• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Doesn't it seem like Dr Disrespect is kinda putting the cart before the horse? You don't just announce that your a AAA studio until you have actually done it with results. This screams like nothing but a PR move.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
This is a dude that went into a bathroom at E3 2019 and livestreamed people relieving themselves. And now he's making more money than ever and opening a game studio.

Failing upwards is a really shitty thing to see play out. I always hate seeing people being rewarded for bad, scumbag behavior.
As far as I remember he livestreamed himself, in a public toilet. It's semantics ofcourse, but those convey different intentions.
One is stupidity and arrogance, the other is creepy.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know Doc has had experience in development (SHG I think?) but I'd love to see what he can come up with after the amount moaning and whining he does about other developers attempts.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Boy that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. (fourzerotwo) MW2 flashbacks.

Good luck to them.

AwkwardWizard

Oct 27, 2017
A quick reminder:

kotaku.com

Dr Disrespect's Shtick Takes A Dangerous Turn Into Spreading Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

During a stream today, Guy “Dr Disrespect” Beahm, whose 4 million followers make him one of the most popular streamers on Twitch, shared two pieces of widely debunked coronavirus-related media with his viewers. Many viewers reacted with shock and disappointment. Others cheered him on. He never...

kotaku.com

Dr Disrespect Calls Criticism Of His Mock Chinese Accent ‘Laughable'

Possibly the most popular streamer on Twitch, Dr Disrespect was called out yesterday by musician Jimmy Wong for acting racist based on a series of clips compiled by the latter in which Disrespect caricatures Chinese accents and language. During a recent stream, Disrespect fired back by saying...

This.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Joining the studio behind a Covid denier and conspiracy theory spreading idiot is "divine in origin"? Okay dude.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Midnight Society
Gravity Falls
FireWalk Studios
Embark Studios

With already established Big studios behind franchises like Fortnite, Warzone, Apex, Halo, Valo etc...

Competitive FPS will be charged and I'm all for that.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Does every new hire have to submit a story for the approval of the Midnight Society?

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
It's a shame Quinn DelHoyo is not working on Halo Infinite anymore.

He's basically one of the Infinite (perfect) sandbox father.

Also reading he's joining Dr. Disrespect (who's the only one seriously bitching about HI lack of a Battle Royale mode) is a stab in the heart.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly surprised that Dr Disrespect would want to dive back into the game dev industry considering how much money he makes streaming.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't it seem like Dr Disrespect is kinda putting the cart before the horse? You don't just announce that your a AAA studio until you have actually done it with results. This screams like nothing but a PR move.
That's not really an uncommon thing though.
Regardless I'm guessing the "AAA" is probably tongue in cheek.

Griffy

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they are trying to crowdsource testing so they don't have to pay people for QA 🤷‍♂️

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
A quick reminder:

kotaku.com

Dr Disrespect's Shtick Takes A Dangerous Turn Into Spreading Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

During a stream today, Guy “Dr Disrespect” Beahm, whose 4 million followers make him one of the most popular streamers on Twitch, shared two pieces of widely debunked coronavirus-related media with his viewers. Many viewers reacted with shock and disappointment. Others cheered him on. He never...

kotaku.com

Possibly the most popular streamer on Twitch, Dr Disrespect was called out yesterday by musician Jimmy Wong for acting racist based on a series of clips compiled by the latter in which Disrespect caricatures Chinese accents and language. During a recent stream, Disrespect fired back by saying...

Yup, Doc is a fucking scumbag. Of course, this would be more of an issue in this case if I believed this studio was ever going to get a game out the door. Which I do not.

FelixFFM

Nov 7, 2017
Interested how this will play out. Personally, I think crowd-development doesn't work at all and is a terrible principle to base your studio on. But we'll see.
By that, I mean involving your playerbase in the core design and getting their input on every decision. I don't think anything good will come from that. Plus, elite FPS players are a pretty whiny bunch. It would not be great for anyone's mental health to be working with them on the daily.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Since he was a map designer on advanced warfare I look forward to seeing what their first IP looks like.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly surprised that Dr Disrespect would want to dive back into the game dev industry considering how much money he makes streaming.
From what I understand he is only peripherally involved in the day to day. The actual studio head is Robert Bowling according to the website. I assume Doc is gonna be more of a PR Guy/Hype Man.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Doc's a fucking idiot, but back when I used to watch his content, he plays games in a way that is conducive to fast, frenetic, risk-taking plays and often lost fights in favor of trying to pull off fun-looking plays. I'm sure whatever he's got in the mind will be the opposite of slow, camping, gimmick-filled combat. But then again I'm not going to support it. I wish there was literally anybody else with that mentality forming a studio haha

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
A quick reminder:

kotaku.com

kotaku.com

Welp, fuck him. The doctor is OUT.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well this is not something I expected to ever read. I have a feeling this is going to be your standard f2p game studio though. Could probably sell a bunch of stuff with disrespect branding

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I still think 343 losing Quinn is massive. The MP had absolutely no direction or quality until he joined the studio. I'm sure it wasn't all him, but damn.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Nickelodeon didn't have anything to say about that?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Certainly saved me some time giving me the heads up that this is a studio to ignore completely.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
midnight-are-you-afraid-of-the-dark.gif

Their first game

THE TALE OF THE RESTROOM STREAMER

Kazen

May 31, 2019
Doc's vision on what a good FPS should be is actually pretty good.

They can in theory create a pretty good game.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Doc is a tool, but Bowling and Quinn know their shit. Don't think I'll be buying it but I guess I'm interested to see what they make. Though this "Day Zero" thing sounds like BS. I'm guessing what it means is whatever they make will be released in a very rough, early state and they'll rely on the free QA of their community.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I wouldn't expect Dr. Disrepect to exaggerate like that. How out of character!

ffframe

alt account
Banned
Nov 29, 2021
Not really seeing how they expect to utilize fan feedback. Are fans going to be funding the studio somehow to buy voting stake or something?

If not, it sounds like they expect their community to do a lot of free focus testing. Sometimes design by committee and being too quick to address fan feedback can be a bad thing.