• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Today, we made the decision to relieve Mike Babcock of his coaching duties and named Sheldon Keefe our new head coach," Maple Leafs president Brendan Shanahan said in the team's press release. "Over parts of the last five seasons, Mike has played an integral role in changing the direction of our franchise."

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-fire-head-coach-mike-babcock/

Honestly, I don't understand why they ever gave him such a high salary. I am a Red Wings fan myself and to be honest I think a big reason why he was successful with them was because of how great their roster was (they came off of 3 Cups with Scotty Bowman) and once their talent started to fade they were just barely a playoff team. What are NHL ERA's thoughts on the matter?

Oct 26, 2017
Dubas isn't the one anchoring Rielly with Ceci for half a game, or putting out the fourth line when they're down by a goal with three minutes left.

Babcock was done.
I'm not saying Babcock is without fault. There's more than enough blame to go around. Imo the Leafs have regressed as a team under Dubas and he's definitely next on the chopping block if things don't turn around.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Hockey is the worst offender that if a team struggles the coach is sacked. Whatever happened to giving someone a chance to pull through.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I wonder if Garrett Sparks or any of the other players let go by him are laughing.

They will bounce back, the team is stacked. Look at Edmonton, up and down and back up. Having talent is one thing, you have to get the chemistry to gel.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Garrett Sparks or any of the other players let go by him are laughing.

They will bounce back, the team is attacked. Look at Edmonton, up and down and back up. Having talent is one thing, you have to get the chemistry to gel.

Sparks doesn't have anyone to blame. Just didn't play well.

Something needed to change, team has been terrible.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Good. This is the pecking order so now the heat is on the rest of them. I think they improve.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As long as Tavares never wins anything, I'm happy.

Hopefully the team is mired in mediocrity until he retires.