• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
This is why I cringe hard everytime someone in this forum post that ohnoanyway.jpg meme. I get your intention, but please please find another meme to express that.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
Improving school food is a great aim, but the poor-bashing nonsense is par for the course for Clarkson. This kind of shit has been part of British life for decades, but the escalation in the early 2000s with the chav-bashing, benefit-scrounger bullshit has made public discourse about poverty and state support utterly poisonous, and people like Clarkson with their bully pulpits in right-wing tabloids have a huge responsibility for that.

TL;DR Clarkson can take a flying fuck at a brick wall.

Awesome Wells

Dec 3, 2017
If you were to take everything terrible about the Little Englander mindset and recreate it in human form, it would be Jeremy Clarkson.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Can we now stop posting that Oh no/Oh Well image? I want to punch my screen everytime I see it.
thank fuck I'm not the only one that feels this every time I see it
the guy has been spreading poisonous bigoted trash for years in his newspaper column and elsewhere, because he is a poisonous bigot

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
The poor-bashing is why we've gone from giving the money, to vouchers, to food parcels.

It's important to remind people why there was such an uproar:

vBQtT6r.png

This is a food parcel supplied to a family by a private company supposedly worth £30, it is to last a week of school meals. The outrage is that not only are the less well off getting scammed, the tax-payer is getting scammed - which is interesting because the likes of Clarkson and those that eat his shit would moan til the cows came home about how tax money was being used inappropriately by the less fortunate.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
The poor-bashing is why we've gone from giving the money, to vouchers, to food parcels.

This is a food parcel supplied to a family by a private company supposedly worth £30, it is to last a week of school meals. The outrage is that not only are the less well off getting scammed, the tax-payer is getting scammed - which is interesting because the likes of Clarkson and those that eat his shit would moan til the cows came home about how tax money was being used inappropriately by the less fortunate.

WTF is this? There's no way in hell that costs 30 bucks.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
WTF is this? There's no way in hell that costs 30 bucks.
Its worth about £5 which means the rest is being pocketed by the company, who surprise surprise got the contract because they are big donators to the tories.
Its all a grift, the entire Conservative government is there to make themselves or their mates richer

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some fat old and rich bastard seems to bite off more than one can chew while still spewing utter shit out of his mouth.
Incredible

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Never liked this guy. My radar was right about him, it seems. Piece of fucking work.

FuzzyWuzzy

Prophet of Truth
Apr 7, 2019
Austria
Clarkson is the definition of a gammon.
Disgusting asshole and I am honestly glad that The Grand Tour seems to have less mindshare than top gear had.

Also, love how gammons will treat his words as wise and considerate but when a black artist or athlete speaks up about something they tell them to stick to what they know

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it's the same old shit as always. The rich and temporarily embarrassed millionaires believe the poor are only poor because they choose to be, so the assumption is that they wouldn't be able to spend the money properly or would spend it on drugs or whatever.

It's a pretty stupid argument to make and, evidently, the government should just give families the money directly. You could easily get many times the value of that parcel you posted if you just went to ASDA or wherever.

In fact, if you go on the ASDA website, they actually have several collections of five recipes for five meals for £30 or less. Seems perfect for this sort of thing. For example:

• 4 red onions
  • 20g Grower's thyme
  • 200g Grower's green beans
  • 325g Grower's cherry tomatoes
  • 25g pack Grower's chives
  • 1 lemon
  • 1100g white baking potatoes
  • 160g Asda spring greens
  • 175g Asda sliced leeks
  • Grower's little gem lettuce
  • 200g Asda pineapple fingers
  • 300g Grower's British Chantenay carrots
  • 60g Asda strong wild rocket
  • 340g Extra Special sourdough baguette
  • 200g Asda feta
  • 1 pint Asda whole milk
  • 500g Asda fresh egg tagliatelle
  • 300g Butcher's British chicken breast portions
  • 400g Butcher's British reduced fat pork sausages
  • 500g Butcher's British pork lean fillet
  • 600g frozen sliced mixed peppers
  • 95g easy garlic
  • 210g Asda butter beans
  • 190g Asda reduced fat green pesto
  • 326g sweetcorn
  • 400g Smart Price chopped tomatoes
  • Asda Tasty Taco Kit
  • 250ml Asda Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
  • 1 Knorr Vegetable cube 25% less salt
  • 2 packs Baker's panini rolls

This is the ingredients for one of their recipe collections and it costs £30.50. A little bit more impressive than a loaf of bread and some fruit, no?

