• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Again, I never said that. Objective would just mean that there's no debate to be had about whether the voodoo boys are offensive or not. Since there are multiple viewpoints on this though it's a more nuanced issue than just "You guys just want to excuse shitty thing"

That's not at all what he's said in his post.

You're wasting your breath. Some posters default to aggressive attack mode and this is one of them. You either agree with them 100% or you're the enemy. Ignore and move on.

You are not wrong here, there's quite alot of posters in this thread, that I've seen multiple times in other threads try to dismiss minorities opinions (not even just Cyberpunk) and they just happen to be using this OP as people being "hysterical" and "out for blood" without being calm and rational like them to see all the intent and facts and yaddda yadda.... Like, we apparently don't know what's going on in this thread. I'm glad there's someone else pointing it out.

Mike Pondsmith is a minority and plenty of you seem to have no problem dismissing or minimizing his views in this thread. And the only thing going on in this thread is a discussion about the creator of Cyberpunk setting the record straight on some so-called allies speaking for him or acting like they know more about how he feels than he does himself. Anything else is bunch of people trying to inject stuff that has nothing to do with the op.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mike Pondsmith is a minority and plenty of you seem to have no problem dismissing or minimizing his views in this thread.

It's nice that you seem to think minorities are a hivemind and can't dismiss other minorities or members of their own community. That's not how the world works though. It's also nice that you seem to be confusing the object of the discussion (the statement) for the subject of the discussion (what the statement is being used for in this thread and elsewhere), which has little to do with being dismissive of the creator's viewpoints and a lot to do with being upset at how people are weaponizing them.

But go on. You're the champion of nuance here.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
You're wasting your breath. Some posters default to aggressive attack mode and this is one of them. You either agree with them 100% or you're the enemy. Ignore and move on.

Mike Pondsmith is a minority and plenty of you seem to have no problem dismissing or minimizing his views in this thread. And the only thing going on in this thread is a discussion about the creator of Cyberpunk setting the record straight on some so-called allies speaking for him or acting like they know more about how he feels than he does himself. Anything else is bunch of people trying to inject stuff that has nothing to do with the op.
I'm just a woman who's seen multiple posters in this thread dismiss my viewpoint in multiple other threads, who are then going holier-than-thous about how people were out for blood etc. Like, am I meant to pretend I don't know what these posters regularly do? I've seen them do it for other posters as well, with different minorities. It's shitty and I'm tired of having my opinion dismissed on this site, with said posters staying just on the side of plausible deniability so they can't be banned.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I like Mike's response, especially the first one, some people were really getting carried away with the "CDPR are ruining the 2020 lore".

Bruv, this is what I'm saying.
Fuck these armchair shitheels deeming what is and what isn't offensive to black people, let us decide that and deal with your people.
That RPS article was shit.

Not sure why but all this time I thought the person who wrote that article was a PoC, turns out it's not, huh.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You might like to pretend that, but I've read this thread. I've seen the posts in this thread. This thread EXISTS as an excuse to sideline complaints from marginalized people. Not all opinions are created equally.

You might say that there's debate to be had. But this thread is treating it like the creator's statement means that the debate is over. There is no value to highlighting that in this context. You look hostile when you try. Context matters. Your post does not exist in a context that makes me look kindly upon you.

The thread exists to highlight his point of view, just like the RPS thread existed to highlight theirs. It was fair game for people to agree with RPSs views on the game, why is it wrong if now some people agree with Pondsmith? Frankly this sounds a lot more like "opinions are only legitimate if they agree with me"

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
You might like to pretend that, but I've read this thread. I've seen the posts in this thread. This thread EXISTS as an excuse to sideline complaints from marginalized people. Not all opinions are created equally.

You might say that there's debate to be had. But this thread is treating it like the creator's statement means that the debate is over. There is no value to highlighting that in this context. You look hostile when you try. Context matters. Your post does not exist in a context that makes me look kindly upon you.

Most posts I've seen that are taking an 'absolute' stance on Pondsmith's response are the ones talking about the source material being implemented correctly by the game devs, not the singular issue about the Haitian representation or the trans ad(which isn't even mentioned here). It absolutely IS important to highlight CDPR and Pondsmith's response and explanations about these issues. You're talking about context, which is the exact same thing they've been providing, both about the Haitian representation and the trans ad in-game.

