• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
She reportedly can't do the daily show because of her sitcom commitments (they tape 4 days per month).

Ahh yeah, that makes sense.

Glad to see him out, but it's too bad about Mayim Bialik, I had no idea she was an antivaxxer. Whoever they pick it'd be hard to do worse than they have so far.

Wait what? Who is doing the vetting over there? Maybe they need a new executive producer? Lol.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I havent watched any of the episodes, but do people still want Burton after his stint? I heard he wasnt good so I am not sure if it is just a meme at this point or do people legit want him?

Oct 27, 2017
I havent watched any of the episodes, but do people still want Burton after his stint? I heard he wasnt good so I am not sure if it is just a meme at this point or do people legit want him?
He's beloved and has the right "air" for the show- sophisticated intelligence. I don't think he naturally took to the role as smoothly as expected- it may level out with time but it's hard to say for sure.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

He's beloved and has the right "air" for the show- sophisticated intelligence. I don't think he naturally took to the role as smoothly as expected- it may level out with time but it's hard to say for sure.
I mean sure but he also didn't get a second day of recording like many and anyone that enthusiastic about the show is going to have tight nerves the first go around. Feels like people forget this

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly put the Burton folks in the same vein as the Snyder/Ayer cut folks. Loud people on the internet and memes.

Of course if Burton gets it, it would still be a big upgrade over Richards. He can work on his issues of execution, Richards being a huge slimeball could not.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to bet Trebek wasn't a seasoned vet his first day on the job, and he didn't heave a wall of internet hype and expectations to live up to on top of it

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
From what I've seen, non-regular viewers of the show want him (mostly the very online). I'm a consistent viewer and thought he did just okay, nothing that couldn't be fixed with some time. I'm assuming they want someone younger.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see him out, but it's too bad about Mayim Bialik, I had no idea she was an antivaxxer. Whoever they pick it'd be hard to do worse than they have so far.
She also publically shamed Harvey Weinstein's victims. I have no idea WTF Jeopardy producers are thinking. We might need to have some public auditions for Jeopardy producers now.

www.mercurynews.com

New ‘Jeopardy!’ host Mayim Bialik also faces scrutiny for ‘shaming’ Harvey Weinstein’s victims

As questions remain over the selection of new ‘Jeopardy!’ hosts, Bialik is being reminded of her past comments on vaccines and her argument that less attractive women don’t get se…

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm willing to bet Trebek wasn't a seasoned vet his first day on the job, and he didn't heave a wall of internet hype and expectations to live up to on top of it
I was down on LeVar after his stint wasn't that great but really, he's an actor, he'll grow into the role quite easily I think.

Aaron Rodgers and Joe Buck were my biggest surprises though. I wouldn't be mad though I feel like both have other careers they still want to pursue.

gradam01

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nebraska
LeVar Burton also had the worst ratings of the guest hosts. The only people clamoring for him are the ones how don't watch broadcast TV.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean sure but he also didn't get a second day of recording like many and anyone that enthusiastic about the show is going to have tight nerves the first go around. Feels like people forget this
I didn't realize that, the whole rotating host process came across like kind of a clusterfuck so I didn't know he had a shorter stint. Was he a last minute addition then?

LeVar Burton also had the worst ratings of the guest hosts. The only people clamoring for him are the ones how don't watch broadcast TV.

He was at the tail end of diminishing returns. They slowly slid through the broadcast run. Going based on ratings Jennings had the best- he was also the first host after Alex's death. Mike Richards had good ones too due to where he fell in the schedule, but it was already declining over time

Oct 25, 2017
He was at the tail end of diminishing returns. They slowly slid through the broadcast run. Going based on ratings Jennings had the best- he was also the first host after Alex's death. Mike Richards had good ones too due to where he fell in the schedule, but it was already declining over time

His run was also during the Olympics.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I didn't realize that, the whole rotating host process came across like kind of a clusterfuck so I didn't know he had a shorter stint. Was he a last minute addition then?

Yup he and the last host were announced literal weeks before they aired. So he did all those episodes in one day, and didn't get a second. Plus aired same week as the olympics not even on the normal stations

gradam01

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nebraska

That's kinda my point. Everyone demanding he be the host for months didn't even bother to watch his week. At the end of the day Jeopardy is still a traditional TV which means only ratings matter.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Give it to Levar. Watched his episodes and liked them. The lady from big bang theory did a good job as well. Just have them go back and forth if need be.

I loved TNG so I am biased as fuck though lol.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
His run was also during the Olympics.
200.gif

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I still don't get the appeal of this guy. I get that it is access-he's the EP. But he was awful.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
www.vanityfair.com

‘Jeopardy!’ Host Mayim Bialik Says She’s Not Anti-vax

Despite previously admitting to not vaccinating her children, Bialik clarified that she’s vaccinated against COVID-19 and “not at all an anti-vaxxer.”

Luckily not true
I'm glad she got the covid vaccine and also her kids as well, but I'm still "eh" on her after this
She added, "The truth is, I delayed vaccinations for reasons that you don't necessarily get to know about simply because you follow me on social media…. As of today, my children may not have had every one of the vaccinations that your children have, but my children are vaccinated." Bialik then detailed her beliefs that children receive "way too many vaccines in this country" and that "the medical community often operate from a place of fear in order to make money." Still, she found it "very disturbing" that some people would not be vaccinated against COVID-19.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
levar would be perfect.

but lol @ how stupid this hire was in the first place. pretty emblematic of how the process usually goes in most places. at the end of the day, it's a sham.

KyleH

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I was really surprisingly impressed with Joe Buck. He seemed very at ease with the whole host thing.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, sucks it took looking up his past to get him out (implication being there were clear red flags beforehand, but no one gave a shit). He is the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER and somehow they failed to find any appropriate hosts and gave him the job cause he was "the most suited for it?"

Fuck outta here.

Last edited: