• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I have to say, this is a crazy stupid quote:

So you hoped it would blow over, and now that it hasn't, you have to cut him loose. Who says that considering the accusations?
It's really weird that they're being so honest about it. "We figured you'd just forget since you're clearly a bunch of rubes."

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Talk about an Uno Reverse card. No one had heard about this dude until he insisted he be the host of the same show he was producing. What a nut.

All he had to do was stay out of the spotlight and he'd still have that sweet gig. Pride only hurts. It never helps.
Seriously. He completely blew up his career trying to force himself onto the show he was already working for.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I still think this has absolutely nothing to do with anything he said in previous gigs and everything to do with running a "contest" for the future judge of Jeopardy and then trying to sell himself as the winner of that same contest.

He put a giant black stain on the whole Jeopardy institution that just went through a giant news cycle of the general public displaying outpouring of sympathy. It was like a masterclass lesson on how to tarnish a beloved brand during what should have been a resurgence of interest in it.

Then they try to hire a nanny to watch over him but who the fuck is going to listen to this guy now?

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like an internal email, not an official statement. It's still stupid, as how did she not know that shit would be leaked the second she hit send?
Yeah, but she's addressing the Jeopardy staff, which has been reportedly very unhappy and disgruntled with Richards since this whole ahitshow went down. I don't think she's addressing the public outrage.

He should have been gone last week when he was dropped as host.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Yeah, but she's addressing the Jeopardy staff, which has been reportedly very unhappy and disgruntled with Richards since this whole ahitshow went down. I don't think she's addressing the public outrage.

Doesn't matter in the end. She should have known the message was going to go public, and planned accordingly. "We thought it would blow over" ain't it.

Oct 25, 2017
I still think this has absolutely nothing to do with anything he said in previous gigs and everything to do with running a "contest" for the future judge of Jeopardy and then trying to sell himself as the winner of that same contest

I mean, leadership was happy enough to let him install himself before they realized how angry people were.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, leadership was happy enough to let him install himself before they realized how angry people were.

Oh I absolutely think that's the kind of the dirty secret here. His bosses watched it happen and presumably signed off on it.

Someone has to pay for what happened though and it certainly won't be the people with the money.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Good

If he was not a narcissist and stayed in his lane we would have never known about his shit and he would still be EP.

POS are taking notes.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Just cancel Jeopardy! now, I think - or put in on the shelf for a few years. Way too much drama and craziness over a game show, whoever the new host is gonna be is going to have a huge hill to climb.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Just cancel Jeopardy! now, I think - or put in on the shelf for a few years. Way too much drama and craziness over a game show, whoever the new host is gonna be is going to have a huge hill to climb.
Sony is not going to cancel their money printing machine.

I do think it would be preferable for Jeopardy to go on hiatus until a new host is named. They absolutely should not continue the never-ending circus of guest hosts. Viewers hate it, the declining ratings show that. Put it in reruns until you have the new host.

I can't wait to see who plays him in the movie adaptation of this dumb bullshit.
Sarah Paulson.

American Crime Story: Jeopardy!

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I feel like the people who made the decision to hire him in the first place are making him a scapegoat.

He couldn't have become Host without THEIR approval. Why aren't they getting fired too for making such a stupid mistake?

I wonder what internal drama we're not privy to.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I know that was before he got canned (from Jeopardy and Wheel) but it's still so odd that they thought putting a babysitter on him was a good idea.

You'd think the price of a babysitter wouldn't be worth it. Like, he's not a bankable star, his issues are who he is as a person and what he did in the past. It's not like if, say, Tom Hanks was notoriously late for things so execs paid someone to make sure he arrived on time.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We threw you a bone, but y'all just couldn't let it go so we fired him. Happy now?

helluva message for your team

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
Picking himself to host was a calculated move but the one thing that wasn't considered was the possibility of a white man in a position of power to have consequences for their actions.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
So basically we're finding out the Trebek was really the only decent thing about the entire production of Jeopardy?