• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Ran out of milk once when I was a kid but I was really wanting cereal so I tried water.

That didn't work out.

Also I was either half asleep or full on sleep walking as an adult and I came to full conciousness after I took a bite of strawberry mini wheats but somehow has poured ranch dressing in instead of milk...

That also did not work out.

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
This is now a cereal crimes thread.

Looking at you ice gang, defend yourselves!

k%2Farchive%2Fcd68c8dcc4a6fd40da73b8fca8ca27f95e718176

While I can't defend it *in cereal*, ice-cold milk is fucking delicious, so I get it.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Op doesn't even make an argument for its advantages, because of course, there aren't any

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I was a kid I would sometimes take one of the milk bags and empty about half of the milk out. Then I would take my cereal and pour it into the half empty milk bag and then eat it like that. My parents would get pissed at me for doing it. But I thought it tasted good.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Cereal > milk > let it get soggy (depending on the cereal) > eat > drink the cereal-infused milk > bliss

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
i just did this the other day...but only because i had very little milk left and didn't want to pour too much cereal for the amount of milk....

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Milk first actually does make sense depending on cereal and eating preference, and bowl.

basically, it's all about preserving the crunch for as long as possible. Pouring milk all on top of cereal makes it wet unnecessarily.

every second counts when it comes to cereal getting soggy. Literally 10 seconds can change the quality of a good cereal bowl.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Milk before cereal is stupid.

Cereal first --> Milk until cereal rises a bit --> enjoy.

The ONLY approved version of milk first is after you have finished your first round and you still have milk left and poor more cereal in.

Anything else is criminal.

Nov 5, 2017
My cousin's husband puts ice in a glass of milk. I always thought that was wild since strategically placed milk in a cold refrigerator does the job as well.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
A little cereal > milk > a little cereal > repeat last step until satisfied

Eternal crunch achieved.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Most cereals taste even better with milk than without. Cap'n Crunch, Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch & Rice Krispies Treats are great examples.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Just wanted to say, I'm eating a bowl of cereal right now and I always put the milk in first. The cereal stays all crunchy and nice as you pour as much as you want into the milk. Then you can just add more cereal as needed and never get that soggy gross stage.

I'm a slow eater and kinda high right now, so that may be why I like it so much. Better than cereal then milk.

You need the cereal in the bowl first so you can tell how much milk you need. This is known.

Noooo! You need to put the milk in first to know how much cereal you need!

When you do milk first, you don't run into the issue of having too much milk left over, or too much cereal left over. You get the perfect balance!

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Just wanted to say, I'm eating a bowl of cereal right now and I always put the milk in first. The cereal stays all crunchy and nice as you pour as much as you want into the milk. Then you can just add more cereal as needed and never get that soggy gross stage.

I'm a slow eater and kinda high right now, so that may be why I like it so much. Better than cereal then milk.

Noooo! You need to put the milk in first to know how much cereal you need!

When you do milk first, you don't run into the issue of having too much milk left over, or too much cereal left over. You get the perfect balance!
yYoKj74.gif

woolyninja

Oct 27, 2017
If its Kelloggs cereals = cereal first, milk after as the milk doesn't make the cereal rise spilling over the top of the bowl

All other lesser brands = milk first, then cereal which sadly floats on top of the milk which forces you to eat less delicious cereal

A better way! I've recently been hooked on Mooala Banana Milk which doesn't seem to make cereals float as bad as regular milk so now cinnamon Cheerios is back in my life!