• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Good for him, but that channel wouldnt hit those 3m without James. Kinda weird choice of words with 'I' instead of 'we'

Wtf.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Mike Matei is racist?
N14TrHj7Td9EfSsp3QN4MqiAAQ6pt8IJSlg1e_9DDc8.jpg

There is even more.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Oh please.

James makes videos since he's 11, console warrying against Sega Genesis (still my favorite video lol)

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
After all of these years, its still my favorite gaming channel on youtube. Congrats to Mike and James.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, he's probably referring to having literally created the channel on YouTube. AVGN was a thing already before YouTube, since his videos were hosted on GameTrailers before having a YT presence.

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Remember that time he binned Bootsy's appearances on the channel because people liked him much more than Mike?

Such a fragile ego on that cunt.

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
I can't understand those people that hate him because of his racism but also love James. If you are going to call one out then call them both out.

If James is not racist then why does he associate himself with one so much? It's unacceptable.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so proud of preordering God of War and the awards it got because I bought it. Thanks guys for everything. You're the best fans of me.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
WTF he did what now! Damn how come his not been teared down more!?, i never knew this and make we feel said as i like Angry Video Game Nerd videos
I believe some people tried to at least engage him about it, to which he responded with something about how publishers didn't have the balls to publish his comics so he had to do it on his website or something like that.

It's also not new at all, and so the audience when this first started maing the rounds was probably even more apathetic than the ones we have today.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
If indeed that's the now "Cinemassacre" youtube channel he is talking about, that's not really nice for his partner to write "I" since there is no "i" in "team".

Hmm, somehow, since i've been in games almost since their inception, i found their channel a little misleading and embarrassing for "nerds" considering the mistakes, gaps and holes they make by evoking games memories. James clearly don't know as much about games as he seems to know about Godzilla -or classical horror movies- (it's ok, he never wrote he's a living games' encyclopedia).
I lack writing and comedy talent and sure will never put my face or my name on the net, so i am no better than them... but except df retro and a few others, i seldom see anything worthy retro-wise.

When were the comics drawn ? Teen mistake or adult work ? It doesn't seem to be exposing racism by doing racism, just plain poor stupidity creation is my instant reaction from me... but if it was a line of trying to expose the racism by simulating a racist's work then it might be ok... i lack context there.

Krfstk

Banned
May 29, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Excusing racism, antagonizing other members, account still in junior phase
I don't care that he drew that comic. Yes it's racist, and now? A lot of comedy is racist. Does the world stop or something? The channel and content are good. That's what matters. Everybody now-a-days act like if their saints. I promise if u digg deep enough in every snowflake user here, you'll find dirt. Live and let live people. Don't be offended so easily... but I guess I'm from a more chill generation then most folks here. Sometimes it's refreshing to not have an opinion about everything.

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I don't care that he drew that comic. Yes it's racist, and now? A lot of comedy is racist. Does the world stop or something? The channel and content are good. That's what matters. Everybody now-a-days act like if their saints. I promise if u digg deep enough in every snowflake user here, you'll find dirt. Live and let live people. Don't be offended so easily... but I guess I'm from a more chill generation then most folks here. Sometimes it's refreshing to not have an opinion about everything.

Hey Mike.

Dec 2, 2017
Wow 9 posts and you used snowflake in your post.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Get the fuck outta here with this bullshit.

Oct 27, 2017
Bye.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
You sure seem to have an opinion about other people having opinions. Also apathy is not the same as chill

Oct 30, 2017
Ottawa

You shame me with that avatar.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Man...feels very old and that channel still have "JamesNintendoNerd" url.

I knew that Mike indeed create a YT channel for AVGN or ANN, since he's the one that persuaded and insisted James to do the series on Youtube and helped him almost pretty much everything on and behind the scene for AVGN episodes. Now, I'm glad for James Rolfe still able to continue the series and make more contents for Cinemassacre.