• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

Not even with the correct name is the game displayed on the page, rather buried under DLC, Movies, and other games who have a few letters that are the same with the game you are searching for.
Another method is through clicking through 17 menus to find it.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Games are chronologically sorted on "All new games" or "All games", it's on the side bar.

For the search yes it should include more options than just a text string (by publishers, full games etc.).

Nov 3, 2017
things go live on Tuesday at midnight but IIRC the store itself doesn't "update" until Wednesday (might be wrong)

also see all on new was right there and he just avoided clicking on it lmao

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Well, this is one way of bringing it to our attention.

I did see it featured somewhere in there, or offered as a targetted suggestion maybe, so it's not all bad.

Raggen

Oct 7, 2019
Yeah, the PS store needs a serious overhaul for PS5, they need to find a way to help indies and others with visibility. I would like them to invest in some editoriaizing as well.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
things go live on Tuesday at midnight but IIRC the store itself doesn't "update" until Wednesday (might be wrong)

also see all on new was right there and he just avoided clicking on it lmao

Came to post this. It would have been there if he clicked on it.

Edit: OP with the hyperbole as well. 17 menus? Go to Games, New Games, See All and it will be there. The search function should have displayed the game at the top of the list, no doubt about that, but I wouldn't call it 'buried'. Hoping they streamline the Store experience a bit more with PS5 though. Would be nice.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020

just tested myself, can confirm it's that easy.

Mike Rose is a weird dude, stopped following him long ago when 90% of his tweets were fights and 10% indie content i was following him for. also he seems very biased.

Well, this is one way of bringing it to our attention.

I did see it featured somewhere in there, or offered as a targetted suggestion maybe, so it's not all bad.

it's how that saying goes... "all pr is good pr"

with these kind of petty feuds and visibility he has gone places with his games.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
When he went to "New" section and went back out I was like nooooo, just select all games lol. Would have saved him all that typing.

Sony should definitely improve visibility and add a bunch of new features which their web store already enjoys like making wish list.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. I dunno how large the impact on sales would be, but this does demonstrate that a lot of aspects of PSN need an overhaul. I'd also say that were indie games in general as big of a priority for Sony as they have been in the past, they'd probably be more on top of this kind of thing. I think with the huge success of PS4, they've taken their eyes off the ball on some things, and I'd say they lost the crown of "best console for indie devs to target", which is now more the Switch for popularity and Xbox if you can get a Game Pass deal. I would love to see them push for indie games as hard as they did on the Vita and early days of PS4.

OP
OP
Kyougar

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Came to post this. It would have been there if he clicked on it.

Edit: OP with the hyperbole as well. 17 menus? Go to Games, New Games, See All and it will be there. The search function should have displayed the game at the top of the list, no doubt about that, but I wouldn't call it 'buried'. Hoping they streamline the Store experience a bit more with PS5 though. Would be nice.

The 17 menu clicks is from his tweet answers.

At least a game should be found through search on 1st place if you type the name correctly.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I have learned not to participate in threads where people are actively looking to shit on something. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kyougar

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Games, New Games, See More.
Or:
What's Hot, New Games, See More.

The search function works now and finds the game immediately but if it wasn't indexed immediately at launch then it is a minor problem.

He's not going to have an easier time on Steam or Xbox either.

I dunno, Steam seems to work great:

puVFMZY.png

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Another method is through clicking through 17 menus to find it.

There's another method were it can take you 30 or 40 menu clicks, hell even over 100 if you do it right.

Personally I go Games > scroll far right > New Games and I'm there in 10-15 seconds.

Edit: not disputing that the search function can suck though and the console store needs The wish list function that the web version has too.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean, those stating it is actually quicker to go "New" and see the all section, the fact a brand new released game ISN'T on the 'New' section by default is strange. That you have to go 'All' just to it shows to me Sony is still terrible at storefront design, right in front of EGS' horrendous multitude of sections. Steam is somewhat better with a 'New Releases' section but granted that is only found by scrolling down and click 'All' as well. It is so weird that storefronts can not just show the games on front page in two sections similar to Steam; 'Popular New Releases' and 'New Releases'.
Or:

The search function works now and finds the game immediately but if it wasn't indexed immediately at launch then it is a minor problem.

He's not going to have an easier time on Steam or Xbox either. "New Games" is never the thing you find before "Hot New Games" or similar. No storefront does that. Feel free to try to find New Games on the platforms I mentioned.
Steam has 'New Releases' on the sidebar, click it and just past the personal recommendations is two tabs 'Popular New Releases' and 'New Releases'. So actually both are shown at the same time.
Can we stop giving this dude a platform already? All he does is whine about stuff like this (which isn't true as proven in this thread), and attack Era members. Doesn't sound like someone that's worthy of our time and energy tbh.
It is not entirely true yes, but it does bring up the point of Sony's storefront issues. Though that is a beaten horse at this point in time.

