• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well just about every school has gone virtual/distance learning tomorrow here around Tulsa, Oklahoma. I work from home anyway and my wife's school is also virtual. So I guess we're having a snow day tomorrow!
All schools announced virtual learning today aswell, I just realized virtual learning has ruined snow days for every kid out there haha

kukubrew

Nov 7, 2017
So far just wet in Michigan's Oakland county. Works open so I drove in. Nothing crazy at all, but a lot less people on the road. Gonna keep an eye out in case it turns and need to head home early.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
So far just wet in Michigan's Oakland county. Works open so I drove in. Nothing crazy at all, but a lot less people on the road. Gonna keep an eye out in case it turns and need to head home early.

Same in Washtenaw. Temps high enough that nothing's accumulating. Looks like tomorrow's probabilities are dropping too.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, looks like it's not gonna be AS bad as it was looking here in central Illinois.

Snow started way later than originally forecast. Which puts us in the position where it's not really that bad out NOW, but if we go to work and it gets worse, now we're stuck out in it. Hmm...

EDIT: Welp, work just texted that we are closed. So, that's that. Snow dayyyyyyy!

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Bloomington IL here, and the wind seems to be picking up quite a bit and the snow seems to be coming down a lot more than when I woke up at 6:30. I really hope people don't try driving to work thinking the worst has passed.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's currently too warm for snow in Ohio. All I have a whole lot of rain this morning.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Central Texas here, everyone is prepping Snowpocolypse 2.0 even though we are expected to get way less than most of the country. Pray for our stupid power grid.

Shades

Oct 27, 2017
Currently in the bullseye of the storm in Michigan

It honestly just seems like regular late January - February - Not sure what the fuss is about

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
They're calling for 0.5-1.0 inches of ice down here in southern Indiana.. not much you can do to prepare for that other than get firewood, have non perishables at the ready etc. Hoping we don't lose power. Would much prefer to get the higher end of snow than ice because then at least the power most likely won't go out.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Just started raining here this morning the power is flickering and out in some places near me already but we are getting the worse of it tonight. Not a good sign of things to come.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
North Chicago here, so far its just relentless but light snow but we definitely got at least four inches overnight. My girlfriend on the south side is getting hammered though

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Boss seemed upset I didn't go in today. Sorry man but the second my car starts sliding more than driving normally I'm out.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Ugg- so much rain that wasn't absorbed- it going to be a slush, icy mess when it is over. I prefer to have the 12-18" of snow over less that 10" but frozen into icy soup.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Central Texas here, everyone is prepping Snowpocolypse 2.0 even though we are expected to get way less than most of the country. Pray for our stupid power grid.

If we do lose power, the silver lining is Beto has a shot at the governor's race.

I do think there will be outages, bust outside of localized trees taking down power lines I don't think there will be as much outages due to generation. Not because the grid got better but because it's not going to be cold enough in most of the state to freeze natural gas pipelines.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago NW. Cleaned out driveway twice already. It was either that or wait for the snow to pile up and make my snowblower useless. I made a mistake of not buying the big one.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuck. So much shoveling. And will have to do it all over again tomorrow. Think we got around 6-7 inches. (SE MI)

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Macomb County hit with only baby tier levels of snow. Certainly no Snowpocalypse.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Not much snow here in where I live in Michigan, sort of hope we start getting more soon.

Or is Michigan done?

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Over on the Columbus reddit page some folks are now using all the weather models and looking at the future weather and thinking what they are seeing is going to happen.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Done shoveling. Hopefully that's the end for today.

Might get icy tomm, might need to scrape the sidewalks.

YsFaEJz.png