• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
It looks like Activision was shopping themselves around.

Would you rather have them end up at Amazon, Google, Apple, or Facebook?

At least with Microsoft you've got options to play these games without buying their dedicated box. You've got PC, Mobile, Tablets, and looks like the several Smart TVs that are going to be giving you access.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
It still blows my mind that people still act like timed exclusives is no big deal. You can tell it's people that don't have to deal with "timed exclusives". When was the last time you waited 2-3 years to play a game you really wanted to and was just totally cool with it? My guess is, if you were ever in that situation, you'd just buy that console it was on since you are an adult with a job no doubt, which, well is kind of the point of timed exclusives.

Cuphead. It was no big deal to wait. Or rather, not so big a deal that I would've wanted Sony or Nintendo to outright buy MDHR.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
I'll put it this way, since admittedly most games that became timed exclusive to XB don't matter to me enough to really move the needle. If a game that REALLY MATTERED to me like (for argument's sake) Psychonauts 2 came out timed exclusive on Xbox, I would bitch for a while but I would still wait the year and play it when it was available to me. I would also bitch because I wouldn't be able to avoid spoilers for a whole year, but I would wait.

But if, say, the entire Final Fantasy series went permanently Xbox exclusive, I would just quit gaming entirely. I honestly don't care enough about this hobby anymore to have one of the only large franchises I care about completely change platforms and force me to spend $600 on a second console I don't want just to play it. I don't want to have two gigantic-ass consoles (not to mention the Switch I almost never touch) fighting for shelf space, I don't want to deal with two (or more) shitty online service taxes, and I don't want to deal with losing my entire digital and physical game library due to switching primary consoles. So I would walk away from the hobby entirely rather than deal with it.

I'm certainly not any better than you, lol. I'm pretty much burned out on this hobby wholesale and the only thing that matters to me right now is FFXVI not being garbage.
Can you please put the post in context to an Xbox user who now has no say in where the mainline FF games go?

Should they quit their hobby or buy a PlayStation?

and if the argument is that PlayStation had been the home for FF games prior, what about Nintendo fans prior to that?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Cuphead. It was no big deal to wait. Or rather, not so big a deal that I would've wanted Sony or Nintendo to outright buy MDHR.
Well people have varying differences in interest in games I suppose. If I am super excited about a game, like FF16, I'll want to play it as soon as possible. It's even more fun when I can get on era and follow along with live reactions as they happen with others playing the game.

I don't know how excited you were about Cuphead, but, I'm guessing not as excited as I am about FF16 or you wouldn't have waited as long as you did.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
not that hard to grasp and again, I said in that context. If your a COD only play or something and only have a PS5, well ya gonna suck for you. If you havent cemented your decision, buts up in the air. If your on PC, or xbox, it benefits you. My point is that a shake up like this pushes businesses to do different things. Sony may develop its own successful fps, or innovate in its offerings to 3rd party devs and so on.

Then theres the context of what does this mean for 3-10 years down the line. One can make an argument for either for or against it but no one can definitively claim anything :)
Just seems a little on the nose to be highlighting that this could be a good thing for Sony because now they can develop their own titles and studios...when this thread is about... yeah. 😂

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
We will all be laughing in 5 years when there is an ad from exclusived franchise "X game makes its triumphant return to Playstation". That or the era of Sony is done and they'll be bought out by someone or Sega-ed.

:]

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Come on, lets not be disingenuous. You're trying to equate a small indy game that came out of nowhere against some the largest decades old franchises in gaming history like Final Fantasy and Street Fighter.

Well technically Sony had that relationship with Square and Capcom since PS1 so it's not like the precedent didn't exist. Most people were playing them on Playstation consoles to begin with.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can you please put that above post in context to an Xbox user who now has no say in where the mainline FF games go?

Should they quit their hobby or buy a PlayStation?

If they're in as dire straits as I am right now, we'd both probably be better served by quitting this cursed-ass hobby.

