• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, my PS5 was working swell... then I started playing Miles. During Miles, I got my first shutdown, I've encountered a glitch where it kept me in the first suit regardless of which I switched to, and now I'm having an (evidently common) issue where my webshooters are just gone.

The game is very fun, so the amount of issues I've had with it that my PS5 simply didn't have before... it bothers me.

Anyone having similar issues (or know how to fix the webshooter glitch?)

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Weird haven't run into these issues. If a reboot of the game/console doesn't fix it, try reinstalling the game?

Spudstercool

Jul 14, 2019
When I used the cards/activities to resume the game, or continue from the main game I noticed some glitchiness.

The game entered the Christmas Dinner scene near the start of the game, but Miles was in his Spidey suit instead of his regular clothes, there was then some weird animation issues.

I've since avoided using the activities/cards.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Using the activities card from the home screen introduces a lot of bugs, like not being able to switch suits or defaulting to fidelity mode even if you have performance chosen, you have to quit to main menu then reload your save to clear those bugs.

I only use the cards once I have the game up and running.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I had a lot of issues with this game specifically when I first started playing, but I put in a solid 4-5 hours today without any issues at all. Someone in the OT suggested I flip it to performance mode to help, but I stubbornly stuck with fidelity mode.

It's a weird game.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I actually just had my first game crash but I'm almost done with the game and everything before that was flawless.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I used the cards/activities to resume the game, or continue from the main game I noticed some glitchiness.

The game entered the Christmas Dinner scene near the start of the game, but Miles was in his Spidey suit instead of his regular clothes, there was then some weird animation issues.

I've since avoided using the activities/cards.

I'd been using the Continue, but this sort of happened mid-game. I was doing a sidequest, and I couldn't use my webshooters to distract enemies. I thought maybe the game just didn't tell me I couldn't use webshooters, so I tried to abandon the mission and see. When I did that, I could use webshooters and gadgets again, so I tried to reload the game back to the mission. And that didn't work, so I figured I had to just restart the mission from the beginning. Only, I check the wheel and webshooters are completely gone.

Oh, and of course, when I reloaded I was in the beginning costume. But the game said I was in the main story suit... so I had to switch it off and on to get back the story suit... and webshooters still gone.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
I've had an issue with Fidelity mode. After I beat the game in performance mode I was curious how fidelity mode looked. It just stutters like every 3-4 seconds while I'm swinging around. Very annoying and glad I didn't bother with that mode.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I had two console crashes, multiple moments where I got stuck and had to kill/reboot the game to get around like getting stuck in place after examining something, the side objectives for missions bugged out and didn't show up for over half of the game. Fun experience all around.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, my PS5 was working swell... then I started playing Miles. During Miles, I got my first shutdown, I've encountered a glitch where it kept me in the first suit regardless of which I switched to, and now I'm having an (evidently common) issue where my webshooters are just gone.

The game is very fun, so the amount of issues I've had with it that my PS5 simply didn't have before... it bothers me.

Anyone having similar issues (or know how to fix the webshooter glitch?)

No, sorry I haven't encountered any of that. What's funny is that Dirt 5 crashes for me way more than it should so Miles is the game that I swap to when it happened because of how solid it's been for me so far. I've never used cards with Miles though so that may be why I haven't run into any bugs.

Edit: Actually I just remembered one. I once had to take pics of dudes and send them back to my homie to run a check on them but the pics would never get sent. I thought I was doing something wrong so I looked up a video guide and sure enough it was just the game bugging out. I was also wrong about never using cards because that was the one time that I tried it with Miles. So I guess don't use cards for now until it gets patched.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I had three issues in the time I spent platinuming the game.

The first was
Miles got the upgrade from Ganke and he swings out and goes to help Uncle Aaron, except he swung out in his regular clothes and spoke to Aaron as Miles

The second was an inverse of the first where
the cutscene where you go talk with Phin and get the time capsule, I was stuck in a Spider-Man suit and it caused the game to be stuck on an infinite black screen after the cutscene was gone. Took a few restarts of the console for it to register that it should be regular clothed Miles

The third was Miles's audio went away completely when I started a side mission. The quest giver would speak, then silence, then speak again and Ganke was having conversations with himself as well. Needed a reboot to sort that out too.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
The game is buggy on PS5. I've had a crash which hardcrashed the entire PS5. I've had frame skips after extended sessions and I've had floating cars appearing near the ceiling of underground enemy bases. It'll all get patched in time.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a lot of issues with this game specifically when I first started playing, but I put in a solid 4-5 hours today without any issues at all. Someone in the OT suggested I flip it to performance mode to help, but I stubbornly stuck with fidelity mode.

