• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
<3

5XLRwCP.jpg
That's missing my favorite part of that scene, which is one of the few times Mitsuru is clearly angry.

f3b77Xr.jpg

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Why? I get to call my character Kirby McBeef and I'm happy about that.

I'm not against having the option to rename characters if you want to – I just don't like it when there isn't one "default" name to go with, since that's what I usually prefer. I named Joker "Lucas Thomas" when I started Persona 5 and it consistently bugged me. I wanted to go back and start the whole game again when I found out his official post-game launch name has mostly been settled on as Ren.

Sega Europe Made the Poll, Constant Contact w/ Sega Japan

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
A random survey by SEGA America using a fan invented name is hardly what I'd consider "official."

More likely whoever threw together the survey googling "persona 3 femc name" which gives that as the top result.

On name related trivia: The official reason for not sticking with the manga name as canon for Persona 5 at least was that not sticking with the manga name for canon is tradition at this point.
I know the people that put this together (they are from SEGA Europe btw) and there were certain hurdles in setting it up. They had a back and forth with SEGA Japan about everyone in the list.

So this is pretty much as official as possible.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
If only I put this effort to make Minako come back into making P1 and P2 come back...if only

eggs_

Jan 10, 2018
Hard to call any persona before 4 a big one. 3 just has more penetration in america compared to the first 2(3)

That's true. But 3 has definitely enjoyed the success of the more recent games, considering it has four movies, two cross over dungeon crawlers, and a dancing game.

Oct 27, 2017

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know the people that put this together (they are from SEGA Europe btw) and there were certain hurdles in setting it up. They had a back and forth with SEGA Japan about everyone in the list.

Cool to know but I still find them using an unofficial fan name odd.

They don't even use the canon names we do have consistently.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Just curious, why are Ren & Joker separate?

Rabla

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
See I thought the best part of their choice of 'Makoto Yuki' was the fact that Makoto was a unisex name that implied that both protagonists could use the name.

I agree that this SEGA poll doesn't necessarily mean it's official though.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Because Ren and Joker would effectively play and be presented differently. Classic, Modern and Boom Sonic stuff is separated for the same reason.
I see, thanks for clarifying. I'll threadmark both of your posts so others won't have to search the thread to find out what you answered.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Nevermind, I'm dumb and was thinking it was for some reason.

Minato Arisato is not the name of the person in the anime.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah. It also conflicts with the Japanese fan name Hamuko Arisato, which, if either were to be chosen as "official", you think would be the one.
As another poster mentioned, Sega Europe made the poll & had constant communication with Sega Japan (& probably Atlus as well) during the process of making it. It should be one of the threadmarks.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Wish they would remake P3 already.

Maybe if Atlus works at 10000% of their usual speed, we'll get it by end of PS5 generation. We might also need to be extremely lucky for the game to actually get remade correctly and without somehow getting fucked up by some offensive gay or trans jokes. Considering all this, I've practically given up hope.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a new release of P3P? What prompted this thread?

(Not thread bashing, just curious).

Edit: Nevermind. Now I see.