• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Never played the original, but I'm holding on this one. I believe it's going to hit Bargain Bin/eShop sales pretty quick.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I hope they also eventually bring Ever Oasis over. The game was unfortunately sent to die on the 3DS.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
>reads about Ever Oasis on this thread
>looks at sealed copy bought cheap on impulse đź‘€

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Is this game fun without friends? It seems very socially oriented, but I'm hoping that's just the marketing

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I loved the demo on 3DS but never got round to a full purchase. Will definitely pick this up when it's reduced a bit.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Is this game fun without friends? It seems very socially oriented, but I'm hoping that's just the marketing
Yes, it's a single-player game. You can download other people's Miis, or create your own. Creating the cast and watching their relationships unfold is the meat of the game, really. It's a fairly basic adventure underneath.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For Smash Ultimate, I had to scan in an amiibo I wasn't using much of anymore and scan onto the Switch one by one so I could have my Mii Fighters. If there was a way to trade Onine, that'd help mitigate some of the transfering.

Oh I didn't know that was possible with Smash via Amiibo!

Monster Hunter also allows you to transfer from 3DS to Switch via an App. It is definitely possible if Nintendo wanted to.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
At this price, I hope it fails so hard that the ghost of Sushi Strikers comes back and haunt whoever at Nintendo thought this was a good idea.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
My son loves Miitopia on his 3DS and I was excited by the prospect of getting this for him on the switch but at that price?! Get out of here.
If they added Tomodachi life to the package for that price then that would be a good deal, otherwise it should be 20 at the most.

Mar 18, 2020
I loved Miitopia and I had some pretty funny Mii party members. Unfortunately it's all Demon Slayer characters now.

50 bucks is too much but people saying 20 are equally misguided. You don't do ports to lose money (although they will and it will definitely be in bargain bins)

That said there are way too many ports being done in Japan these days and the publishers don't seem to understand which ports would be well received, or what the sweet spot is.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Legit thought this was gonna be a free app, and then they say it's up for preorder, and then say it's 50$. Welp, that's that I guess.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
I loved it on 3DS. It feels like a very Nintendo take on jrpg, it is very funny and also surprinsingly lengthy. In a way I found Ring Fit adventure to be some kind of spiritual successor : in terms of rpg mechanics it is very streamlined but it works wonderfully as its own thing.
Also that's the perfect game to play if you missed your beloved ones who are far away lol

Oct 30, 2017
I played this on 3DS. The game is quite lengthy to beat and has some extra stuff to do after too. It's a very charming game but it gets quite repetitive. Honestly I thought it should have been a more compact e-shop game for $20 back then, would have worked much better in that format.

Not gonna double dip unless the game crashes and burns like Sushi Striker and can be bought for sub $20. Or it has more new stuff than different hair colors and a horse.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Of all the cool 3DS games they could have ported, they chose Miitopia. That's certainly a decision.

Oct 27, 2017
i got the 3ds version due to a price error reported by wario 64, so for like 10 bucks, and it was a decently fun, INSANELY REPETITIVE time for that, but i cannot imagine myself plopping down 50 bucks for it.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly thought this was going to be turned into a F2P/F2S game for the Switch when the footage started playing for it.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
$50 is expensive, but for that price I expect them to pull my old Miis from my nintendo account

...tho I assume they aren't there

ok, from my 3ds?

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
.... this is Grezzo's new project?!

Miitopia before Samus Returns, Link Between Worlds, Kid Icarus, MM/OOT... Nintendo never fails to surprise lol

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
I loved it on 3DS. It feels like a very Nintendo take on jrpg, it is very funny and also surprinsingly lengthy. In a way I found Ring Fit adventure to be some kind of spiritual successor : in terms of rpg mechanics it is very streamlined but it works wonderfully as its own thing.
Also that's the perfect game to play if you missed your beloved ones who are far away lol
Ring Fit actually is a spiritual successor in a sense, both games share the same development team! Nice catch :)

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
.... this is Grezzo's new project?!

Miitopia before Samus Returns, Link Between Worlds, Kid Icarus, MM/OOT... Nintendo never fails to surprise lol
Yeah, tbh I'm hoping this sets a precedent for more 3DS ports, I love Miitopia but would have killed for Kid Icarus or Link Between Worlds to show up.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Good game, pretty short and absolutely no reasons to double-dip.
I imagine it was just a way to stuff up the release schedule a bit

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Of all 3ds exclusive games this is the one Nintendo decided to give the hd treatment.

We will be getting metroid federation force hd before the year ends, I bet.

Oct 28, 2017
I loved Miitopia and have already preordered the Switch version. I really hope they did enough to make the reentry fee worth it, but honestly it is such a good game that "Malibu Stacy With New Hat Horse" is enough to sell it for me.

I sure hope there's a way of using your friends in this game, since the Switch can't read the detailed QR codes that the 3DS could generate and read. Might finally have to change my pinned message (my Miitopia QR code) on Twitter dot com after all these years.

All these mentions of Ever Oasis are warming my cockles! What a great game that was sent to die. I would love to see a remake or preferably sequel since the first game had an awful lot of potential but also had a ton of minor QoL issues that could add up fast. My last play through also got hit with the Wakuto Canyon Exploration glitch so that left a sour taste in my mouth.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I now fully believe Nintendo is having fun testing how far they can push the most egregious pricing for old ports until one of them fails to become a million seller.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
It's also weird that the entire thing is based around Miis

Can you even make Miis on the Switch?

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I really enjoyed Miitopia but can't believe they're charging that much. I figured this was a new game in the series when I saw a tweet about it (wasn't able to watch the Direct). Absurd price.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
My daughter loved this game on the 3DS, of course she was excited to hear about this. I just don't know if there's enough new stuff to warrant the price tag.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
I really enjoyed this game when it released on 3DS, but out of that triple threat of "3DS releases that should have just been pushed to Switch" of summer 2017, Ever Oasis is the one I would have thought could get a second chance on Switch, not this one.

This alongside Mario Golf spending time talking about being able to use Miis makes me think someone at Nintendo randomly decided that they want more Mii representation on Switch. Maybe Switch Sports will happen after all.