• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
So Miles Morales is gold now and is launching in just a month from now.
And yet, I honestly feel like I don't anything about what the game will actually be ? By now, Spider-Man PS4 had multiple trailer showing characters, villains and story threads. I admit that we knew probably a bit too much about Spidey tho, some things should have stayed secret like the Sinister Six.
But even without all the spoilery stuff, by now we saw stuff with May, Li, MJ, Miles, Osborn, Silver Sable. We knew about Peter's situation, how he's dealing with being Spidey, we saw suits, gameplay, tons of stuff.

Miles Morales, however ?
We saw Ganke, saw his mom being a politician and two new factions and.. that's about it.
Where's Peter ? What happened between SM1 and MM ? Will there be new characters introduced ? Will we see Gwen ? Like come on, Insomniac, I'm hyped but I'm also waiting to see a bit more before launch !

I understand they most likely want to avoid the blow-out they did with SMPS4 and while I agree, I'm kind of frustrated by the lack of informations

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
It's a smaller game that will tie Spiderman and Spiderman 2 together. There's not a ton to be said.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I have seen all that I need to see of everything but Destruction All-Stars. Which will probably have a big blowout soon.

Definitely don't wanna see any more of Miles. I want it all fresh on day 1.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel like we need to know much about it. We know how it plays already.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I am super glad about not knowing goddamn everything about a game prior to launch for once. I probably won't play this one immediately, but I am excited for when I do get around to it in the spring.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Honestly I'm just expecting a bunch of content recycled from Spider-Man 1, so I don't know what else there is to show other than more story stuff.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...eh????

It's like Spider-Man... except with Miles... and he has electric and invisibility powers.

There's a gang war and Miles get's caught in the middle.

I need to know NOTHING else.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
They've shown a good amount of gameplay. They've shown a walk and talk section. We know the game takes place after the original. We know the pedigree of the people making it.

I feel like all your questions at the end of the post are things playing the game might tell you and that's the entire appeal of a sequel!

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
There's lots of things not shown for lots of games but they are sorta releasing information. I wouldn't worry

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point if they talk about it, they would basically have given you the whole plot of the game

Sep 19, 2020
Yeah, I mean... we don't need to know exactly every single detail of every single game before they're released. It's a Miles expansion/pseudosequel to the Insomniac Spider-Man game. At the very worst it's gonna be kinda eh like the first game's DLC. At best, it's as good as the previous game in which case hell yeah sign me up.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Well what's wrong exactly with not knowing a bunch of the story? The gameplay will be the same as spider-man with enhancements and some tweaks for miles and the reason they showed so much of spider-man before launch was because it was a big name game that was an unknown to a lot in terms of quality, the problem spider-man games had for years before were the piss poor quality Activision made, so Sony needed to prove it wasn't the case with the new one for the more casual audience who don't follow publishers news etc.

I really don't understand why knowing the story or characters matter to you before launch, if you know the gameplay which we have seen and played in the past then I don't see the issue in them keeping it close to their chests, especially with all the shit people have spread about this game already the last few months, I don't blame them for not wanting to deal with more bullshit drama.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a Spider-Man game from Insomniac.

I'm glad they're not spoiling villains and the story, but we'll probably get a launch trailer that does that lol.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Hoping the shorter playtime means the missions and whatever side missions are there are extra good a la Lost Legacy

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Miles Morales is gold now and is launching in just a month from now.
And yet, I honestly feel like I don't anything about what the game will actually be ? By now, Spider-Man PS4 had multiple trailer showing characters, villains and story threads. I admit that we knew probably a bit too much about Spidey tho, some things should have stayed secret like the Sinister Six.
But even without all the spoilery stuff, by now we saw stuff with May, Li, MJ, Miles, Osborn, Silver Sable. We knew about Peter's situation, how he's dealing with being Spidey, we saw suits, gameplay, tons of stuff.

Miles Morales, however ?
We saw Ganke, saw his mom being a politician and two new factions and.. that's about it.
Where's Peter ? What happened between SM1 and MM ? Will there be new characters introduced ? Will we see Gwen ? Like come on, Insomniac, I'm hyped but I'm also waiting to see a bit more before launch !

I understand they most likely want to avoid the blow-out they did with SMPS4 and while I agree, I'm kind of frustrated by the lack of informations
It's more Spider-Man, but with Miles. What else do you wanna know? Story-wise they don't want to spoil much. Gameplay-wise, you know what to expect. We know enough.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I mean we do know quite alot about it I dont get it there noting more to know unless you want story spoilers.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
We saw gameplay.
We saw the main villain.
We saw the story setting. (Mile's mom being in politics and the energy 'war')

I think we've seen enough.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Man...is it just me is anyone else excited about that? I mean we saw some stuff but that's about it.

With these new consoles dropping, not much info known about some of the features and games, them dropping near Christmas, it feels like being a kid again lol. I'm actually super excited for these launches. After us having a shitty 2020 the fact we're excited and in the dark about certain games feels great.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What happens when you announce stuff close to release, Spidey PS4 had what 2 years of showings, Miles had 6 months.

As for your wonders, game will probably answer where Peter is, it will probably lead to Spidey 2 if I was to guess.
What happens between the games, there's a comic which takes place post Spidey-PS4, Peter went into the Spidey-Verse, Miles presumably trained, also the City That Never Sleeps takes place inbettween, I think it's just a year that's pasted.
Will there be new characters? Yes.
Why would they reveal Gwen in a trailer at this point? Just leave it for the game if she's in, say nothing if she's not, because it's irrelevant.