OP
OP
Kyougar

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
There's another method were it can take you 30 or 40 menu clicks, hell even over 100 if you do it right.

Personally I go Games > scroll far right > New Games and I'm there in 10-15 seconds.

It should be:
1. Search
2. start to write the name of the game
3. after a few letters the game should be found.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I have learned not to participate in threads where people are actively looking to shit on something. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Search Indexing can take a day or two

Edit - I meant properly indexed and sync with the algo with all keywords/characters

The game is indexed hence coming on search but towards the end

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Can we stop giving this dude a platform already? All he does is whine about stuff like this (which isn't true as proven in this thread), and attack Era members. Doesn't sound like someone that's worthy of our time and energy tbh.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Search not giving you the exact thing as the first result is maddening, good lord.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah just go to Browse All New Games. It's like he deliberaly skipped past that menu.

Bought Descenders back when it launched on Steam. Decent fun for a couple of hours. Never went back after those couple of hours though, tracks didn't feel varied enough for me.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
They really need to group different media in the search. A single list is pretty outdated and unusable when you provide games, tv, movies, and dlc.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like every time I see this guy it's because he complains about the discoverability of his games lol.
It's obviously a fair thing to complain about don't take this the wrong way

OP
OP
Kyougar

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
As I said:
"The search function works now and finds the game immediately but if it wasn't indexed immediately at launch then it is a minor problem"

Then why is the game not indexed before it is released?

Is it an issue with the dev not finishing everything before release?
is it an issue with the index only starting to index your game when it is released?

I would expect that you could finish your store page before releasing a game and that the index would have the game ready to be found on release day?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
If he clicked see all on the new game bar instead of scrolling right on past it he would of found it instantly

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
New games could definitely be exposed better. The fact that you need to go into see all is already more steps than any other platform and most people won't do that.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017

Last edited:

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
User banned (3 weeks): Platform warring. Long history of infractions for platform warring and toxicity, including a recent ban for platform wars.
Drama queen trying to get some free pub for his game by dissing PSN.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Search Indexing can take a day or two

To be fair, he does specify that his issue is with being able to search for his game *on launch day*

I can see how not easily being able to find your game, even with the search tool, on launch day would be frustrating. This obviously isn't the worst problem anyone has ever faced and there are other ways of digging into results to find games but if the store does this poor a job of surfacing games on launch day (arguably the most important day) then it could clearly be improved.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I will never be the one to say the PlayStation Store is anything but a pain to use, but yeah, he could've found it rather quickly if he wanted to. The store does have a new releases page.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
PSN needs an update in a lot of things for sure, but this dude is just very salty that PS4 players don't actually care for the games his studio is making and blaming Sony for it. His last release for example got a whole blog post about it and still didn't sell.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017

Last edited:

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Search indexing for such a small data set should not take a day or two. Imagine if you went searching for a news item that happened today on Google and nothing came up because "search indexing takes a day or two."

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Or:

He's not going to have an easier time on Steam or Xbox either. "New Games" is never the thing you find before "Hot New Games" or similar. No storefront does that. Feel free to try to find New Games on the platforms I mentioned.
He's talked extensively in the past about how being on game pass resulted in high levels of visibility on Xbox. The game has done very well on Xbox.

Edit: and it's done very well on Steam, which has in my view industry leading discoverablity features.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You have Popular New Releases shown by default and you have to click to get to New Releases. You also have to click "See More" if your game isn't among the first listed.
I'd actually like it if Valve added continuous scroll to the release tabs. Maybe not on the front storepage but definitely in the new release subsection. That way you just keep on scrolling chronologically.

Deleted member 15360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, he does specify that his issue is with being able to search for his game *on launch day*

I can see how not easily being able to find your game, even with the search tool, on launch day would be frustrating. This obviously isn't the worst problem anyone has ever faced and there are other ways of digging into results to find games but if the store does this poor a job of surfacing games on launch day (arguably the most important day) then it could clearly be improved.

Oh I definitely agree it can get better and the crawler tech used on psn can be improved. But indexing in general do take time, Youtube is the fastest

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
He pointed out something bugging him as a dev. People are just getting too defensive because they take it as a slight against a platform they like.

If you are used to a UI it always seems easier to use vs someone coming to it fresh.