• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Coming to the PS4/Xbox One/Switch/ and PC going by the ratings board.

Since 2011, players have been shooting, jumping, and solving level-switching puzzles across Planet Land as cybernetic peacekeeper Officer Patricia Wagon in the Mighty Switch Force! games. So far, however, the series has never appeared on PlayStation systems — but that's about to change.

Finally, the Mighty Switch Force! titles are coming to PS4 on July 25, and better yet, it's in the form of Mighty Switch Force! Collection, which features all four mainline Mighty Switch Force! games in one convenient package. At last, fans can enjoy the games' unique puzzle-platforming action in the same place, at the same time, all on a single system.

Mighty Switch Force! Collection contains four full games: Mighty Switch Force!, Mighty Switch Force! 2, Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition, and Mighty Switch Force! Academy. As series creative director Matt Bozon explains it, the original Mighty Switch Force! was conceived as a showcase for stereoscopic 3D visuals, so the idea of an action-platformer with multiple layers of depth was born. Initially, the idea was to allow Officer Wagon to use her Siren Helmet to "switch" blocks between four distinct layers to solve brain-bending level-navigation puzzles, and though that was changed to two layers during development, the overall concept remained (and it made the gameplay work equally well even without stereoscopic 3D effects).

With four complete games, more than 70 levels, plenty of challenge, and level-switching gameplay for up to four players, Mighty Switch Force! Collection offers a wealth of content for only $19.99, and it's a great way to experience the entire mainline series, whether you've been there since the beginning or you're discovering it for the first time. Mighty Switch Force! Collection is scheduled to arrive at PlayStation Store on July 25.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
They reference the Switch in the actual trailer yet it's a PS4-specific one due it being hosted on Sony's channel. That's legit funny! LOL

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
This leaked on a ratings board a while ago, it's coming to XB1 & Switch as well.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling there would be a collection of this series, and I'm interested.

Weird that Wayforward is treating the original game and the HDE as separate entries, though, based on the trailer.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Mighty Switch Force 2 has one of the best end credits themes in the business

tumblr_mvvuvck9A61rsnlxpo3_500.gif

Set the world aflame~ Gonna Light it up~ Are you Ready~

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling there would be a collection of this series, and I'm interested.

Weird that Wayforward is treating the original game and the HDE as separate entries, though, based on the trailer.
I reckon there's some people out there who still prefer the pixels over the redrawn art, plus the HD version has some exclusive content.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
For what it's worth, there is one other MSF game that's not on this collection but it's a junky iOS puzzle game, you won't be missing anything crucial.

Academy was an early-access game that it felt like they kinda just gave up on, I wonder if it's being touched up at all.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Woah, they had 4 of these games? I thought there was just one that they repackaged. Learn something new everyday!

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
So perfect for the switch that its coming two times for it?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
"Mighty Switch Force Collection for Nintendo Switch©" releasing on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

:p

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Nice

Never got to buy or play any of them , now I will

Here's hoping this leads to a shantae collection with the original Shantae which is locked to gameboy and 3DS eshop

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice both 1 and Hyper Drive are in there, thought they would just put HD so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Great! Was hoping it was getting a physical copy, but hopefully it comes later.
Been wanting to try these games for a while now.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Loved Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2 on my Wii U and 3DS. I will definitely pick this up at some point after it comes out.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
But ...Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition is literally just Mighty Switch Force in HD with hand drawn art ....this ain't no four games, guys. Two of them are the exact same game lol.