• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
I vastly prefer the comics to the movies.

But the movie version is definitely Del Toro's Hellboy, that's for sure.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
One of the rare situations where I love both interpretations of something. Mignola's is obviously the original, and his art is out of this world amazing. His work is the most important and probably the best overall. But Del Toro did something very different with it, with a warmth that wasn't as present in the comics, and it worked extremely well too.

I didn't see the new movie, the trailers made it look awful. I'll probably check it out at some point out of curiosity.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
has anyone watched Constantine in the last, i dunno, five years? i wanna know if it's still good.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lost respect for Del Toro last week when I watched pans labyrinth again. In the bonus features this man was shitting on Horses. Saying there nasty fucks.

Who hates horses? Only an asshole
Horses are dumb in person though. And kind of jerks. Source: My girlfriend's family owns three.

They're a great way to crack a shoulder or get kicked in the femur.

has anyone watched Constantine in the last, i dunno, five years? i wanna know if it's still good.

eh. It's fine, but it could have been much better.

Oct 27, 2017
In the context of Del Toro making Hellboy 2, he's absolutely correct. His movies were their own thing so trying to draw too many direct motivations from the comic couldn't work. He made the correct choice and Hellboy 2 is fantastic because of it.

Both Comic Hellboy and Del Toro Hellboy are fantastic versions of the same character.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Del Toro definitely did good in the way he handled the characters.

Damn shame we won't get a Hellboy 3 with Blair, Perlman and Jones. The world is poorer for it.

Mar 21, 2018
Love Hellboy 1
Disappointed with Hellboy 2 (although the art direction is awe inspiring)
Couldn't make it past 20 minutes of the reboot

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'm one of those people that doesn't get the point of an adaptation if the creator can say "the character wouldn't do that". Why are you adapting the material then? Just do something else.