• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, Emo played a big part in my adolescence. I still go to emo nights at bars because it's fun as shit even if i've grown up past the winny parts of it. But it is a genre which really captures that age when emotions start hitting.

But anyways my favorite has to be "At Your Funeral" by Saves the Day.

youtu.be

Saves the Day "At Your Funeral" - Official Music Video

We loved writing and directing this one. We had to bleep the word "high" for the broadcast version, and this is the original without the audio edit. We were ...

Hoping this thread will give me a nostalgia binge

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Still the best (emo band) by far.

In case the video doesn't work, we're talking "Seven" by Sunny Day Real Estate from the album 'Diary'

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
I was never into MCR as a whole (just kinda missed the boat on them) but "Welcome to the Black Parade" is so good that I'd pay like 40 bucks to hear them play that song live and then be kicked out of the concert lol.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
A lot of good picks already but I think I gotta go with one of the OGs:

For Want Of by Rites of Spring

youtu.be

Rites Of Spring - For Want Of

Rites Of Spring (1987) (remastered)

edit:damn now i'm thinking about emo and i gotta sling out a couple more favorites

In Love With an Apparition
by Pageninetynine

youtu.be

In love with an apparition

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesIn love with an apparition · PageninetynineDocument #8℗ 2005 Robotic EmpireReleased on: 2005-11-07Auto-generate...

Cadence by Touché Amoré

youtu.be

Cadence

Provided to YouTube by CDBabyCadence · Touché Amoré... To the Beat of a Dead Horse℗ 2009 Touché AmoréReleased on: 2009-08-04Auto-generated by YouTube.

So I Shotgunned a Beer and Went to Bed by Snowing

youtu.be

Snowing - so i shotgunned a beer and went back to bed - 1080p

From the lp: i could do whatever i wanted if i wantedI do not own this song.http://snowingtheband.com/

Last edited:

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Says the video, embeds the video, links the video. Three cheers for OP 👏

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Here's one I always thought was a banger from a band that never broke out despite being a really solid album

www.youtube.com

Leaving Chicago

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupLeaving Chicago · KnockoutSearching For Solid Ground℗ 2002 Fearless Records, a division of Concord Music Group, I...

OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dashboard confessional just came on. fuck I remember having a crush on a girl in 2006 on a trip to Australia/New Zealand thinking this was the deepest song ever (screaming infidelities)

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
If we really bend the rules of what makes something Emo, I'd say Death of Love by Cradle of Filth is my go-to song. it's how it was presented to me the first time I heard it ("you gotta check out this weird emo metal band I found") and that lable's just stuck with me ever since…

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to pick a favorite, especially because I know my answer will change every time, but for now I'll pick:
The Get Up Kids - I'll Catch You

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I wasn't big into emo, but I did really like Simple Plan.

I'm Just a Kid always got me in my young feels.
www.youtube.com

Simple Plan - I'm Just A Kid (Official Video) [HD]

The official video remastered in HD for Simple Plan's "I'm Just A Kid" We’re celebrating the 20th anniversary of “No Pads, No Helmets…Just Balls”! Stream ‘No...

And when I was particularly mad at my parents over dumb shit that really wasn't a big deal in hindsight, I'd listen to Perfect.
www.youtube.com

Simple Plan - Perfect lyrics

I was bored and needed a new video so I did this. The song is owned by Simple Plan, not me.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I miss going to shows for bands like these when I was in high school and early 20s, screaming along with everyone in the crowd. I'm an old man, I can't even go to standing room GA shows anymore regardless of genre lol

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
literally the only song i know from this band, i was obsessed with it for some reason

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Some great answers in here I have already considered myself (Hotelier, Jarbreaker, Tigers Jaw). Even though they have a lot of representation in the thread mine might be a Get Up Kids song too.

Speaking of them, I felt like I was one of the only people in the world who liked their album "There Are Rules." I legit thought it was one of their best releases. I only just last night realized they'd released another album recently called Problems, and man... I fucking hate it so much. Don't know what general opinion was on these late releases but I was really disappointed how safe and average Problems sounded.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I miss going to shows for bands like these when I was in high school and early 20s, screaming along with everyone in the crowd. I'm an old man, I can't even go to standing room GA shows anymore regardless of genre lol
Man this hits right in the feels. My wife and I just went to see Andrew McMahon (Jack's Mannequin, Something Corporate, solo) this weekend and it was a Standing Room Only GA show. We got there early so that we could get a prime spot.... against a wall in the back lol.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
youtu.be

The D In Detroit

Provided to YouTube by BMG Rights Management (UK) LimitedThe D In Detroit · The AnniversaryDesigning a Nervous Breakdown℗ 2000 BMG Rights Management (US) LLC...

Take nearly any song off the album really. It also pairs superbly with 2008's Prince of Persia game.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of borderline emo, but Radio by Alkaline Trio is a good one: