• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59848

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2019
Have to agree with everyone saying it should've been Twintelle. It was a good app to have a black character. Also my personal fave.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Has there every been a week long gap between Sakurai's overview of the new character and the actual release?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Wasn't a huge ARMS fan but she was my favorite to play as so I'm pretty stoked. First character since Banjo that I really liked.

Twintelle was always a long shot, but I feel for her fans.

More Amiibo was the real hype announcement though.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i've heard this before, but he was the first character revealed and he is on the boxart. It's kind of like how FF6 also technically doesn't have a main character, but everyone (include SE in promo material and crossovers) Treats Terra as the MC.

Sakurai brought it up. Yabuki(creator of ARMs) told him they are all main character and he wants Min Min in Smash.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
It didn't even have to be Twintelle, I'd just like a black/brown character playable in Smash. Min Min is fine but it's just disappointing

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why they wouldn't go with the most popular character. But I am happy it is at least a female.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Trash. Twintelle is the only character from this IP worth a damn.
Hyperbole much? Nearly the entire roster of Arms is well liked.

I wanted Twintelle, but I was pretty convinced it would be Min Min. Twintelle would be a bit weird as she doesn't even actually use her arms. "Here's this rep from the Arms series, but she uses her hair to fight". I'm just glad it wasn't any of the more generic characters like Ribbon Girl, Spring Man, or Ninjara.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing and trivialising the need for black representation; Black representation has always been necessary
"If it's not a black person, it's bad."
Is that really where we are now?
Even more when
1. The character was started WAY before the political events that unfolded
2. The video that released today was also done before those.

And as you say, a little sad to see some people on resetera behaving like if a chinese female character isnt also good representation.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Was hoping for Twintelle but Min Min was my second choice so I'm pretty happy. She looks like a blast to play as well.

MrMegaMill

Nov 28, 2017
Shame on some people for being upset that the only real option from among Nintendo's IPs to have a black woman representing wasn't taken? Right now? Are you for real?

Yes, Smash desperately needs more female character mains, and so Min Min is far from nothing (it could have been another white dude), but it's an inarguable loss of opportunity.

I will apologize. Of course it would have been the perfect opportunity for Nintendo to include its first Black woman character in Smash and this is a a sorely missed opportunity.

I just meant to say that I was upset that some at the start of this thread were neglecting and overlooking that Min Min herself is a POC.

I am sorry for what I said and how I said it.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
While I would love to have Twintelle first, they probably do need to have a character with arms to rep ARMs. I would love her being one of the other Smash Pack characters.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
So still zero black characters in a roster of over a hundred.
That's fucking pathetic to be honest.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to deviate from putting the main / most prominent character from a series into Smash I would think it would be to take one of the few opportunities to add diversity in an area where it's entirely missing.

I view Smash Bros. as having a passive lack of diversity given the rules of inclusion, but with this it's a choice.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Excellent pick(even if I wanted mechanica) and perfectly executed

do wonder how long till the next reveal tho

Copper

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
User banned (1 month): Erasing Asian representation
Wow, there are some ridiculously bad takes in this thread.

I'm a fan of both characters and am glad that a female POC has entered the game.

Shame on some of you.

Blonde, green eyed , light skin... Being from fictional China don't really qualify as POC come on.

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love ARMS for everything but the game unfortunately. Its characters. Its soundtrack. Its aesthetic. Just not the game itself. I would have been happy with anybody. I'm happy about this. Goddamn, she looks great. Albeit my friend says she'll have a hard time in neutral.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Called it with her winning the in-game competition.

She was my main when I played, so I'm cool with this.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've mentioned it before but Twintelle uses her hair. I knew that would make her chances slim just due to how Sakurai likes to represent characters in Smash. Would have still liked her more but Min Min was probably the next best pick.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
As someone who doesn't play Smash it's hard to deny how much of a celebration of games it is!

Love Arms though, wish it was more popular!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad that Min Min got picked, I always felt that of the realistic character choices she had the most potential between her dragon arm and kicks. Sorry Twintelle fans but at least it wasn't Spring "it obviously has to be him because he's on the box!" Man, and thank Biff that Yabuki stepped in to stop Sakurai from going with Ninjara the Noobslayer.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Even more when
1. The character was started WAY before the political events that unfolded
2. The video that released today was also done before those.

And as you say, a little sad to see some people on resetera behaving like if a chinese female character isnt also good representation.
If they needed the recent event to even consider Twintelle then they are dumb
Smash has 0 black characters, 0