• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
It looks like it's all over. Coup plotters are apparently hiding now in Brazillian and Chilean embassies.

Machado

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 26, 2017
Digital surveillance is full on now.

People from v.e.n.e.z.u.e.l.a. please beware of what you post.

Apr 9, 2019
CLT
Chavez project? what project?

The project was, take power and never let it go...simple as that

Maduro is doing exactly the same that chaevz...hi just run out of money because of Chavez government leave nothing

It seems like you're pretty upset and excited about this entire situation, and you're a citizen I take it?

Again I'm not saying that the Chavez and Maduro administrations aren't/ weren't flawed. They are incredibly flawed. But c'mon, it isn't that simple either. I'd also say you seem a little anxious to support these right-wingers whom I promise will not have your best interests at heart either. US-backed coups just means tapping your resources and instituting widespread austerity. This is a tale as old as time and I promise John Bolton and his cronies don't care about your people.

Just because the current government is corrupt doesn't mean it couldn't get worse, nor that the alternative is necessarily better.

Also, I've seen you say that the elections have been stolen. Didn't the opposition remove themselves from the ballot this last election as a protest and then claim the election was illegitimate? Doesn't that seem a little tricky to you?

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
It looks like it's all over. Coup plotters are apparently hiding now in Brazillian and Chilean embassies.
It was over since the beginning, a fucking military coup doesnt happen with a bunch of low level soldiers. No high level soldiers = no tanks etc. It was a desperate attempt from Guaidó to be relevant again. Now he is nothing and the USA will ignore him and look for somebody else to be their foreign leader.

Despite all the expectation that the Venezuelan military would start shooting everybody, a bloodbath (thanks Western media), the police was sent to deal with the 'uprising', because this the government know that if they will start spilling blood (even if rightfully so), then there will be international pressure against them. I am glad they are not falling for this - not because I think it is a good government but because I dont need a civil war in my continent, thanks.

Obviously there are thousands/millions of Venezuelans that are against Chavismo and there are now going on the streets, but that won't be enough to change the government.

Deleted member 10224

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This Guaidó dude doesn't seem very smart. He has the balls but lacks patience and intelligence/strategy to get this thing done. I remember reading somewhere about how he talked to Pence and promised/lied to him that he has the broad support of the military and that all that he needs is the recognition from the US and EU to get the ball rolling. Now he parades a couple dozen military dudes and expects a coup to just magically happen. He's putting a lot of people's family's in danger. There's no way If I'm in Venezuela and I'm in the military that I would ever follow this dude.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those clowns don't even know how to force an American military intervention. Guess the charade is over, probably US will take the oil by force and stop the mind games.

Oct 30, 2017
Also, I've seen you say that the elections have been stolen. Didn't the opposition remove themselves from the ballot this last election as a protest and then claim the election was illegitimate? Doesn't that seem a little tricky to you?
They withdrew from the elections because all the opposition leaders were arrested or barred from running

So very tricky

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maduro, Bolton, Trump, Bolsonaro... what a bunch of fucking clowns : /

Glad this didnt escalate out of control.

necrosis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes they are and they are all detailed in various law blogs including the Stanford one I replied to you earlier.

Edit: wasn't you, was someone with similar opinion.

Link here: https://law.stanford.edu/2019/02/01/guaido-not-maduro-is-the-de-jure-president-of-venezuela/

their argument is predicated on the idea that maduro arguably betraying the intent of article 347 means that he acted in violation of it. i would argue that this is not the case; nothing maduro did violated the letter of the law as it is written

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't, they tried to depose a violent dictator who ran his country into the ground. Your speculation borders on conspiracy.

They tried a coup with a few dozen military soldiers, without the full support of the military, hoping people will jump into it, just to flee to embassies. It's a haphazard attempt to depose a government to say at least. The second one too.
They know only a full military intervention will get them to power in the short term, they don't mind throwing people to their deaths while they hide.

If you want to glorify this, you can do it yourself,but don't change the facts.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Can't it be both that Maduro is bad and US-backed coups are bad? It doesn't have to be so two-dimensional.
The mistake is blaming this entire thing on the US. The Russians have already intervened to help Maduro but apparently no one cares. At the end of the day it's the Venezuelans that will continue to suffer since Maduro will not allow aid to come in from people trying to overthrow him and no opposition will be able to oppose him since the military is what's keeping him in power. For people that don't want the US to be involved I don't know what they expect Venezuelans to do who are starving and whose currency is basically worthless.

Oct 27, 2017
At the old place there was a thread about a Venezuelan guy trying to escape the country by any means. If I remember correctly he tried avenue after avenue and kept being thwarted. It was an interesting but heartwrenching read and I logged on every day looking for updates.

Does anyone know what happened to him? I hope he made it out safely and has started a new life elsewhere.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They tried a coup with a few dozen military soldiers, without the full support of the military, hoping people will jump into it, just to flee to embassies. It's a haphazard attempt to depose a government to say at least. The second one too.
They know only a full military intervention will get them to power in the short term, they don't mind throwing people to their deaths while they hide.

The US has nothing to do with this. Stop deflecting this from the Russia backed dictator.

Sayre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At the old place there was a thread about a Venezuelan guy trying to escape the country by any means. If I remember correctly he tried avenue after avenue and kept being thwarted. It was an interesting but heartwrenching read and I logged on every day looking for updates.

Does anyone know what happened to him? I hope he made it out safely and has started a new life elsewhere.
He's still there and he's posting in this very thread.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
This Guaidó dude doesn't seem very smart. He has the balls but lacks patience and intelligence/strategy to get this thing done. I remember reading somewhere about how he talked to Pence and promised/lied to him that he has the broad support of the military and that all that he needs is the recognition from the US and EU to get the ball rolling. Now he parades a couple dozen military dudes and expects a coup to just magically happen. He's putting a lot of people's family's in danger. There's no way If I'm in Venezuela and I'm in the military that I would ever follow this dude.