You need to take a retrospective look, the only hostile poster in here I can see is yourself.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thread exists to highlight his point of view, just like the RPS thread existed to highlight theirs. It was fair game for people to agree with RPSs views on the game, why is it wrong if now some people agree with Pondsmith? Frankly this sounds a lot more like "opinions are only legitimate if they agree with me"

I've already said why the purpose of this thread differs from the purpose of the other threads. If you are going to close your eyes and your ears, there's no use discussing anything with you.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's nice that you seem to think minorities are a hivemind and can't dismiss other minorities or members of their own community. That's not how the world works though. It's also nice that you seem to be confusing the object of the discussion (the statement) for the subject of the discussion (what the statement is being used for in this thread).

It's nice that you can't bother reading. The person I quoted talked about people trying to dismiss viewpoints from PoC and I was merely pointing out that some of you are doing just that with Mr. Pondsmith. But keep putting words in people's mouths, that seems to be par for the course with you. Back on /ignore you go.

That's exactly what's going on and the hypocricy is astounding.

Discussion guidelines: on respecting perspectives

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Official Staff Communication
Let's get a few things straight here.

There have been numerous conversations surrounding the way Cyberpunk 2077 may depict different races and identities. These conversations are not identical or interchangeable and should not be treated as such.

Furthermore, while Pondsmith's personal perspective should be respected, it's important to understand other people may still take issue with his work. This includes other minorities, including other black people.

Anyone arguing that discussion surrounding these details are disingenuous or invalid will be moderated. Let's be respectful as this thread continues.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Well, that sort of "middle ground" is exactly what I try to strive for (in most cases where things aren't blatantly apparent). One of my first posts in this topic was expressly saying people need to ask questions, but what also goes along with that is reading, listening and allowing people to speak before going from 0 to 100 simply on gut instinct.

Yes, sometimes you can be right to go right for the jugular, but sometimes you're not. And what makes things even more unpleasant is when people might not have been right to go for the jugular from minute one but ego gets in the way and there is no self-reflection or backing down.

It actually makes me anxious to see some operate as they do. It must be incredibly tiring and self-destressing at times.
I know, and it's why it's been so jarring for me because, as I've said, I've long-since viewed you as a source for incredibly well thought out posts. I get jarred when you change avatar so it's definitely not coming from a place of disliking you, and apologies for just launching at you but it really has felt stark in its difference. It's almost because of what you've been saying that it's been disappointing to see. I hope you've seen enough of my posts to know I try to favour a discussion or thought out posts where possible, but it does get tedious when some issues can be mocked or dismissed in a line but take paragraphs to properly articulate. Which is no doubt contributing to this overall sense of frustration in topics, but these are topics worthy of that discussion and concern I feel.

I think I've picked away enough to know where the grips stands though, and it is with that middle ground. It's that your posts have seemed to be purely on the "it's not much of a concern" side with no counterbalance to "it warrants some concern", at least those I've read in the threads we've been posting in similar times. So in an isolated space the rational takes like your own (though, I do feel some have been a tad smug) being only from that angle are fine, but when people are writing thought out replies to others that likely don't care and are just there to drop a take (but you want to reply so the context is there for others skimming) and then see yourself not taking that middle ground as much as staying on one side telling (calmly) the other side to not make as much noise it's frustrating. At the time just would have loved for you to write a similar reply to people dismissing or eye-rolling things. Maybe it's that you felt the replies in existence did that well enough, maybe you don't think there's an issue.

That's where that comes from though, I shouldn't have hopped in the cannon and aimed at you (though I still think it's timid compared to the posts you allude to lol), it's just because of how typically considered you are that I felt the past week has been a bit of a "nothing wrong with Cyberpunk" roadshow. No doubt my own personal feelings on the matter cloud the water even more, but I've never been one from admitting where I've messed up and know it's an inseparable bias on this topic. It's still something that's stood out and felt for a few days.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive and Antagonistic Commentary over Multiple Posts in this Thread; History of Similar Behavior in Other Topics
I'm just a woman who's seen multiple posters in this thread dismiss my viewpoint in multiple other threads, who are then going holier-than-thous about how people were out for blood etc. Like, am I meant to pretend I don't know what these posters regularly do? I've seen them do it for other posters as well, with different minorities. It's shitty and I'm tired of having my opinion dismissed on this site, with said posters staying just on the side of plausible deniability so they can't be banned.

