• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Saw this on Twitter

It will require a Xbox account to play just like the other versions.

Toss me in a lava pit if old =P

Few notes:

- Includes a LittleBigPlanet mashup pack (If it is like the Nintendo mash-up pack, it won't be available to be used via cross-play)
- Cross-play requires a free Xbox account.
- Will probably be announced during State of Play on 12/10.
- Just like the other versions, Xbox will probably get Minecraft for PlayStation 4 achievements.
- No details on free upgrades yet, but if it is like it was on Xbox. You get a free digital license if you played the physical copy for 5 hours or had a free upgrade if you already owned the digital version.

EDIT

A friendly reminder (since this also happened with both the Xbox One and the Nintendo Switch Version of the game). If you wish to keep a digital copy of Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition, you probably have until Tuesday to pick it up since it will be delisted from the marketplace and replaced with Minecraft Bedrock Edition.

Last edited:

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So weird to see Xbox Game Studios on a PlayStation game. It really shows the evolution this generation has gone through.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Platform warring
Time for MAU to matter for MS let's see how they spin PR

Dec 11, 2017
Will you earn achievements and trophies simultaneously?

I'm being serious. Every PS4 game requires trophies, but an Xbox Live account even unlocks achievements on the Switch.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So where are all those people saying that Sony would never allow an MS login on their service?

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, would be great if Microsoft allowed for a free upgrade like the other versions when they came out.
State of Play announcement?

OP
OP
Hardvlade

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's the "better together" update right? I remember Sony not allowing crossplay because of the children back then.

OP
OP
Hardvlade

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Will you earn achievements and trophies simultaneously?

I'm being serious. Every PS4 game requires trophies, but an Xbox Live account unlocks achievements on everything, even the Switch.

That or we'll get "Minecraft for PS4". Like the Nintendo Switch version which gave us Xbox achievements.

61542_04_minecraft-nintendo-switch-supports-xbox-achievements.jpg

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole SoP is leaking lol

So far we have the Vanquish (I know it was for the Xbox version but I can see it being revealed at SoP), KH III DLC trailer, RE 3 and this.

OP
OP
Hardvlade

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me the difference between Minecraft digital for PS4 and this? And do I have to buy Minecraft again on the ps4? If I want bedrock.

Bedrock edition allows cross play between Android, iOS, Switch, PC and Xbox. It runs on a different engine (aka Bedrock)

Not sure yet if you have to buy it again, all other versions got a free upgrade so possibly! They'll probably let everyone know on Tuesday

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me the difference between Minecraft digital for PS4 and this? And do I have to buy Minecraft again on the ps4? If I want bedrock.
bedrock was just the next major update for minecraft, but it needed cross play and xbox live logins so it didn't come to ps4 for a long time. most likely you'll get it as a free update if you already have the game on psn.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is this is a "now available!" announcement during the State of Play.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
SONY, What have you done?!

"They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM."

Jokes aside, this is good news.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How were physical versions handled with the upgrade?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How were physical versions handled with the upgrade?
this is how it worked on xbo:
If you own a physical copy of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, and you've played five hours in the last twelve months, or bought DLC at any time, then you're entitled to a free update to the Bedrock version. If you haven't played for five hours in the last 12 months/bought any DLC, you can fulfill either of the conditions (it's a pretty good excuse to play Minecraft for five hours) before November 30 2019. You will receive a 5x5 code via Xbox messaging that lets you redeem the Bedrock version of Minecraft. Please be prepared for a short wait to receive your code, as it could take a few weeks while our team processes redemption requests.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you own a physical copy of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, and you've played five hours in the last twelve months, or bought DLC at any time, then you're entitled to a free update to the Bedrock version. If you haven't played for five hours in the last 12 months/bought any DLC, you can fulfill either of the conditions (it's a pretty good excuse to play Minecraft for five hours) before November 30 2019. You will receive a 5x5 code via Xbox messaging that lets you redeem the Bedrock version of Minecraft.
Hmmm, I'll leave Minecraft running for 5 hours on my PS4 just in case...