Are we sure it's over ? I would be surprised if Guaido did this move without some kind of coordination - or at least heads up - with the US. That's highly unlikely imo.

I remember reading that its self proclamation annoucement was made in coordination with Washington, and the quick reaction from the Trump administration in recognizing Guaido as the legitimare leader proves it.

I heard as well several options were at study in the US including a VERY controversial mercenary force to topple Maduro. I really don't see that happening. This would be like the contras 2.0 very bad idea that could backfire big time ( Bay of Pigs anyone... ).

Again, let see what happens, the situation still appears so volatile. But it seems to me there are 2 common mistakes have been made.

1) On which side is the Army ? You are right maybe Guaido overestimated his support within the Army.

2) Russia : do not underestimate Russia's play here. We've already seen how Russia turned the tides in Syria where Assad was pretty much done. They are supporting Maduro big time ( China as well ).

I'm just disappointed in Europe, we've blindly followed the US aggressive approach that killed any chsnce for a peaceful transition. I wish Europe would have tried to distance themselves from the US in order to appear as a reliable brocker. That ultimatum thst was given to Maduro for new elections was a bad idea.

Again as I said earlier in a post, the situation in Venezuela is VERY complex. I have no idea how this will end. But let's hope there won't be any bloodshed. Those images with tanks going into the crowds were very scary.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maduro is running over protesters in the streets and people still want to make this about how evil Murica is somehow?
Maduro is a horrible person and American imperialism is wrong. No one in here who is critical of America is denying the first premise, so your argument is really just a strawman against some imagined tankie takeover of the thread that only serves to distract from the material plight of the Venezuelan people.

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017

Machado has posted in this thread a bunch already. He is

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
The mistake is blaming this entire thing on the US. The Russians have already intervened to help Maduro but apparently no one cares. At the end of the day it's the Venezuelans that will continue to suffer since Maduro will not allow aid to come in from people trying to overthrow him and no opposition will be able to oppose him since the military is what's keeping him in power. For people that don't want the US to be involved I don't know what they expect Venezuelans to do who are starving and whose currency is basically worthless.

It honestly seems like many don't even want the Venezuelan people to rise up against Maduro with all the bitching in this thread about American Imperialism when there is no evidence that America was involved in this particular incident.

I just find it delusional as they 'say' they oppose Maduro, but oppose any realistic measure to get him out of power. The only thing that I have consistently heard that they support is some sort of 'dialogue.' Of course, there is no way in hell that that will ever result in Maduro changing his ways or getting ousted.

I am going to simply start treating them as Maduro supporters going forward, as that is what they essentially are because they seem fine with keeping the status quo. A bit odd that that sentiment is coming from the far-left. And yes, I know I am generalizing.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
User banned (1 day): Throwing insults at another user.

Fuck you you piece of shit a fucking dictatorship isn't fucking easy peasy to overthrow, every person protesting, every person who stands with the opposition is basically slinging a target on their head, sticking their fucking head out to try and change the course of their country and their lives and all you can do is refer to them as either murderers (when Maduro and his government are the fucking oppressors stepping on the their necks) or as right wing puppets who need a fucking lesson in who to support.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That John Bolton tweet says you're wrong.
Of course the US is behind Guaido ( as Russia is behind Maduro ) it's well documented and the US Administration doesn't even hide it. Come on now...

They accepted him as acting president, yes, as did a dozen other nations. That doesn't mean they're backing any coup. Guaido also isn't a violent dictator.

This is all on Maduro (and Chavez), and his Russian backers.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know where you are getting the idea that there's going to be a massive invasion of US troops into Venezuela.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It honestly seems like many don't even want the Venezuelan people to rise up against Maduro with all the bitching in this thread about American Imperialism when there is no evidence that America was involved in this particular incident.

I just find it delusional as they 'say' they oppose Maduro, but oppose any realistic measure to get him out of power. The only thing that I have consistently heard that they support is some sort of 'dialogue.' Of course, there is no way in hell that that will ever result in Maduro changing his ways or getting ousted.

I am going to simply start treating them as Maduro supporters going forward, as that is what they essentially are because they seem fine with keeping the status quo. A bit odd that that sentiment is coming from the far-left. And yes, I know I am generalizing.
It's a convenient way to support the status quo because the other side is knee deep in this but a whiff of US involvement is deemed unacceptable.

Some people wanted a multi polar world back during Bush Jr's illegal invasions. This is what it looks like. I imagine they imagined the EU would be the other pole but that did not pan out.

NoUse4AName

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
US-backed coups just means tapping your resources and instituting widespread austerity. This is a tale as old as time and I promise John Bolton and his cronies don't care about your people

widespread austerity?...have you going to a supermarket in Venezuela in the last 3 years? My friend, we have been starving for years and you know...is not USA fault....tapping our resources and instituting widespread austerity ? "The lefties" from China and Russia are sucking our blood already LOL

I'd also say you seem a little anxious to support these right-wingers

It Seems?....look if I can drop the bombs with mine on hands over the Maduros government bunkers at this momentthat will make me the happiest man in the world and the envy of 28 millions of Venezuelan citizens.

Not only Stolen/Rigged....the whole call to elections is totally invalid because it was called by an Illegally established institution.

Is not tricky....is how dictators works.

So now tell me who you think we should let " tapping our resources and instituting widespread austerity" the right-wingers or the Left-wingers ....?

because the Lefties has been drying and sucking every last drop of blood until the just leave a country where people starve and die for the last 16 years.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
After the US has stolen all the oil (TM), do you think they'll share it with Canada, France, Spain, Peru, etc? I want to know what's gonna be our take.