Plausible deniability for what? Why is it Era has to be the hunger games at times when the end result seems to be posters wanting or wishing others they debate with just get banned to get rid of them? You're constructing quite the us vs them in real time, then expressing publicly what appears to be unhappiness a ban hammer doesn't just go through a topic and pick off everyone you aren't happy with.

That is precisely the bottled up resentment of internet assumptions/accusations and going from 0 to 100 that quite clearly has Mike Pondsmith's jimmies rustled and has agitated a few in here. On Resetera it is banning or excluding people from being able to post, elsewhere on Twitter or wherever else it is accusing of the worst intent possible in order for accusations to go viral and people to be left upset and distressed. Whether its staff, creators or whoever it is.

All shapes and forms of what I see as internet radicalization. Many people aren't looking to talk or be challenged, or have to read/listen or maybe hold off on fearing the worst. They just seek confirmation bias and failing that, getting those who dared challenge them banned, smeared, accused and sent packing.

I mean, is there nuance to "dismissing your viewpoints?". Does someone simply saying to you, have you considered this, equal outright dismissal? Because in amongst all the debating of the voodoo boys myself and others tried to bring 2020 lore and also an interview with Yong Yea explaining what Mike Pondsmith was trying as a rebuttal to some posters remarks (often the remarks that were the most certain around intent). Is that dismissal? Is dismissal simply as a concept as black and white as "Do you agree with me or not?".

I know, and it's why it's been so jarring for me because, as I've said, I've long-since viewed you as a source for incredibly well thought out posts. I get jarred when you change avatar so it's definitely not coming from a place of disliking you, and apologies for just launching at you but it really has felt stark in its difference. It's almost because of what you've been saying that it's been disappointing to see. I hope you've seen enough of my posts to know I try to favour a discussion or thought out posts where possible, but it does get tedious when some issues can be mocked or dismissed in a line but take paragraphs to properly articulate. Which is no doubt contributing to this overall sense of frustration in topics, but these are topics worthy of that discussion and concern I feel.

I think I've picked away enough to know where the grips stands though, and it is with that middle ground. It's that your posts have seemed to be purely on the "it's not much of a concern" side with no counterbalance to "it warrants some concern", at least those I've read in the threads we've been posting in similar times. So in an isolated space the rational takes like your own (though, I do feel some have been a tad smug) being only from that angle are fine, but when people are writing thought out replies to others that likely don't care and are just there to drop a take (but you want to reply so the context is there for others skimming) and then see yourself not taking that middle ground as much as staying on one side telling (calmly) the other side to not make as much noise it's frustrating. At the time just would have loved for you to write a similar reply to people dismissing or eye-rolling things. Maybe it's that you felt the replies in existence did that well enough, maybe you don't think there's an issue.

That's where that comes from though, I shouldn't have hopped in the cannon and aimed at you (though I still think it's timid compared to the posts you allude to lol), it's just because of how typically considered you are that I felt the past week has been a bit of a "nothing wrong with Cyberpunk" roadshow. No doubt my own personal feelings on the matter cloud the water even more, but I've never been one from admitting where I've messed up and know it's an inseparable bias on this topic. It's still something that's stood out and felt for a few days.

I've never said it's not a concern, I simply find it exhausting to see absolutism and then the branches from that which often result in if you dare bring evidence or other viewpoints to my initial accusation, you are simply unfairly dismissing.

Listening to feedback and being questioned is part of the creative process, but some of the accusations and absolutism is hardly done in a way which can be taken in good faith. You're painted as evil from the start and then have to spend more time trying to clear your name than actually addressing concerns.

Last edited:

AmbientRuin

Apr 18, 2019
Honestly, and this is going to sound like a drive-by, but threads like these are beginning to make me utterly loathe the userbase here. Some of y'all are so fucking transparent when you're searching for excuses to justify shitty things. Go ahead and pat yourselves on the shoulder for all of the effort you're putting into this.
Its the same people again~

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
For those who don't know, Mike Pondsmith is this awesome fellow who created the Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop RPG, on which Cyberpunk 2077 is based:
yvg3su1dy8431.jpg

He also heavily collaborated on Cyberpunk 2077, and he's fairly active on Reddit, under the /u/therealmaxmike monicker.

