• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
So the comic starts with a flashback to 10k years ago showing a group of guardians (rangers) fighting a slaver. One the guardians is revealed to be Zordon

SmQw3w4.png

The new Green Ranger shows up again but his identity isn't revealed, and so far he has said very little.

and interestingly enough it ends with Skull's girlfriend being revealed as someone from Eltar, Zordon's planet, though her "mission" is not revealed, just that things are "moving quickly." I can't help but wonder if she is one of the rangers from Zordon's team, or maybe a new generation of those guardians.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty dope I like that lol. More Zordon stuff? The better.

OP
OP
Kard8p3

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty dope I like that lol. More Zordon stuff? The better.

Finally getting to know why Zordon of Eltar is so hyped will be nice

We had seen him in a physical form before, in MMPR there was a flashback of him being present with Rita's mother during her birth, and him promising to protect the baby from her evil father. Though he was not dressed in armor or anything, and very little ended up coming from that.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's cool to see more of the lore come out in the comic books, I'd hope that any big budget adaptations going forward tap into that.

OP
OP
Kard8p3

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a reboot of the MMPR comic or is this a separate series

It is sequel.

They are splitting it into "mighty Morphin" and "power rangers" MM follows the MMPR gang, and power rangers (not yet released) will follow the omega rangers. This is because Go Go eventually caught up with MMPR chronologically and this was the best way to get both teams.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
We pretty much know who the new Green Ranger is tho.

Honestly I've loved nearly every moment from the comic series (MMPR, GoGo, Shattered Grid and even the spin offs).

OP
OP
Kard8p3

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
We pretty much know who the new Green Ranger is tho.

Honestly I've loved nearly every moment from the comic series (MMPR, GoGo, Shattered Grid and even the spin offs).

They haven't hard confirmed it yet. This issue had the confirmation of Drakkon "still being in his cell" (via energy reading) when the green ranger is shown. Though I bet Billy is somehow tricking the sensor to cover for Drakkon.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I know it wouldn't make sense but when I look at the yellow/gold one I think Goldar.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
They haven't hard confirmed it yet. This issue had the confirmation of Drakkon "still being in his cell" (via energy reading) when the green ranger is shown. Though I bet Billy is somehow tricking the sensor to cover for Drakkon.
Going by one of the ratio variants for this issue, I think it's more likely the case that the new Green Ranger is an android based off of Drakkon or remotely operated with restrictions.

OP
OP
Kard8p3

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Going by one of the ratio variants for this issue, I think it's more likely the case that the new Green Ranger is an android based off of Drakkon or remotely operated with restrictions.

Oh shit I hadn't seen that. I'll need to go check it out.

I was partly hoping it was going to be Matt, tutored by Drakkon tbh.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Peace Conference that wrote out Jason, Trini and Zack in the show was a screen to send them to a dangerous mission in Space.

They were granted new Ranger Powers, They're the Omega Rangers.
HzEHDzgPDBK58ivPfjjx5OTJ1hwmkKDJkj-DFA3TmqCRbkfs2PDrDFdAdDoT1SdO2lZKIfnhg4pDNC8eF_vHb7y_Imw9l3cHFI61zL4BNCkjQrILChBAfSb0XaoAxDN3HeBomK3aHPKBpRfDPJ0jiWbHN2xt93ZE_7BycWXDu828mECHOJLbOFYBSlpVvLuQcbTbIajBiqwMH3rTZn8YM5PLYKm6XUc-wj1J
It's what happend when trini, Zack, and Jason left for their "peace conference". Really a secret space mission and they became a new team.
Jason, Zack, and Trini become intergalactic level rangers and report to a stronger authority than Zordon. They are very powerful.

I really need to catch up, i stop reading at the start of BtG.

OP
OP
Kard8p3

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that stood out to me instantly.