I can only hope you're actually getting games that you care about on your console of choice in FF's absence, because I'm not. I do legitimately hope you get your XIV port soon though. Once they finish ironing out the login server/data center capacity issues, that is...

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I'll put it this way, since admittedly most games that became timed exclusive to XB don't matter to me enough to really move the needle. If a game that REALLY MATTERED to me like (for argument's sake) Psychonauts 2 came out timed exclusive on Xbox, I would bitch for a while but I would still wait the year and play it when it was available to me. I would also bitch because I wouldn't be able to avoid spoilers for a whole year, but I would wait.

But if, say, the entire Final Fantasy series went permanently Xbox exclusive, I would just quit gaming entirely. I honestly don't care enough about this hobby anymore to have one of the only large franchises I care about completely change platforms and force me to spend $600 on a second console I don't want just to play it. I don't want to have two gigantic-ass consoles (not to mention the Switch I almost never touch) fighting for shelf space, I don't want to deal with two (or more) shitty online service taxes, and I don't want to deal with losing my entire digital and physical game library due to switching primary consoles. So I would walk away from the hobby entirely rather than deal with it.

I'm certainly not any better than you, lol. I'm pretty much burned out on this hobby wholesale and the only thing that matters to me right now is FFXVI not being garbage.
I've noticed across multiple posts of yours you mention having to pay $600 for a console. What country do you live in where they're that expensive?

ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
Kind of ridiculous that Facebook was ordered to sell an acquisition as small as Giphy because it could harm users but that the largest US tech deal should easily pass.

By Cat Zakrzewski
Today at 6:18 p.m. EST

When Google announced in 2019 that it would acquire Fitbit for $2 billion, lawmakers didn't hide their frustration.

"By attempting this deal at this moment, Google is signaling that it will continue to flex and expand its power despite this immense scrutiny," Rep. David N. Cicilline, chairman of the House Judiciary antitrust subcommittee, said in a statement the same day the deal was announced.

But more than 24 hours after Microsoft announced its plans to purchase Activision for nearly $70 billion, aggressive trustbusters in Congress were uncharacteristically quiet. Core sponsors of antitrust legislation targeting the tech industry, including Cicilline, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) and Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) did not immediately comment to The Post on the deal.

The silence underscores how Microsoft has carved out a distinct reputation among policymakers, distancing itself from the political scrutiny embroiling its top competitors in Washington. As Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Google were marshaling their Washington resources to beat back competition legislation up for debate on Capitol Hill this week, Microsoft smoothly announced one of the largest acquisitions in the history of the tech industry. (Amazon founder Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post.)

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
Just seems a little on the nose to be highlighting that this could be a good thing for Sony because now they can develop their own titles and studios...when this thread is about... yeah. 😂

never said it was good for Sony as having to shift models to something different isnt easy or ideal. Its good for the consumer as it pushes them to make changes that benefit the consumer (or potentially benefits anyway) :)

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
Had Sony payed for the odd exclusivity deal here and there over the last 10 years I don't think the hierarchy at Xbox would've cared much. But the fact that Sony have been so extremely aggressive in doing so over and over and over again surely played a part in MS feeling they were forced to take drastic action.

So yes, Sony DID bring this on themselves. Which is not to say they "deserve" it as some sort of punishment, but had they not tried to royally fuck over Xbox by keeping loads of things off their platform these massive acquisitions may have been much less likely.

And we have reports that Sony was trying to be *even more* aggressive with these sorts of deals. They were trying to get Starfield as an exclusive. And had they got that they surely wouldn't have stopped there. They'd try to get Elder Scrolls and Fallout as well. Franchises that were long associated with Xbox.
It's especially funny because it has been relayed to us by some people like Corden and others that Sony were specifically trying to force Xbox out of the industry just like they did with exclusives and acquisitions back with Atari and Sega. Not like Sony isn't used to this song and dance, they've succeeded at doing this before. Every company is going to posture and thump their chest to intimidate the others, thus is capitalism

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
Come on, lets not be disingenuous. You're trying to equate a small indy game that came out of nowhere against some the largest decades old franchises in gaming history like Final Fantasy and Street Fighter.
What do I (or anyone who enjoys games) care about the relative prestige of the games in question? I can tell you I was more interested in Cuphead than most games announced around the same time. Clearly MS thought it was worth locking down because it was a solid product that people outside of their ecosystem would be interested in. And they were right. With that said there are always tons of games to play, so filling the time with something else while awaiting timed exclusives has never been a big deal for me.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed across multiple posts of yours you mention having to pay $600 for a console. What country do you live in where they're that expensive?

