• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I really can't see that tpm 2.0 thing sticking. It's going to break so many computers, especially laptops. There's going to be a lot of businesses that are going to be pissed.

Android Apps on Windows is nice.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
This is surprising. And in a partnership with Amazon? Weird.

This still shows the strength of Apple where they now don't need emulation to bring phone apps or another company.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So my PC I built a few months ago can't run windows 11? According to this health check thing...

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
Android apps on windows 11 is their answer to iOS apps on Mac eh? not sure how well they would work due to different hardware platforms.

but Apple's solution is quite limited on the selection of apps....

Nice to see some competition so Apple can get their shit together on this front.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well it's Amazon App Store so not everything I would guess although I'm not sure how they differ.

Oct 29, 2017
We got like six "products" in quick succession there, and each product was a different thing.

I hope one day I care about something as much as Panos cares about products.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
This is surprising. And in a partnership with Amazon? Weird.

This still shows the strength of Apple where they now don't need emulation to bring phone apps or another company.

iOS apps on Mac OS is not great to be honest. I tried using them and have stopped. Developer feedback seems to be similar

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Update is looking really good. A lot of stuff I've been missing (yes, including the Disney+ app).

I hope it works well and doesn't kill my bluetooth drivers

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
The Health Check thing is useless, don't bother with it. It doesn't tell you anything useful.

Oct 29, 2017
so they are doing this for the compliance regarding the federal government suit with anti-competition. Having android and Amazon app stores shows that Microsoft is open

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Problem is no one makes Android apps for anything but phones, either.
I don't know a single Android app I would want to use in Windows with a mouse and keyboard. This whole show was a huge disappointment. Rewrite Windows you cowards, don't add some new features leaving all the old shit you don't touch in the dust.