• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Milla your husband killed Wesker by dropping a door on his foot.

He also rebooted the series with every single sequel and threw monsters that made no sense in just because he found out RE5 existed.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah she's just saying there are dedicated fans out there that they need to navigate carefully, and I'm sure that there's a little bit of angst on her end as it ended up being her series and I imagine its not easy to see it starting over with new people.

Those movies made a good deal of money and that doesn't happen without fans. Personally, my wife and I saw all of them and they were totally a guilty pleasure. My wife can't do horror movies, but she can do Resident Evil and those films were a fun way for us to enjoy something close enough to horror that we kept going to all of them.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Your husband is a fucking sociopath so sit down, shut the fuck up and be happy he even got to make this many despite risking people's safety and lives, all just to give your no talent having ass a job.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My interest in this reboot just went up and right now I just fear what these two have planned for the Monster Hunter movie.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Here's hoping they don't try to make it like the games. At least the films were silly fun. Trying to turn the games into a 1:1 movie will fail miserably.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping they don't try to make it like the games. At least the films were silly fun. Trying to turn the games into a 1:1 movie will fail miserably.
I don't need a 1:1 but I'd like them to at least try. The last movie was a mess. I don't have a problem with plots being ridiculous but I need some degree of consistency. The world got Mad Max'd in the 3rd movie with oceans drying up but the oceans are fine in every subsequent film.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I can understand being disappointed a franchise is continuing without her. But she should probably understand, too, that the RE movie series is very different from the games, from movie fucking one. So a reboot that includes recasting actors isn't all that unusual.

It'd be nice if she got a cameo or something though, but given her reaction I'm not sure she'd want to. At least she has MonHun?

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh she really is the modern day acting version of Uwe Bill, with her husband being the next best thing. Those movies were as close to the source material as one ply paper is to the best loo roll ever.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I don't need a 1:1 but I'd like them to at least try. The last movie was a mess. I don't have a problem with plots being ridiculous but I need some degree of consistency. The world got Mad Max'd in the 3rd movie with oceans drying up but the oceans are fine in every subsequent film.
Personally, I'd prefer if they didn't use any characters from the games, and try to do their own story, only borrowing some elements of the plot.

Next thing they should decide on is if they want to do an action/horror series. I'm fine either way, but please pick a lane.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I'd prefer if they didn't use any characters from the games, and try to do their own story, only borrowing some elements of the plot.

Next thing they should decide on is if they want to do an action/horror series. I'm fine either way, but please pick a lane.
That's effectively what the first movie did and it was fine. The more Anderson took from the games the weirder things got

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
This is rich. The Resident Evil movies are so far removed from the actual game storyline

Here's hoping the reboot follow the plot of the video games

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After they butchered the original movies and spat on the iconic cast of game characters they had at their disposal by featuring her and her corny superpowers, she needs to back off.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
How will they ever find another group of individuals with the kind of passion and talent needed to create the C-list schlock that was the original RE movie series?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Fuck her.

Maybe the reboot will be good now.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i don't think i could ever be mad at milla. yeah most RE movies were trash but i'll always have a soft spot for the first two.
the series definitely deserves a reboot though that's closer to the video game series.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
The first one was ok.
The second one was fantastic until they ruined it at the end.
The other films are more more Devil may cry than resident evil.

Hoping for a horror type movie for the reboot.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the problem. If I was in a movie franchise, I might be protective of it in case of a reboot too. It's not like RE is sacrosanct but I'd still want people to at least have passion for it, as she certainly seems to, movie quality or lack thereof notwithstanding.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Her husband can no longer use the franchise to funnel funds into their finances so I guess she mad.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
The first 2-3 movies were iconic. I look at the 2nd one quite often tbh. I dont know why she's mad tho she has MH now.