I was fairly certain both real consoles cost $599 at retail. If I was wrong and they're both $499, they still would accrue a fair amount of sales tax plus the cost of a disc game would push them past $600 anyway.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of ridiculous that Facebook was ordered to sell an acquisition as small as Giphy because it could harm users but that the largest US tech deal should easily pass.

If you can't see the difference between the two then you won't ever be convinced otherwise. But here goes.

Facebook owns a vast majority of the social apps. Where as MS even after taking over AB will be third in revenue in the industry.

Oct 27, 2017
I took that personally (not really, just found it funny given ive never said this and dont really see that many gears avatars)

Welcome to capitalism. The health of the other platforms will be fine (I mean Nintendo isn't affected by this in any capacity) and even when taking Sony into consideration, they have the mind share and partnership aggression to substitute any losses with another. If anything, I'd argue this is good for the consumer in the context of it pushing Sony not to rest on its laurels and pushes them to either make more partnerships to develop new games/ip to substitute or innovate in the business space.
Nah, this hyper consolidation is in no way healthy. I hope they try to block the merger to disuade this kind of behavior. They didn't (or did much too late) in the past with the likes of telecoms and its led to higher prices and lower value in the long run for consumers.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

one is an act of anti-competition

the other is an act of competition

facebook is an overwhelming power in social media and buys stuff to exhert influence on people to remain on their platforms

microsoft isn't overwhelming in gaming and is buying things to be on stronger competitive ground with the competition

ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
one is an act of anti-competition

the other is an act of competition

facebook is an overwhelming power in social media and buys stuff to exhert influence on people to remain on their platforms

microsoft isn't overwhelming in gaming and is buying things to be on stronger competitive ground with the competition

Why is the FTC investigating Amazon over the MGM purchase that has yet to be approved? there is plenty of competition in the streaming industry.

Oct 29, 2017
giphy.webp

Lol that Bethesda/Zenimax acquisition thread is wild to go back and read through again. As you pointed out, a lot of the same reactions from folks. And damn it kind of turned into a graveyard, too.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It looks like Activision was shopping themselves around.

Would you rather have them end up at Amazon, Google, Apple, or Facebook?

At least with Microsoft you've got options to play these games without buying their dedicated box. You've got PC, Mobile, Tablets, and looks like the several Smart TVs that are going to be giving you access.
It is an interesting conflict. An aquisition was probably the only way to remove Kotick from the operation, and of the likely parties - Microsoft is easily the best one for people who want to play Activision games. They're set up to encourage these studios to divest from CoD, revive older games, and keep communities running in a healthy ecosystem.

But for players as a whole, it's setting up a pretty bleak future. If a platform holder can't afford to take a game off the competition's table, they will find their own table bare. It definitely sets up a future where only the biggest conglomerates drive the market, with less room for consumer-friendly disruptors.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
It still blows my mind that people still act like timed exclusives is no big deal. You can tell it's people that don't have to deal with "timed exclusives". When was the last time you waited 2-3 years to play a game you really wanted to and was just totally cool with it? My guess is, if you were ever in that situation, you'd just buy that console it was on since you are an adult with a job no doubt, which, well is kind of the point of timed exclusives.
My backlog is massive and there are too many games to play. If a game isn't on a system I own then I don't ever really pay attention to it.