Wakanda Forever!

unknown.png

Another comment of his

LOL, gotta love Pondsmith.

Oct 25, 2017
I like Mike's response, especially the first one, some people were really getting carried away with the "CDPR are ruining the 2020 lore".

Not sure why but all this time I thought the person who wrote that article was a PoC, turns out it's not, huh.
It was one of the reasons why I didn't take the article seriously.
What Mike said was literally what I wanted to say but I couldn't articulate it as well, and obviously it's more hard hitting from him, being the creator of this I.P.

Until I see the demo for myself, and see the Voodoo boys and other black characters in the game, I ain't saying shit nor am I going to hop on the stereotype wagon on the behest of a white author. I hate thinking this way but it is what it is, I just find it hard to trust these takes from certain people nowadays, I fucking hate it.

Everyone has a right to feel how they feel about CDPR, this is just my opinion on the matter anyway.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most posts I've seen that are taking an 'absolute' stance on Pondsmith's response are the ones talking about the source material being implemented correctly by the game devs, not the singular issue about the Haitian representation or the trans ad(which isn't even mentioned here). It absolutely IS important to highlight CDPR and Pondsmith's response and explanations about these issues. You're talking about context, which is the exact same thing they've been providing, both about the Haitian representation and the trans ad in-game.

You need to take a retrospective look, the only hostile poster in here I can see is yourself.

You might read me as hostile. Fine. What I actually am, though, is exhausted. You're not helping.

The only way your post here matters is if we pretend that the only context that exists is the context of the statement itself, and we ignore everything about how it's being used. You might be ignoring everything about how it's being used because you potentially agree with how it's being used. I don't know. I can't read your mind. For now, though, I won't come to that conclusion. Just know that it's on my mind, and it might color how I read your responses to me. Because I'm exhausted. I'm tired. I'm worn out by this shit. It doesn't matter if you're not actually a shitheel. Too many people are.

It's an uncharitable interpetation, sure. But on topics like these, when being discussed on the internet, and especially on gaming side, I've learned that people generally aren't worth my charity. Which also does not help with my exhaustion. This might lead people to have a disparaging view towards me. That's fine: believe as you will, treat me how you please, whatever.

I'm not going to fight for an opinion about whether or not racial minority stereotypes here are okay or not because as a white girl I don't have a dog in that fight and I feel like I'd be stepping on toes as an ally. If you want to ask me what I feel abou the trans poster, you can, because I *AM* a trans woman, and spoilers: My stance here is incredibly negative towards CDPR. But what doesn't overstep my bounds as an ally is my act of pointing out how terrible this thread is and has been towards people with genuine concerns. That's a fight I can fight, because it's something I feel so deeply and so personally with regards to the trans issue as well.

Its the same people again~

Why can't we permaban for some of this stuff? Seriously?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I've never said it's not a concern, I simply find it exhausting to see absolutism and then the branches from that which often result in if you dare bring evidence or other viewpoints to my initial accusation, you are simply unfairly dismissing.

Listening to feedback and being questioned is part of the creative process, but some of the accusations and absolutism is hardly done in a way which can be taken in good faith.
Sure, as I've said I agree with that. Doesn't speak to any part of my post though, which was about your "middle ground" appearing quite one-sided when you're purely telling people not to worry as much in a calm manner. The middle ground would also be reaffirming there is a reason to be concerned, just not to hit an extreme with it. Which didn't really seem to be the angle of your posts in the discussions.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, as I've said I agree with that. Doesn't speak to any part of my post though lol, which was about your "middle ground" appearing quite one-sided when you're purely telling people not to worry as much in a calm manner.

A "middle ground" isn't one-sided? Around creative matters, it is often where people engage in showing what they're trying to do and how, whilst listening to others concerns their intent might not be clear and/or appropriate.

There are people who claim they are looking for that or that is their end goal, whilst quite clearly saying things that suggest otherwise. Which usually translates more into unless I get my way, I want everyone in my path banned, accused and not listened to.

That kind of attitude and sprint to accusing is what has someone like Mike Pondsmith getting angry/upset or agitated. When you create something that handles complex situations you're unlikely to ever make everyone happy, but the best pursuit is to hold yourself accountable and present yourself in a way which at least tries to explain your intentions clearly. If you feel you are doing that, obviously you might get a little defensive if people who don't even know you call you some wild shit.

