• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
They're only dragging Pence out there because he is less likely to something fucking stupid.
Trump's favorability ratings dropped hard during those pressers. This is why Pence is doing it.

I still think it is a huge mistake. I don't like Trump or his administration, but this is a monumental health crisis. The President should be up in front of it, not the VP, a mostly useless office.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I remember that guy.

He was the one who was put in-charge of the covid-19 task force to shield Trump from criticism or something before Trump decided he'd rather speak about it all the time himself. How did that go?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Trump's favorability ratings dropped hard during those pressers. This is why Pence is doing it.

I still think it is a huge mistake. I don't like Trump or his administration, but this is a monumental health crisis. The President should be up in front of it, not the VP, a mostly useless office.
I feel like Trump is flat out refusing but his people are like well let us at least do something.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't put it past then for them to come out with "mission complete" banners and claiming it's over

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish they would just shut the fuck up. What's it going to be now? Covid-19 is actually good for you?

Clydefrog

Oct 25, 2017
Hawaii
Surely they wouldn't go through with this embarrassing procedure again unless they have something good to show. They don't want to "look weak".

It's going to be propaganda.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
He's going to declare the pandemic officially over, suspend testing nationwide as it's no longer needed, and order all businesses nationwide to open 100%.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Trump remembering it's an election year and he should try to look like he cares?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Trump remembering it's an election year and he should try to look like he cares?
it's definitely not Trump. Trump continues to be stubborn and not give in at all on hist stance about the virus. He repeated just today that if there was no testing nobody would have the virus.

This is the people around him seeing the ship sinking and trying to plug up some holes to no avail.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
i bet he's going to do some wack shit like lead the nation in prayer.
4-D8371-F0-8-FD1-4984-BFE7-7094532-CEDD2.jpg

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Expecting a real time nothingtoseehere.gif

"Virus cured! Everything is back to normal. Thank you President Trump for your leadership! "

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
can't believe the greatest country in the world has no contact tracing system in place

even in my developing country we have a low tech one just plain old interviewing and detective work but it is effective in catching asymptomatic/mild cases
It is pretty crazy. Some states are trying. In Hawaii, my girlfriend is being trained by university of Hawaii for contact tracing.

Wish the federal government took itself a little bit seriously and understood that 1 plan is better than 50 good and bad plans.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
It is pretty crazy. Some states are trying. In Hawaii, my girlfriend is being trained by university of Hawaii for contact tracing.

Wish the federal government took itself a little bit seriously and understood that 1 plan is better than 50 good and bad plans.

how simple it would be to let the CDC handle it, contact tracing should be nationwide , what is going on in America with every state being left by itself

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Dreading this. Because he's going to make everything worse.
Theres zero fucking chance he's going to tell people that "infection numbers are increasing, please wear masks for your own safety, please stay home as much as possible, states need to lockdown, etc." All we're getting is "America is #1 in the world for testing! New Mexico and these other 3 states are going down in infection numbers because I prayed for them and Trump blessed them."

We got a phased "best case scenario" plan from my company a few days ago, and they are already on the verge of making all teleworkers and the entirety of the workforce come back in to work, on the verge of stopping providing extra cleaning supplies in the work area, and on the verge of stopping social distancing and mask wearing.
This bullshit will be the catalyst that gets me and my coworkers sick.
I can see it in my company emails now: "Vice President and Corona Virus Task Force says all Clear!"

Nov 27, 2017
California
RIPence going to use the power of prayer to get us through this
I'm expecting him to say nothing except to stay strong and don't let the virus stop you from living your life

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
My guess is we'll get a suggestion of "wearing masks is important" and "stay home if you can" with no real plan to fix problems or provide funding

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
hopefully trump shows up with all his greatest hits for 2 full hours
u know he wanna

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see if someone requests a statement regarding this chart from yesterday.
For comparison the EU has a population of 450 million and the US has 330 million.
22102.jpeg

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
The irony to that graph is US has reached it's previous peak except in the first situation everything was under 'lockdown' and now everything is trying to be reopened.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I half expect that this will be some weird 'retrospective' look at how they've achieved so much, and all of the great lessons learnt.

The horrible thing is that I'm absolutely joking with the above, but it's actually sounding plausible..

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Lmao what is even the point? They're not going to provide a plan. They're not going to ask for more shutdowns. They're not going to provide economic relief. Hell, they're not even going to say that everyone needs to wear masks. Is Pence just going to come on stage and try to posture that the admin trying killing the ACA is great for COVID? I really have no idea what the end-goal is here, but I have no doubt that it will be really dumb and not actually helpful.