Like the Ori games. I thought they looked cool but didn't give them much thought otherwise, and then they released on Switch so I bought them.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, this hyper consolidation is in no way healthy. I hope they try to block the merger to disuade this kind of behavior. They didn't (or did much too late) in the past with the likes of telecoms and its led to higher prices and lower value in the long run for consumers.
Are you a marvel or Starwars fan? What are your thoughts on Disney owning them both? What about Fox? Can we get Sony to divest from insomniac while we are at it?

Or is this the case where you don't like it because its MS playing hard ball?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Are you a marvel or Starwars fan? What are your thoughts on Disney owning them both? What about Fox? Can we get Sony to divest from insomniac while we are at it?

Last I checked Disney isn't trying to buy third party game developers in the west. What is your point?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
My backlog is massive and there are too many games to play. If a game isn't on a system I own then I don't ever really pay attention to it.

Like the Ori games. I thought they looked cool but didn't give them much thought otherwise, and then they released on Switch so I bought them.
Fair enough, people have different approaches to the hobby. i don't play a lot of games typically, I am very picky, so when a game I like is coming out, it's rare and a big deal for me. I;m not waiting because I don't have a backlog.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis

there is zero reasons for them too. Even with this, it shifts MS to what, roughly 30%? Don't get me wrong it pushes the needle to an oligopoly (which is not ideal either) but unlike say the telecom markets, the games market is oddly flexible purely given the nature of the work and the somewhat volatility of the success of the products. Literally, any product can result in being an economic boom and create a new player in the market. That's not something that could have happened with the telecoms given the nature of the business.

Even if we ignore that though, the numbers dont push MS into anything thats really dangerous in the short term. Long term it could be more detrimental but thats entirely dependent on the actions (or lack there of) of other big or medium players in the gaming space. This wont be blocked as there isnt a good argument or evidence that shows this creates a stranglehold on the gaming sector by MS.

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
User banned (1 week): platform warring, antagonizing users; prior ban for the exact same behavior

Yeah those are all bad things not sure what your point is?

People who defend this acquisition are shills. I know that's an abrasive thing to say but it's the truth.

Oct 27, 2017

Nope. Hate the hyper consolidation in other parts of the entertainment industry, as well. Wish Lucas Arts, Pixar, Fox Searchlight, Marvel, etc. all stayed unconsolidated. Disney should never have been able to buy all that. Have always been against hyper consolidation. Also insomniac is a single developer. They are not a massive conglomerate like either Bethesda or Activision/Blizzard. They are not equatable. Insomniac being bought or Mojang being bought weren't really that big of a deal. This is a different sort of scale.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
If your internet is so shit you have a low data cap like a Hughes satellite service you're definitely not streaming games anyways.
I can't hit 400GB in my home network and I play exclusively on GeForce Now and stream plenty of YT and Netflix content when I'm not playing.

4k netflix is 7-10 gig an hour

Oct 27, 2017
there is zero reasons for them too. Even with this, it shifts MS to what, roughly 30%? Don't get me wrong it pushes the needle to an oligopoly (which is not ideal either) but unlike say the telecom markets, the games market is oddly flexible purely given the nature of the work and the somewhat volatility of the success of the products. Literally, any product can result in being an economic boom and create a new player in the market. That's not something that could have happened with the telecoms given the nature of the business.

Even if we ignore that though, the numbers dont push MS into anything thats really dangerous in the short term. Long term it could be more detrimental but thats entirely dependent on the actions (or lack there of) of other big or medium players in the gaming space. This wont be blocked as there isnt a good argument or evidence that shows this creates a stranglehold on the gaming sector by MS.
It should be blocked on the grounds it will accelerate hyper consolidation, which it will. Which will ultimately be ant-consumer due to the walling off of existing content rather then creating new content. We will know that's what's going to be the net-net of this.

Jquail

Mar 2, 2021

Bioshock, Mass Effect 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Braid, Resident Evil 4. Pretty sure there's more, that's just off the top of my head. I waited to play all them on PS2/PS3 a year after they came out on 360/GameCube/etc. Couldn't afford more than one console until recently.