It's one of the oldest tropes online "I'm allowed to defend myself, but if someone I'm accusing defends themselves, they're clearly only doing it to dismiss me.". I can see why people feel that way, and sure, when it's bad actors that might be true, but not everyone you don't know is inherently a bad actor because they might have said something or tried something you don't like.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
A "middle ground" isn't one-sided? Around creative matters, it is often where people engage in showing what they're trying to do and how, whilst listening to others concerns their intent might not be clear and/or appropriate.

There are people who claim they are looking for that or that is their end goal, whilst quite clearly saying things that suggest otherwise. Which usually translates more into unless I get my way, I want everyone in my path banned, accused and not listened to.

That kind of attitude and sprint to accusing is what has someone like Mike Pondsmith getting angry/upset or agitated. When you create something that handles complex situations you're unlikely to ever make everyone happy, but the best pursuit is to hold yourself accountable and present yourself in a way which at least tries to explain your intentions clearly. If you feel you are doing that, obviously you might get a little defensive if people who don't even know you call you some wild shit.

it's one of the oldest tropes online "I'm allowed to defend myself, but if someone I'm accusing defends themselves, they're clearly only doing it to dismiss me.". I can see why people feel that way, and sure, when it's bad actors that might be true, but not everyone you don't know is inherently a bad actor because they might have said something or tried something you don't like.
Again, nothing to do what what I was saying. You're just saying what others are doing that you dislike.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, nothing to do what what I was saying. Do t worry.

Well, you're misunderstanding what my view of a "middle ground" is by apparently not being happy I called out what I view as some of the more extreme reactions? Nowhere was I calling out anyone who has been engaging in the "polite" ways you're putting forward as your views of a middle-ground. Presumably, because you and I actually agree there. The post you've just replied to, in my opinion, articulates that I see the value in the creative process of someone creating something NEEDING to be capable of listening to criticism and hearing feedback.

Why wouldn't it? No matter how self-assured you are as a creator, the people you ask to consume your product are the ones who will subjectively let you know how they have seen or viewed your intent. You might think you're portraying one thing, your audience might another. But one does have to admit for a product we've seen 48 minutes of, that is not strictly the same as reviewing the whole thing. Probably why each and every trade show going forward devs will want to show off less and less. Vertical slices can be incredibly misleading and/or missing context.

The only thing I see in bad taste at times is people going from 0 to 100 in a situation that might not be as clear as they presume, then potentially doubling down or not allowing anyone the time of day to ask them if they've seen X evidence/reasoning.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe don't get engaged in discussions like this then if makes you so incredibly tired? You only provoke more hostility which I guess will only get you more tired

Hey, do you remember that one rather popular tweet thread in response to the trans issue about how it doesn't mattter if these things are okay in context because everyone gets to hurt us minorities by screaming about it anyway?

It doesn't matter if I get engaged in these topics. Pretending otherwise is victim blaming. I'm exposed to all of this bullshit. Because y'all keep riding a parade float with it in my front lawn.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Well, you're misunderstanding what my view of a "middle ground" is by apparently not being happy I called out what I view as some of the more extreme reactions? Nowhere was I calling out anyone who has been engaging in the "polite" ways you're putting forward as your views of a middle-ground. Presumably, because you and I actually agree there. The post you've just replied to, in my opinion, articulates that I see the value in the creative process of someone creating something NEEDING to be capable of listening to criticism and hearing feedback.

Why wouldn't it? No matter how self-assured you are as a creator, the people you ask to consume your product are the ones who will subjectively let you know how they have seen or viewed your intent.

The only thing I see in bad taste at times is people going from 0 to 100 in a situation that might not be as clear as they presume, then potentially doubling down or not allowing anyone the time of day to ask them if they've seen X evidence/reasoning.
That's a little more on the nose with what I was going for, cheers. I'm all too aware of my own bias so this was only ever speaking to the feeling that had built up and the perception of that middle ground. We likely are applying it to different things (creative process vs. specific posts) so I can get that, it just definitely came across as jarring as otherwise wouldn't have noticed it. Appreciate you discussing it though. I think it just didn't help feeling like you're fighting the tide against assholes (but feeling it important because that context is important for people browsing) and then see you appearing to dismiss the concerns to, albeit in a measured way. Hope all of this at least conveys where that frustration comes from even if you don't necessarily agree with the actions befitting it.