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
What an ass.

Hopefully enough for people to stop posting the "anyway" meme.

Oh jeez lots of c words in this thread huh.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Those school meal parcels were fraudulent profiteering on government funding for kids in poverty for a claimed value of £30 a go. The idea that 'people should be happy they got them in the first place' is some sneering gammon bullshit, the idea that parents can't be trusted to not do a decent shop for food every couple of weeks rather than blowing it on gambling and ciggies. To then call out the mother pointing out the issue is just gross.

I heard a woman on the news the other day demanding that she be given £30 to provide lunch for her child. Thirty quid? Where's she going to take him? Fortnum & Mason?'

Those parcels were meant to last 10 school days, not a single lunch, and are as much a national disgrace as you, you utter tosser.

Last edited:

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Why is he so stupid?

Different people can have different diets so it makes sense to give the money equivalent of school food to parents so they can buy something.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Clarkson continues to be a cunt, to no-one's surprise.

By choosing to give them insufficient food, you're swapping a kid potentially not getting enough (due to a voucher being exchanged for drugs?!?!) vs guaranteeing it.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Another opinion he may/may not really believe in that he has for money.

Really shouldn't share this nonsense.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017

vBQtT6r.png

I was going to make the same point. As a tax payer, Clarkson should be getting mad that a private company is obviously taking the piss and just pocketing tax payer money and that is being kind because you could argue that it is fraud. But no, his right wing mentality kicks in and resorts to class warfare.

Mirado

Jul 7, 2020
I had hoped, when my only exposure to Clarkson was Top Gear, that he was primarily playing a character on TV and that his moronic, entitled, vaguely racist/sexist/British exceptionalist persona was a bit like Gordon Ramsey's; extremely overblown for the sake of drama. I still hoped, even after learning that he decked a producer for no reason, that he just let his ego get the better of him and that he genuinely was contrite, as I couldn't reconcile the fact that a guy who made me laugh to the point of tears could be a raging asshole in real life.

He's a raging asshole.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, he has always been a prick.

I don't think you can even spend meal vouchers on lottery stuff, booze or fags so he is probably lying there but that's what gammons think anyway by default.

Jun 20, 2018
I do enjoy the shows he's been involved with, but no doubt he's not a particularly nice person. How many times has he been caught making derogatory comments to all sorts of minorities?

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Twat.

To be clear, that £30 is to cover the costs for a week. They weren't 'demanding' £30, they literally used to get £30 of vouchers which were then replaced with these packages, and the vouchers were restricted so couldn't be spent on cigarettes, alcohol, scratch-cards etc, so he's talking out of his arse as usual.

Fucking idiot.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
He's friends with the Murdochs and several people high in government (including ex PM pig fucker). As big of a bootlicker as they come. Insult the poor and vulnerable but God not the rich and powerful, those people are so marginalised.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I do enjoy the shows he's been involved with, but no doubt he's not a particularly nice person. How many times has he been caught making derogatory comments to all sorts of minorities?

Here you go.
www.theguardian.com

Jeremy Clarkson's past Top Gear controversies

The BBC presenter's big mouth has landed him in a string of rows, from accusations of racism to insulting lorry drivers. By Dugald Baird

And this is just a "Worst Of" list.
Didn't take long to look up either.

EDIT: here's a list from Top Gear

You would have a book as thick as the dictionary with the compilation of terrible things he's said.

tekomandor

Oct 27, 2017
Jeremy Clarkson has worked out how to get away with being a huge asshole in public without suffering any consequences: also play one on TV.