So… it was not, in fact, a big deal. I'll personally never understand why people think timed exclusivity is The Absolute Worst, but corporate mergers is just business.

My guy, it's all business. At least I got to play Mass Effect eventually without having to buy another multi-hundred dollar box.

And, I mean, I'm positive money has changed hands frequently, but at the same time, the only thing keeping something like FFVIIR off Xbox right now is Square. Just like the only thing keeping Persona 5 off Switch is Atlas. There's a lot more to it than just "Sony bought exclusivity."

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Bioshock, Mass Effect 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Braid, Resident Evil 4. Pretty sure there's more, that's just off the top of my head. I waited to play all them on PS2/PS3 a year after they came out on 360/GameCube/etc. Couldn't afford more than one console until recently.

So… it was not, in fact, a big deal. I'll personally never understand why people think timed exclusivity is The Absolute Worst, but corporate mergers is just business.

My guy, it's all business. At least I got to play Mass Effect eventually without having to buy another multi-hundred dollar box.

And, I mean, I'm positive money has changed hands frequently, but at the same time, the only thing keeping something like FFVIIR off Xbox right now is Square. Just like the only thing keeping Persona 5 off Switch is Atlas. There's a lot more to it than just "Sony bought exclusivity."
I never said it wasn't all business. But then I'm not out there acting like Sony wasn't withholding games from xbox players either, and pretty routinely at that.

Look I'm just calling a spade a spade. Both companies were doing "business" just in their own ways, but with the same goal.

And again, more power to you if you can wait a couple of years to play games you look forward to for years (quite literally years maybe even a decade in some cases) just you don't have to buy another console and you're cool with that my guy.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I want to say COD won't be exclusive, but I don't know anymore. If MS wanted to keep some of those games multiplat, that would mean Sony would have to send dev kits for consoles in development. Not sure if Sony would like that.
Honestly, despite what anyone says, COD's status as multiplatform or an exclusive really could go either way, since those games are so big and bring in so much money consistently every year.

But I have a feeling they'll make it exclusive for that reason exactly. Making it exclusive, making it day and date on Game Pass on PC/Xbox and cloud with touch controls (and probably even "cloud native" wherein the game acts like a regular phone game) will probably drive Game Pass subs through the roof and consistently bring it past the PS Sales numbers in terms of revenue, especially with microtransaction money in not just COD but other similar games available on the Game Pass (Perfect Dark's multiplayer, Quake's multiplayer, Halo Infinite's multiplayer etc)

Hopefully I'm wrong though, COD is a franchise that really should be multiplatform...

Haven't been following up Game Pass after the Zenimax acquisition. Are all of Blizzard and Activision previous games expected to be available on Game Pass?
Not all, but they'll definitely add all recent games and everything available on Xbox One that they still have the rights to. It'll probably be added in batches too, not all at once

But there are lots and lots of games/IPs from Activision's backlog that they may or may not bother adding to PC Game Pass (like all the old Sierra online games, for example) so I don't want to definitively say all

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Well people have varying differences in interest in games I suppose. If I am super excited about a game, like FF16, I'll want to play it as soon as possible. It's even more fun when I can get on era and follow along with live reactions as they happen with others playing the game.

I don't know how excited you were about Cuphead, but, I'm guessing not as excited as I am about FF16 or you wouldn't have waited as long as you did.

I'm not sure if you mean it like this, but this sort of 'you only really care and are excited about games if you buy them day 1' is weirdly gatekeeping. It's entirely possible to be extremely excited about something and not buy a system for a timed exclusive, for any number of reasons ranging from practical costs, to time, to wanting to have a better experience and first impression down the road.

Like Epic Game Store exclusives are a thing, and they basically don't sell. Hades was a GOTY contender that people were super hyped about but it effectively only existed after it came to steam and other platforms. Sometimes everything ancillary to the game itself is what makes the experience something to be excited for. It's why a lot of people are more excited for a PC release of a game than a console timed launch exclusive.

