• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Debated whether to create this thread, but I think these problems require a light shone on them. Mike Hill is a prominent artist who has worked on multiple AAA games such as Killzone, Horizon, Halo, and Call of Duty, as well as movies such as Blade Runner 2049 and Dune. He is outspoken about his distaste of Pride month and the LGBTQ community. According to Mike, he has suffered essentially no professional repercussions for this.

PSA since people who aren't fans of ERA might end up reading this. This is not "cancel culture". This is using free speech to call an asshole an asshole. This is consumers being educated about what products and practices they choose to support in the free market. This is capitalism to a tee.

Last edited:

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Pathetic. You have to stoop so low to punch down like this—that "horrible, irresponsible, immoral little bullies" line is pure projection

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap that is bad, he's practically asking to get the boot with that attitude. Thanks for flagging it up, hopefully whoever plans to hire him look elsewhere, not like there's a lack of talented artists out there.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Mike Hill when he's fired from whatever project he's currently working on and when he can't find the amount of work he used to get:

PLTZJRh.gif

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"No one is using race, gender or sexuality to judge humans, only you."

My dude, what are you on about?
I bet he's upset with the term "straight white male" being used as a negative term or some stupid shit... I dunno, fuck the guy.
If anyone is upset about being called that.... they seriously need to see that clip of boondocks and realize the privilege we have.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
the orson scott card school of science fiction world building, I see.

Geek

Nov 8, 2017
Damn, I really like this guy's art and his lectures on film, but he's gone full COVID conspiracy nut/anti-vaxx is apparently a major bigot!

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
That was a whole lot worse than I expected, damn. What an asshole, I hope he gets fucked royally.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Damn this dude is immensely talented and he fucking sucks. An absolute waste. Very disappointing. I wonder where all this misguided rage is coming from.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
the bigger those productions (movies/games) get the more likely to employ a lot of bigots and shitheads who will fly under the radar.

companies should do way more to ensure their culture is very against those middle aged views and people who are like this feels very unwelcomed and pressured to not be there.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
what does Mike think of the droves of documented hate crimes exactly? Seems like just a smokescreen because he hates these people

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Fucked up takes he has. Shine the light and perhaps he'll learn something about his shitty takes.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utter POS...

Hopefully people on twitter have forwarded this to all the companies that employ him.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Honestly, he's right about one thing, lately I see a lot more anti LGTBQ talk online and it's very very worrying. Here in Spain, a country that used to be very tolerant, the TERF Anti-trans movement has grown a lot, even in some sectors of the left, it's ridiculous and scary.

I hope this guy doesn't ever get employed by any of the companies he's worked for again.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
So let's see if we can't challenge that "I haven't suffered professionally" aspect, shall we?

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anti-lbgt did not prepare me for Anti-Mask, not believing Hate Speech exists and then insinuating that there is no Racism/Racial Prejudice…only then to go on and say how MLK Jr. had actual protests… like muh dude what did you think he was protesting?

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
User banned (permanent): excusing homophobia, prior severe ban for transphobia
Yes this is so strange. He has the chance to change but maybe he has to change a lot in his life; maybe he is living in some super conservative shithole and has issues with himself wanting to come out. If you are angry on gay people there is a big chance you are gay yourself IMHO.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
"No one cares, which is why I'm constantly bitching about it on Instagram"