• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Alright, these were nice reveals, all in all.

But when we gonna see more about that new brutha with the cool mask? Or at least gimme somebody who wasn't in Revelator (outside of being a NPC), like Robo Ky.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
The game already had oki, watch the mini pro players tournament they had few months ago, Chip was doing a lot of it, including safe jumps. The "OMG how can Millia/I-No work without oki" was always an exaggeration by fans for the game being less oki dependent than Xrd.

Trailer also shows Zato doing oki, not just Millia.

However as a big May fan it definitely seems like removing her hoops and beach ball are direct nerfs to oki and setups...might be just her but i wish she still had one or the other.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, Millia's new design is just fire!

They put a short jacket over her old design?
Its actually one of the weaker redesigns so far....I still like it cuz Millias hat is just too boss.
But its not much of a new design.

latest

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, if I were to "reboot" a series, I'd sure try to get the cast that started it all, at least.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'd agree if this was just another iteration of Xrd, but it's more like the difference between, say, SF3, 4 and 5. Where it's technically a lot of the same characters but with a visual redesign and completely animated from scratch with new moves.

That said I don't expect the starting roster to be huge or have more than a couple new characters.

I'm pretty sure SF4 and SF5 were able to reveal their roster without revealing all the SF2 characters in a row. What does it matter if this is a new game? It's still an awful way to reveal their roster.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strive is actively making Xrd look bad.
That's the best way to sum it up. How did they manage to make such an upgrade to what was already the prettiest game is beyond me.

I'm glad these two are out of the way, since there was no way they wouldn't. I guess we'll have a few characters from Xrd next, at least Sin and one of the sisters, and finally a couple of new characters... I'm getting worried about characters from X and XX, though. "Obvious DLC characters that will bring tons of money" Bridget, Anji and Testament missed the entirety of Xrd, so who knows what will happen if Baiken, Johnny and I-NO are back in the DLC queue with them.

Oct 25, 2017
She's wearing a hat again. Shit.
I really wish Arc Sys would figure out a way to pull off Millia's hair attacks without having to hide the geometry in the hat. I didn't like the hat in Xrd and I dislike it even more here.

That said, Eddie is so cute! Reminds me of that floating blob in Black Desert.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised they kept the hat.

No double air dash shown

Tandem Top seems to have that dumb jump attached to it

No Pin

No Iron Savior

No Bad Moon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused about the reactions here, they both look like their old designs for the most part just with a new haircut. I expected more.

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Millia's outfit changed quite a bit, but it's mostly her face that changed a lot imo.
Zato is basically the same.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Zato went a bit on the opposite direction of most of the cast and instead of streamlining his design (admitedly very hard task) got a few more details on his onesie, which I think was a solid color in XRD. Now it has two shades of black and looks like he's wearing a loincloth like Sol, which I'm not a fan of.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a Guilty Gear player, but I think I like the Xrd's color palette more. After examine the gif more closely, it's pretty clear that Strive has a lot more detail though!

As a huge GG fan, I hate Xrd's colour palette lol. The old games outside of Isuka were very dull in colour palette, and it helped with the sort of grungy/metal aesthetic the games had.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People complaining about them showing the new takes on the original cast like we are seeing more of the same when most of them have gotten big gameplay overhauls is hilarious to me.

The trailers are short sure but actually try and pay attention to what is going on in them.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I'm not a Guilty Gear player, but I think I like the Xrd's color palette more. After examine the gif more closely, it's pretty clear that Strive has a lot more detail though!
I do too. I got into the franchise with Xrd and I'm not a fan of the more washed-out colors of Strive.

Also the roster has been rather boring so far.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Eddie's redesign and new animations/moves are wonderful. If I-NO doesn't end up in the game I may end up playing Zato.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely be playing Millia if Baiken isn't in base roster. I mained her up through GGX where I then started playing a lot more Jam in GGXX before some point Baiken really clicked for me somewhere along the way and she became my main and I played Millia and Jam as subs.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
So far, every reveal has been characters from GGX, right ?
I wonder if they will continue to X -> XX -> Xrd as they reveal the next characters.

Oct 26, 2017
I like how they've made Zato more creepy/otherworldly with the music and Eddie's new design.

And that smile at the end before Eddie pops up. Don't have a gif for that though.