• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
So... I think this question to the core of Milo. Does some part of him actually want to go to Furfest? Or does he just want points for being turned away?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The joke's been played out for fucking eons now and it just feels like people post it in the sad attempt to get attention like a child repeating an Austin Powers quote thinking it makes them the king of comedy.

2466.jpg

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
honestly the idea of Milo trying to ghost a furry con, hanging around outside trying to look cool in the middle of winter, with a bunch of fursuiters walking around him sort of sounds hilarious and I hope the folks at the con snap a pic of his miserable face, freezing to death and being completely ignored if he actually shows up.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It is interesting that he is trying furries because ... they are very well known for having a zero tolerance to bigots so if this is his options they are getting REAL thin
The disappointing part is a couple of furries actually made him a god damn fursona a few years ago. The Facebook link in the description of the artwork is no longer valid, but he shared it and everything.

This is his fursuit, right?

dscn3075.jpg
That's Foxler, who is also a piece of shit.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Why does he make staying at a hotel sound like a threat?
He's probably hoping that a website will put up an article saying "Milo Yiannopolous Threatens Furry Convention" for free publicity.

He flat-out said on his official Telegram channel that this whole thing is giving him free exposure, and sadly, he's right. I was hoping people wouldn't spread all of this.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Aww. I'm going to miss a moment to milkshake his fascist ass in fursuit.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah now that the show is wrapped up so is the con

He could always wait for the next Dashcon.

He'll even have all the time he wants in the ball pit!

tumblr_n8n195G4BY1r7t164o1_1280.0.jpg

God, I still remember when everything went down. What a shit show. Even all these years later, still feel bad for the lower staff that weren't at fault for the upper management crap that resulted in all this.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Ignore the wet blankets. Linking to milo's twitter is harmless fun and a constant reminder that deplatforming works.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly no, Nazi Furies are a real thing.

I am not making that up.

They are but they are also the minority when it comes to furries. Obviously there are going to be bad actors within the community but largely the furry fandom is filled with a lot of diversity and tolerance.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
So... I think this question to the core of Milo. Does some part of him actually want to go to Furfest? Or does he just want points for being turned away?
From what I read he was going to attend it with Foxler's group (A bunch of Nazi Furs) so its basically all the same reasons as him being the marshall for the straight pride parade.

Oct 27, 2017

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Ew. I made the mistake of googling this thing. I didn't realize he had a cult/group as well.

Of all fandoms, the furry one is the last one I would've expected something like that.
The folks in the fandom who like him are in the minority. Most of us don't like him or people like him.

Oct 27, 2017
The folks in the fandom who like him are in the minority. Most of us don't like him or people like him.
Yeah, I get that. Didn't mean to imply that most of the fandom would even begin to go for shit like that since everything I've seen and heard and been taught shows that it's a pretty inclusive and welcoming one for the most part. Just annoying that Nazi trash seems to be everywhere these days... nobody is safe from it.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
MFF has had a literal terrorist attack, there's no way he's getting anywhere near the con. They don't fuck around with security.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
He's really doing the "I'm coming anyway" thing? Wow, what a petty little prick. That won't end well for him.

He's a case study for how effective deplatforming is.

I belive in this case it would be called a "trespassing" thing. He could book a room through the hotel, but he can't be allowed in convention areas. Which is pretty much the entire hotel complex.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i dunno why these dumbshits always seem to think that the law is like a mystical ritual you can do that gives you magic powers or some shit by using the right combination of words

I got a few sentences in before realising "ohhhhh, he doesn't know what he's even saying or asking for" lmao

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Nah we gonna keep spamming it until folks stop trying to challenge the fact that:
Lmao tf are you talking about where did that post challenge deplatforming not working? My post was clearly that the joke was shitty lol fam reread my post again you missed the mark there and my post history supports deplatforming:) a shitty joke is just a shitty joke tho carry on

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
He could always wait for the next Dashcon.

He'll even have all the time he wants in the ball pit!

tumblr_n8n195G4BY1r7t164o1_1280.0.jpg

God, I still remember when everything went down. What a shit show. Even all these years later, still feel bad for the lower staff that weren't at fault for the upper management crap that resulted in all this.

I had never heard of this event, so I looked it up. Holy shit. What a mess.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
There are two types of furries

1. Unabashedly queer folks trying to carve out a safe place in a hateful society
2. People who go "I'm babby hitwer oopsiedoodles I did a fucky-wucky to all the jews"

I'm glad MFF sided with the first, but since they're a much larger group it wasn't a very hard decision at least

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
I watched that furry documentary and some of then are pretty shitty people, making fun of that other guy with the self made suit.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I watched that furry documentary and some of then are pretty shitty people, making fun of that other guy with the self made suit.

Aww, that sounds awful. Fursuit gatekeeping can be a real thing. Popular makers can have a year long wait list, and it's not easy to do yourself if you don't have sewing experience.

What video was this btw?