• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
I wish I could be more upset because I really wanted Twintelle more. But I kinda knew Min Min would win it anyway (developer's fav, she won that party thingy, is just as if not more popular) so it doesn't hurt as much since I was prepared for the disappointment.

Plus it helps that I already legit like her (she's based off of one of my favorite foods, her design is one of my favorites in the game and she's my second main), so if I can't have Twintelle, she was always my next choice (and vise versa).

So. . .yeah! Min Min is a win-win. (Twintelle đź’”)

Dec 23, 2017
That's kinda beside the point if people wanted her and they're disappointed she didn't make the cut. Calling the game garbage because she didn't is what's throwing me lmao
Well I don't know about it being garbage. I personally don't have the game it just had no appeal to me after having the Wii U version and 3ds version I'm all smashed out. A big part of that is no appeal to the fighters to me.

OP
OP
Mariolee

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Understand the disappointment that there's no main Black representation in Smash, but some y'all really showing your ass thinking Asian ain't a minority.

Is this the first time a franchise's introduction character hasn't been the main character?

Producer believes all the characters in ARMS are equivalent main characters.

Battle Born

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would have loved Twintelle but Min Min is another great choice. She also looks pretty fun to play.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
The amount of people tossing Min Min out because she's not a brown POC is disappointing. Non brown POCs exist.

Anyway, love the choice, as she's always been one of the most appealing character designs from ARMS, and I'm even happier we finally get a standalone female character in the fighter pack.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, there are some ridiculously bad takes in this thread.

I'm a fan of both characters and am glad that a female POC has entered the game.

Shame on some of you.

Shame on some people for being upset that the only real option from among Nintendo's IPs to have a black woman representing wasn't taken? Right now? Are you for real?

Yes, Smash desperately needs more female character mains, and so Min Min is far from nothing (it could have been another white dude), but it's an inarguable loss of opportunity.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I knew she would win because it's the producers fav character ever since it's announcement of the game. Also ppl when most ppl say minority representation they mean a POC the average person would think she is a whit blond girl, you can say cloud is Asian but when u look at the board they all have white skin, having a black person or more POC shows a lot of representation to the eyes of many, so maybe ppl should have said more black representation

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed it wasn't Twintelle (not that I thought she had a real chance), but I'll take Min Min.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I guess what some people where going is disappointment for a lack of black representation in Smash, which I agree with, but Min Min IS a minority based on her bio.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
That reveal trailer was uncharacteristically weak. Where Captain Falcon scarfing down the noodles would be a fun throwaway two second gag in any of the other ones, here it went on for way too long. That and the particular 3D style is a bit meh.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Twintelle is not fun to play as in ARMS. I seriously wonder if people who wanted her even played the game. After seeing how Sakurai implemented Min Min it's obvious there are many things you couldn't do with Twintelle or other fighters.

Min Min is easily the best choice (that's not Dr. Coyle).

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I totally understand being disappointed that twintelle didn't get the nod but this thread is kind of embarrassing to read

Cubo

May 14, 2018
She looks amazing in there. It's a pity Nintendo still doesn't have a black person in Smash, but honestly Min Min is a much better representative of ARMS (I mean Twintelle is the only character that doesnt use her arms iirc), and her moveset is also more fitting for Smash. It would have been cool to have both of them up there, but I don't think ARMS is deserving of that just yet, so if it was only going to be one, Min Min was the best option. Still a shame that there's no black character in the roaster, let's see when Nintendo finally fixes it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I do share your disappointment that it wasn't Twintelle. But considering that we would have gotten Ninjara if Yabuki didn't step in, I'll take it.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully her Amiibo comes out well, one of my favourite designs from the game. Maybe i should actually get Smash.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Glad we got another female fighter, but since we're still lacking in dark-skinned characters...

Elma Xenoblade when?

Elma's True Form Don't Interact

Hello.

Jan 20, 2020
This is the only place I know of that actively wants Twintelle. This is no shocker to most people.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I literally have never seen this character before. Seems like a weird choice.

Then you've literally never followed or played ARMS before...

This is the only place I know of that actively wants Twintelle. This is no shocker to most people.

People dont necessarily want Twintelle they want black characters. Perfectly understandable. Maybe don't be so mad at Smash and be more mad at Nintendo that she was the ONLY option out of all their franchises

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
I knew the pick would be her, she is the most popular character in her game.

Twintelle fans need to take the L, she was popular for a bit online but wasn't used much in the game.

There is a big split between Era/ Twitter and in-game players.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Not Twintelle?

45ylyu.jpg

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
Kinda funny people insisting that Spring Man had a chance, the way they did the reveal should had been obvious that it was not going to be him

Oct 25, 2017
Understand the disappointment that there's no main Black representation in Smash, but some y'all really showing your ass thinking Asian ain't a minority.

Producer believes all the characters in ARMS are equivalent main characters.

Yeah i've heard this before, but he was the first character revealed and he is on the boxart. It's kind of like how FF6 also technically doesn't have a main character, but everyone (include SE in promo material and crossovers) Treats Terra as the MC.