It's a weird game.

yep this is my experience as well.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
No crashes on my end, but I did encounter a glitch where during the last stealth holo challenge where the entire challenge area of the map just disappeared and left Miles just falling into nothingness. A quick restart from my last checkpoint fixed it, but it was still weird. I did notice the game stutter at one point very early on (during the introduction to holo challenges, incidentally) but it was quick, and I haven't been able to replicate it nor has it happened again.

Game's definitely got some shit to work out, though. That said, I played exclusively in performance mode. I dunno if that helped things.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Game crashed 5 times while doing the Roxxon hideouts (one time back to back).

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
The game just seems buggy. I had a game breaking bug that I had to load an earlier checkpoint to get past and it's the only gave that's crashed (twice now) on my PS5.

Oct 27, 2017
One time I was in photo mode, but had to get up and leave for a minute (8 month old). It was less than 10 minutes probably before I came back and my game was frozen. I had to hard shutdown my system it was so locked up. But that was the only bug in my 15 hours or so. Launch game and all...

Edit: Performance mode 99.9% of the time.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Not a single issue, running in fidelity mode and it's gorgeous. Played over 2 days.
I haven't used any activity cards if that is a problem
edit: also it's the disc version

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
I've clipped into buildings and gotten stuck twice, I've had subtitles get stuck on the screen and not go away until I fast traveled, I've had three cases where I try to start a FNSM app task and when I approached the character to start it the screen locked and they wouldn't initialize, and had a time when I was trying to start a water pump, I did a stealth takedown of everyone only for the ganke call to not trigger which locked me. I had to restart checkpoints for everything except the subtitles one. Aside from that I've had just graphical glitches like cars disappearing.

Running in Fidelity mode on a disc based copy of the game. I'm really surprised at how glitchy the game has been. I feel like I didn't have any issues on my ps4 pro in the original, which I played for a lot longer length of total time

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Crashed five times for me. Twice as miles inside his house, and the other three were just randomly doing anything as spider-man. I had to reinstall after those final three. I would load my save and move a foot or two and then it would hard lock the system. Reinstall of Miles seemed to fix it.
Edit: disc version & Performance mode.

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
This is the buggiest game I've played in recent memory. So much in fact I put off playing it until it was patched more. Ive had hard crashes and instances where missions won't load or cutscenes wouldn't play. I haven't had an isssue since the latest patch though.

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
Only one bug I experienced in my play-through with no crashes. I had the bug where miles disappears, but opening up the menu and closing it brought him back.

Oct 27, 2017
Only issue was Spider-Man suit staying on when it's clear it's supposed to be Miles having lunch with a character, so it was weird having characters call Miles by his name while in full costume. An extension of this glitch was I couldn't change the suits.
The solution for this was to quit to the game menu and reload my save from there and everything was back to normal. No crashes fortunately.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thankfully had no issues until the very end, I fell out of a building lol

Also while the credits were playing, my PS5 turned off right before the mid-credits scene. Was worried as fuck after that, but I've had no issues since then for that or any other game.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've had a couple issues, but none game breakings. One where Miles didn't have audio during cutscenes (others would talk, but no miles dialogue), and then one where scanning would not tag or reveal enemies. All fixed with restarting the game.
It definitely has some weird bugs in this one.

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Disc version and fidelity mode, no crashes in 7 hours
But the audio however, seems to be bugged. Like, some sounds are really low quality or "muffled" if that makes sense

Oct 25, 2017
Had multiple issues while trying to get the platinum. Invisible walls preventing me from moving anymore, save not loading, game causing system to hard crash, being booted to the OS, not being able to move onto the next objective because the interact button does nothing.

One of the buggiest first party releases I've ever played. Really surprised after how flawless the original was, and generally how polished Sony first party is. Still enjoyed the game but man did those detract from the experience.

Exodus 1831

Oct 25, 2018
PS5 Disc version, the game actually crashed for me during the final cutscene. Softlocked on me twice as well. And I had a ton of issues just trying to install the updates for some reason. Overall an enjoyable experience, but definitely rough around the edges compared to Spider-Man PS4.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I've had an issue with Fidelity mode. After I beat the game in performance mode I was curious how fidelity mode looked. It just stutters like every 3-4 seconds while I'm swinging around. Very annoying and glad I didn't bother with that mode.