But yeah, basically I would probably never start making bold claims about how someone doesn't actually like something as much as you like something else with the only reasoning being that if they did they should've bought a system to play it.

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
Selfishly, as long as the types of games I enjoy from Sony keep coming for as long as I'm still playing games, it doesn't matter to me who owns what. I've got my thumbs in both pies between PS5 and PC/XSS.

But I'll also be the first to admit these things are not just about console wars. A loss of revenue from a popular type of game I'm not interested in may very well affect the games I am interested in.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm not sure if you mean it like this, but this sort of 'you only really care and are excited about games if you buy them day 1' is weirdly gatekeeping. It's entirely possible to be extremely excited about something and not buy a system for a timed exclusive, for any number of reasons ranging from practical costs, to time, to wanting to have a better experience and first impression down the road.

Like Epic Game Store exclusives are a thing, and they basically don't sell. Hades was a GOTY contender that people were super hyped about but it effectively only existed after it came to steam and other platforms. Sometimes everything ancillary to the game itself is what makes the experience something to be excited for. It's why a lot of people are more excited for a PC release of a game than a console timed launch exclusive.

But yeah, basically I would probably never start making bold claims about how someone doesn't actually like something as much as you like something else with the only reasoning being that if they did they should've bought a system to play it.
It's less about "you should have bought a system then!"

and more about how casual they are about it in a kind of "shrug. I can wait for games no big deal" way. That is where I drew my conclusion from. Like if I had to wait for a game I have been waiting for years for, for whatever reason, maybe I can't afford another console, you can be sure I'm going to be bummed the entire time about it. And I wouldn't in the future be arguing in a thread that I am mostly totally cool with waiting for games. Because I would not be.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Selfishly, as long as the types of games I enjoy from Sony keep coming for as long as I'm still playing games, it doesn't matter to me who owns what. I've got my thumbs in both pies between PS5 and PC/XSS.

But I'll also be the first to admit these things are not just about console wars. A loss of revenue from a popular type of game I'm not interested in may very well affect the games I am interested in.
Bingo, that's my biggest concern.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
It's less about "you should have bought a system then!"

and more about how casual they are about it in a kind of "shrug. I can wait for games no big deal" way. That is where I drew my conclusion from. Like if I had to wait for a game I have been waiting for years for, for whatever reason, maybe I can't afford another console, you can be sure I'm going to be bummed the entire time about it. And I wouldn't in the future be arguing in a thread that I am mostly totally cool with waiting for games. Because I would not be.

Fair enough, didn't get that from your post. Thanks for the clarification and makes sense.

Tyrion33

Mar 17, 2021

Sony gamers have been so spoiled in the last generation of getting pretty much everything that they have a hard time accepting that some title can actually afford to skip PlayStation.

Let's just remember The tomb Raider case, it was the end of the world while it was literally the same thing Sony has done for dozens of other titles (1 year exclusivity).

Frankly speaking I will wait and see before saying this acquisition is a good or a bad thing. It seems that the employees are looking at it on a positive side and that ms has done a pretty good job lately integrating new studios. Let's hope they will continue this trend.

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Sony gamers have been so spoiled in the last generation of getting pretty much everything that they have a hard time accepting it some title can afford to skip PlayStation.

Let's just remember The tomb Raider case, it seems it was the end of the world while it was literally the same thing Sony has done for dozens of other titles (1 year exclusivity).

Frankly speaking I will wait and see before saying this acquisition is a good or a bad thing. It seems that the employees are looking at it on a positive side and that ms has done a pretty good job lately integrating new studios. Let's hope they will continue this trend.
It's just bizarre to me, having had to wait for games, even still not having played FF7R to this day, because of timed exclusives, and people being more or less fine with that. It's just hard for me to grasp is all.

But yeah I have admitted people feel differently about games and I don't wan to "gatekeep" people's hobby like was just suggested I was doing.

I just tend to think of timed exclusives and console exclusives as one in the same, both shitty practices designed to get people to buy a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.