But I wonder what happens as you get better gear and salvage the old gear? Can you get infinite enchant points for gear?

Mobility feels really limited. The dodge cooldown is maybe a bit too long. And when there are multiple ranges enemies, you can't dodge everything.

I'm going to keep playing and see what the late game holds.

Did they mention if beta progress sticks into full release?

You never lose enchanments...when you salvage, you get your enchanments back. Beta stats don't stay with you.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone has a spare beta entry , I'd love to give this a go! Didn't realize there was a sign up.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
How does one get a code??? My son has been dying to play this. It'd be a great diversion to play this together.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Are any sites giving out codes? How did everyone get them to begin with? I'd love to figure out how to get one too! :)

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I have no codes to spare. This plays as elegantly as last year's E3 build, though I'm concerned about some tedium in the auto-generated map designs.

Spaaaaaaaaace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone has an extra invite I would greatly appreciate it. Would be nice to play something while in quarentine.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I would really really love an invite to this. I've been playing Diablo 3 for years now so I'd love something to test out!

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Played through the beta, it was fun but I feel like itemization could use more depth.
You have your weapons (melee+range) and armour only, so 3 in total, and then you have 3 Artifacts which are basically your skills.
Kinda wish they would have gone the way of OG Minecraft and each piece of armour is separated for more loot.
That's disappointing to hear. That's not enough item slots to keep things interesting I fear.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
That's disappointing to hear. That's not enough item slots to keep things interesting I fear.
Each weapon and armor has up to 3 enchantments that also have 3 tiers of an enchament. They vary based on the loot you get. A lot of different enchantments. You can change your Armour and weapons, salvage, and enchant at anytime. Each enchantment slot has up to 3 or 4 different enchantments to choose from. Once you select you can't go back.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Each weapon and armor has up to 3 enchantments that also have 3 tiers of an enchament. They vary based on the loot you get. A lot of different enchantments. You can change your Armour and weapons, salvage, and enchant at anytime. Each enchantment slot has up to 3 or 4 different enchantments to choose from. Once you select you can't go back.
Cool thanks, that sounds much more promising.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Cool thanks, that sounds much more promising.
Enchantments are basically permanent gems to the items, so think of them as gem slots and you can get gear with 1-3 slots.
Artifacts do not have these so in end game you'll be looking at 9 max.
I think it's honestly very disappointing but at the same time I can understand they don't want to make the game too deep to lure in the younger audience.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
the story path stays the same but the paths are random

DO MISSIONS CHANGE FROM ONE GAME TO THE NEXT?

Yes! Each mission in Minecraft Dungeons is a mix of procedural content and carefully crafted elements that tie into the mission's objectives and narrative. In other words, while parts of the mission stay the same, the paths, mobs and treasure you find will be different every time you play it.

EDIT: I should clarify

The story path is more like events area. that stays the same. but the paths are random.
This already sounds better than Diablo 3. I couldn't believe how little randomization that game got!

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
This is a fun little game, but doesn't seem like it's going to have enough depth to promote extremely long periods of play. Whats here is pretty good though. I enjoy the enchantment system, the visuals are very fetching if you like the Minecraft style, and the combat is pretty snappy and feels satisfying for what it is. So far there's just not enough going on under the hood as far as character development and progression goes to make me think I'll spend more than ten or fifteen hours with it though.

Going to keep progressing through the beta later. Hopefully I'll discover stuff that will really grip me.