Well we HAD seen Goldar's past (and his brother) in a flashback when they swore allegiance to Zedd, but obviously something may have happened before that.

powerrangers.fandom.com

Silverback

For the character from Power Rangers S.P.D., see Sergeant Silverback. Silverback was Goldar's gorilla-like brother who first appeared in the story "Only the Strong" from the 2016 Annual Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comic by Boom! Studios. Silverback was Goldar's older brother who had earned many...

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
They should fast forward and make Hexagon a thing so more Rangers can be involved. I understand there's almost no more significant storyline to PR than the Zordon Era (MMPR through Space) but maybe we can give other teams big storylines now.

OP
OP
Kard8p3

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
They should fast forward and make Hexagon a thing so more Rangers can be involved. I understand there's almost no more significant storyline to PR than the Zordon Era (MMPR through Space) but maybe we can give other teams big storylines now.

They are doing animated stuff now too, IIRC. So they very well may, just not in comic form at the moment.

OP
OP
Kard8p3

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
So, Power Rangers #1 (about the omega rangers) released today and...

They break Drakkon out of Zordon's cell, beating the shit out of Alpha in the process. Zordon calls it a betrayal and looks PISSED and "will not hesitate to unleash everything at [his] disposal to stop [them].

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
I really need to read the recent Power Ranger comics. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

What's the easiest way to catch up? Are they on Comixology, or do they have their own app or something?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

They break Drakkon out of Zordon's cell, beating the shit out of Alpha in the process. Zordon calls it a betrayal and looks PISSED and "will not hesitate to unleash everything at [his] disposal to stop [them].

Man that phone call to make Jason Zeo Gold a couple years later will be pre-tty awkward now

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is Zordon alive in the comic books? I thought he died in the TV series, somewhere around the end of In Space maybe? Some sort of big heroic dispersed throughout the cosmos kind of deal? Although I'm not clear on when the comic books take place in the timeline...

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Wait, is Zordon alive in the comic books? I thought he died in the TV series, somewhere around the end of In Space maybe? Some sort of big heroic dispersed throughout the cosmos kind of deal? Although I'm not clear on when the comic books take place in the timeline...

Comics take place during the series

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to read this comic. My son has been wanting to pick them up.
Any good collections or just regular standard tpbs?

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Comics take place during the series
So wait, is the comic following the series closely?

That means they will follow that plot point about the characters becoming kids, and one of the replacements being a kid from the paste aged up, or something (One thread about the series the other day mentioned)
I guess that'd be... interesting. A way to bridge those sudden changes.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017

That means they will follow that plot point about the characters becoming kids, and one of the replacements being a kid from the paste aged up, or something (One thread about the series the other day mentioned)
They've reinterpreted things. It's not a 1:1 adaptation.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

They've reinterpreted things. It's not a 1:1 adaptation.

No, it's supposed to follow the series' events (aside from incorporating modern technology/fashion), but the comic itself is always focused on aftermatches of events of the show or stories that are supposed to happen between events of the show. It doesn't actually focus on the events of the show themselves. For a while there were two comics, one in the early episodes, before the green ranger, another right after Tommy joined. Then after some completely self-contained events, they timeskipped to after the power transfer, with the current status of two separate teams and the "Peace Conference" actually being a secret mission.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

The comics take the gigantic task to try and turn all the BS corporate decisions into cool stuff.

So far theyve mostly succeeded. Like these comics turn freaking Scorpina into a cool character and explain her sudden disappearance from the show by placing her into a really interesting setting.

Plus she got a pretty awesome redesign

OP
OP
Kard8p3

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to read this comic. My son has been wanting to pick them up.
Any good collections or just regular standard tpbs?

Get all of the "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" and "Go Go" issues. They are linked chronologically, Go Go taking place a little before MM and it eventually catches up. After that, the new comics are "Mighty Morphin" and "Power Rangers", these seem to be running alongside of each other. I use comixology, but if you can I'd recommend supporting your local comic store.

I really need to read the recent Power Ranger comics. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

What's the easiest way to catch up? Are they on Comixology, or do they have their own app or something?

Yeah I use comixology, sadly I have no local comic stores.

Last edited:

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

Guys should have brought their own handcuffs & a gag for good measure.