It'd be helpful to quote specific posts instead of making these blanket statements about how terrible this thread is.
You could say the same about the blanket posts you're referencing. Quote the ones you have an issue with.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, and this is going to sound like a drive-by, but threads like these are beginning to make me utterly loathe the userbase here. Some of y'all are so fucking transparent when you're searching for excuses to justify shitty things. Go ahead and pat yourselves on the shoulder for all of the effort you're putting into this.

Big reason why i've tried to avoid investing in threads like this and interact with the topic elsewhere. There's an obvious tactlessness and dismissal of concerns about topic like these that seems designed to make way for conversation about so utterly less relevant things in comparison like ME3 endings or whatever. The SPEED at which people are quick to try and shutdown the conversation. And then some even deem to present this callousness as becoming of an adult who must learn to respect proper discussion.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you personally agree with the way this thread has gone? At least, with everything up until my appearance. I know you disagree with that.

Why do you think there might be a little agitation spilling over around the Voodoo Boys from Mike and others when he himself answered why they were how they were and there was circumstantial evidence those being represented in game were happy? (As in the Haitians working with the team probably know a bit more about how they are being handled) That doesn't mean case closed, shut it up, never speak again, but...

Presumably, because some who were so set in their ways this was to do with Poland, Mike was only acting as an IP salesman, the Voodoo Boys were trying to mock American racial tensions/systematic poverty, the game was a POC shooting simulator and so on weren't actually allowing any good faith rebuttal/questioning it has gotten people frustrated.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think there might be a little agitation spilling over around the Voodoo Boys from Mike and others when he himself answered why they were how they were and there was circumstantial evidence those being represented in game were happy? That doesn't mean case closed, shut it up, never speak again, but...

Presumably, because some who were so set in their ways this was to do with Poland, Mike was only acting as an IP salesman, the Voodoo Boys were trying to mock American racial tensions/systematic poverty, the game was a POC shooting simulator and so on weren't actually allowing any good faith rebuttal/questioning it has gotten people frustrated.
Thanks for making a two paragraph post to say "Oh, so EVERYONE'S a Nazi now?"

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Do you personally agree with the way this thread has gone? At least, with everything up until my appearance. I know you disagree with that.
I've seen a couple of people seemingly dismiss criticism as a whole, which I don't agree with. On the other hand, I've seen a couple of people call out others who have dismissed any interpretation of the facts that is other than their own, which I do partially agree with. But other than that, I'm not really seeing the preponderance of truly offensively terrible posts that you are seeing.

At any rate though, you came in here hot to a degree that I don't think was warranted, but that's mostly thanks to the fact that you're not really calling anyone out specifically on what they're saying. Which is why I said that it'd help if you did. You don't have to, but well, that's up to you.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
What a graveyard, jeez.

Well, anyway. I'm glad Pondsmith has a much better relationship with CDPR than Sapkowski and is actively involved in the creative process. I cannot wait for the post release discussion about this game - I like to think that since Pondsmith knows (and has seen) much more of the game than we did and he's happy with the results then that bodes well. I hate this idea that some postulated here that he would say these things because money is at stake, like c'mon. This is his baby being adapted into top tier videogame that tens of millions will get to play.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
And why is that a issue? Because of the GoG tweets from more than a year ago for which the guy responsible was fired? And after that there was no any other issue with CD Projekt RED when it comes to these issues? I mean, in their Witcher games they handled racism, domestic violence, sexism, oppression, religion, hatred, war and the consenquences of it on the population and countries, etc. with great results.. why do you suddenly think that the writers aren't going to handle them well? I mean, the possibility is of course there, but I just wanted to ask why is this a issue for you right now, when the game is almost one year before release and so far we really don't know much about the themes and the overall story of the game.. a concern? Yeah, of course, even the best writers can easily screw up but an issue now? No reason for it to be an issue.. but that's of course your right, I'm just trying to understand why it's an issue for you :)
Uh they didn't have a single black person in the Witcher 3 and I don't really think they handled sexism that well either tbqh, especially if we wanna go back to 1.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Can someone explain to me what's clickbaity about the RPS article? The author seem to go over all the concerns he raised in the title, having as his base of argument this and last year's E3 demos.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had a feeling he was heavily involved. Nice to see him layin in to some of the people doubting the project...

Status
Not open for further replies.