• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
That looks super cool, they put alot of work in. Not a Minecraft player myself, are these DLC assets something people can use to build their own stuff outside by the DLC levels? Like could people make custom Sonic levels with this kit?

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Haven't touched minecraft in YEARS but this is gonna get me to grab it on switch and is the closest we're getting to SA3 lol

I just wish mario's minecraft pack had this level of care

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
I never thought I'd see the day when I could play as a Sega character in a Microsoft developed game on a Nintendo platform.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, boost Sonic level design.

Chao Garden is great, though, if it's full-featured.

Super Craig

Oct 27, 2017
It cost me ÂŁ6.69 for the coins needed. Had a quick mess about. There's a hub area that allows you to access different things. Could only see Green Hill Zone at the start.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Tried this on switch, but the performance is TERRIBLE. Constantly dropping to 0 frames per second, janky controls, and a bunch of other issues. Collisions sometimes don't work, etc. Felt like playing sonic 06 all over again. I'd say avoid.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
between this and the Star Wars skin pack/level Mojang has been putting a ton of effort into its collaborations lately

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
What you see is what you get! Just a guy that loves adventure.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is easily the coolest thing I've seen from Minecraft and the coolest thing I've seen from Sonic in a long time.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
Is this pretty much separated from the main(survival/creative) game? Does it give you anything usable in those modes? I'm assuming skins? Maybe a texture pack?

Mar 11, 2020
Is this pretty much separated from the main(survival/creative) game? Does it give you anything usable in those modes? I'm assuming skins? Maybe a texture pack?
Yeah i don't get minecraft packs at all i thought they were all textures? Is this stuff just playable in it's own world or do you get sonic with his abilities in the main game too?

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Yeah i don't get minecraft packs at all i thought they were all textures? Is this stuff just playable in it's own world or do you get sonic with his abilities in the main game too?
Yeah this looks really cool from the trailer but I'm going to need some further impressions to understand the scope before I drop $30 on MC again for Switch. Unless DLC is multiplat and I can grab it for PC

I'm worried these cool parts are related to the online events and the rest is just single player skins?

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
RE: the above, my concerns are put to ease! Gameplay here...

Are there any other DLC packs like this for Minecraft? Seems like a perfect time to jump back in with the Caves & Cliffs update, I remember wanting to wait to not have to regenerate my world.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
RE: the above, my concerns are put to ease! Gameplay here...

Are there any other DLC packs like this for Minecraft? Seems like a perfect time to jump back in with the Caves & Cliffs update, I remember wanting to wait to not have to regenerate my world.

There's a Pac-Man pack that also changes the gameplay.

Oct 27, 2017
I think I might get this for myself. On a whim, I bought minecraft on pc a week ago because I wanted to see what my 3060 ti could do with the rtx stuff. Minecraft is honestly the best game out to mess with it. So, I think this will be an easy buy for me to test it out.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Plays kind of shitty but not like bad bad. Not like Sonic Team bad. More of a novelty with a bunch of cute fanservice. It's $7.99.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Umm... A fucking Chao Garden?
I've been waiting for this since SA2!!

I'll have to see how deep this system is but if it's even remotely serviceable I'll probably have to play Minecraft for the first time in like 7 years...

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
There's a Pac-Man pack that also changes the gameplay.

The Wii U/3DS/Switch versions also have Mario.

Minecraft_WiiU_MashupPack_Mario_Shot1.2ac1f920.ea705fe1.jpg