• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mmitt

Oct 27, 2017
did you guys know that trump was shutting down travel to china early while everybody said that's a stupid idea?
and that they inherited a broken testing system AND an empty stockpile from the previous administration.
nothing else he could've done, thank you mr. president!

(/s obviously, those are just the stupid talking points from those briefings)

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
Will they make any changes whatsoever? Will the word 'masks' be mentioned at all? Will they encourage behaviors that help spread the virus?

Stay tuned!

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Why? I dont know they think they can patch up shit this later or something I am sure.

How long before NPD Donnie takes the wheel again? I say next week.
No one wants to hear Pence do his "dear leader" speech either. The sycophancy is going to be off the charts. Drink everytime you hear, "Due to the leadership of our great President..."

Oh yeah and I can't wait to see if Pence has a mask on. I'm going to guess no.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
watch them make all the reporters sit shoulder to shoulder again too because "NO WORRIES NO COVID GO WORK AND MAKE AND SPEND MONEY"

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and they're still trying to remove the ACA and deny pre-existing conditions DURING A PANDEMIC. Look at all those new pre-existing conditions that COVID is creating for insurance companies to deny healthcare/jack up the prices.
Where's that "big, beautiful plan" they were going to replace it with???

Fucking assholes.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I hope Pence gets grilled about saying there is no spike and also about Trump repeatedly saying no testing means no cases
Oh and about still trying to fucking repeal the ACA without an alternative

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

The Trump administration is weighing a new testing strategy as coronavirus cases mount: testing groups of people together.

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told me in an interview last night that health officials are having "intense discussions" about what's known as "pool testing." The idea is that by testing samples from many people all together, officials could test more people with fewer resources. And those who are infected could be more quickly found and isolated.

The approach works this way: Samples from, say, 20 people are combined into a single pool. One coronavirus test is used on the entire pool. If the test comes back negative, researchers know they can move on to another pool of samples. If it comes back positive, only then would each individual be tested.
"What you need to do is find the penetration of infected people in your society," Fauci said. "And the only way you know that is by casting a broad net."
Criteria for who can get a test still varies among states, depending on their resources and testing capacity. But if group testing would allow more people to get tested, there could be a better chance of finding the asymptomatic people who may be quietly spreading the disease

Might be what they talk about today. Frankly sounds like something that should have been done months ago to decrease the testing backlog and detect outbreaks quicker.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

Might be what they talk about today. Frankly sounds like something that should have been done months ago to decrease the testing backlog and detect outbreaks quicker.

With new cases at an all-time high, the plan is to do more with less. Always a day late and a dollar short stolen. Great strategy, guys.

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see if someone requests a statement regarding this chart from yesterday.
For comparison the EU has a population of 450 million and the US has 330 million.
22102.jpeg

E5slr5K.jpg

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The preview image for this livestream is sadly appropriate. All these people huddled around Pence, and no one wearing face masks.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is Fucking insane, hold out some hope Fauci publicly quits or something because this is a clown show

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
I like how Pence says we did a good job because if we did nothing 1.2 - 1.5 million people would have died. What an accomplishment.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Fauci has been deified much like Mueller was, and I understand that people want him to be there and appease Trump so he can enact change from the inside - but at what point does one go on the air, and say the president is wrong on all accounts in a non-roundabout diplomatic way. If he has as much clout and good will as these political pundits say the polls suggest, I truly think it would be in the best interest of the people. A stronger statement than "we need to stop politicizing masks" and "there's a strong anti-science bias". We need him to say "what the president is saying is wrong." Fullstop.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Lol he says his job is to show how we are different than we were two months ago

WE'RE WORSE.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
This motherfucker just said that it's encouraging that people my age are getting covid.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
The way he so desperately avoids talking about masks is confounding. Masks could have been used as a tool had Trump been on board from the start. His followers have no independent thought they love what he loves they became die hard supporters of hydroxychloroquine for crying out loud. He could have had maga masks and shit like that instead they went to war against masks probably because they would ruin his makeup. It was so senseless.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
half the new cases are under 35 is encouraging? Case load went from like 1000 a few weeks ago up to 9000 in Florida. So half (4500) are under 35. That still leaves the 4500 other cases for older residents. Seems like a dramatic increase from their portion (somewhere <1000) of that earlier number....not encouraging AT ALL.