Pretty sure that's a bug. I played the entire thing in fidelity, and had that happened once, restarted and never had it again.

That's also the only bug I had with the game personally. Didn't realize it was considered buggy.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
The game is definitely just buggy in general. I've also had the same weird web shooters disappearance glitch on PS4 Slim. Another glitch where an interactive wouldn't trigger a button prompt even when I was directly in front of it, and lost the ability to jump or swing (all individual moments that required a reload of a previous checkpoint).

I've also had issues once with the overworld music straight up disappearing (opening and closing the map fixed this), and Miles' character model never loading in the suit menu (seen this happen to someone on PS5 too, surprisingly, figured it was a PS4 thing).

It's frustrating since it's such a fun game otherwise, but maybe they'll iron out the kinks with later updates.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Note, I ended up just reloading one of the backup saves and playing back to the point I was at.

Really hoping Spider-Man 2 has none of these issues. But the games are still fun.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
Had a freeze earlier while doing an Underground Hideout...did a Venom Jump and died at the same time...the game freaked out and froze...the PS5 itself was ok but the game had to be manually closed...

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Only bug I encountered so far was Miles being in Spidey costume during a cutscene where he obviously wasn't supposed to be. Also, for some reason the cutscene was in 30fps fidelity mode even though I played in performance. I closed the game and restarted and it was fine again.

Eyad

Nov 17, 2020
I played the entirety of the game in performance mode and my experience with the game wasn't that great either. I encountered many issues from the game freezing and the whole PS5 needed to restart, to many many animation and audio glitches.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've definitely run into a few issues playing on PS5. There's a couple bases that give me issues when I pause mid-combat and try to jump back in (I was playing during off times of Among Us...)

J-Soul

Banned
Nov 11, 2020
I got all those problems and more. The worst are the controller disconnects. You lose all control of the console and it forces you to reset by holding the PS button for 10 seconds, and then it keeps happening until you reset the console.

Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
No crashes for me for now but many little bugs.

The main one I have that is almost constant is weird though: I'm french and I'm playing in english with french subtitles, but Miles says some of his quips in combat and sometimes in the open world in french. It's really weird because one line will be in english and the next one will be in french...

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
The crashes are common for this game. A damn shame as it's stopping me from playing until they fix it. Don't really like the PS5 going into auto shutdown and recovery.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had my console shutdown on me during the dinner cutscene near the beginning of the game. When I managed to get my system to turn back on and I booted up the game again, I got a hitch at the same exact spot, but I managed to make it through it. I played a little bit more, but haven't went back to it since that night.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Really hoping Spider-Man 2 has none of these issues. But the games are still fun.
Spiderman Remastered has been perfection for me, loving it as I never finished the ps4 version. Finishing the last DLC but now I'm hesitant to start Miles Morales right after because of all the issues I'm reading about.

I know some people had issues with the remaster also but I didn't and Miles Morales seems to be more widespread.

I would think this is because of the pandemic making production more challenging and also completing games for console launches is hard enough in general. Plus cross gen requires care for both versions. It probably needed more time but they were pressured to make it for launch as I'm sure it is an important selling point for Sony.
If things could get more normalized for their development in the future and they are given the room to breathe and make the game without needing to really make a specific date as with Miles Morales, I think Spiderman 2 will come out much much more polished.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Are these crashes from a recent update? I've had zero performance issues with Miles (I think I'm almost done with the story) and am now afraid to play lol.

DGxO

Oct 21, 2018
ive had the suit glitch too, as well as the game crashed during photo mode so hard it restarted the entire console.

that was the second night i had it, and i swear i thought the thing died on me, my heart sank

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017

something similar happened once for me too, weirdly also right after finishing the game, and returning to open world.
like micro stutters every 5 seconds or so.
don't think its related to mode, played whole thing in fidelity with no issues.
this felt more like a memory leak or something (maybe related to end game),
was fine after a restarting the game.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I've had one crash. Thats it. It is been performing just as great as Spiderman 2018 otherwise

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't had any issues, I'm around 60% completion.

Edit: I have to say I played it mostly today, so I guess after the latest patch

Last edited: