• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
Windows dark is the best feature of Windows 10. I thought I'd never like a Windows again after Win8 but Microsoft did it again.

Dhx

Sep 27, 2019
Inject those new windows size/arrangement shortcuts directly into me right now.

Katori

Oct 30, 2017
Looks fine, looks like Windows, make more updates I say, anything is better than what we have (although it is quite stable).

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I think Windows looks good. This does look better.

But when I had a Surface Book 2 it was ridiculous how janky it felt compared to MacOS. Hopefully they are working on that as well.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Looks so good.

Nov 8, 2017
Windows 10 already looks pretty good. The new design is nice but not really what is lacking. It's still dreadful as a touch UI experience, a regression on Win 8.1 even after 4 years of release. They've had plenty of time to refine and improve but don't seem interested.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Windows 10 already looks pretty good. The new design is nice but not really what is lacking. It's still dreadful as a touch UI experience, a regression on Win 8.1 even after 4 years of release. They've had plenty of time to refine and improve but don't seem interested.
Well, they seem to be phasing out traditional tablet mode in favor of desktop mode with a touch-friendly taskbar like chromeos so it's a start I guess.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
I bet control panel etc. will still pop up some Windows 98 -style panels :D
Yup. New layer of sheen on the same piece of crap. Three provisioned laptops in the last few years between school and work, and while I've been amazed by how much the experience varies by OEM, in all cases, I've been amazed how you can quickly punch through the veneer and experience an unstable, buggy experience.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. New layer of sheen on the same piece of crap. Three provisioned laptops in the last few years between school and work, and while I've been amazed by how much the experience varies by OEM, in all cases, I've been amazed how you can quickly punch through the veneer and experience an unstable, buggy experience.

my dell XPS has been working fine, just find it funny how fast it reverts to the ancient UI elements :D

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Looks pretty much the same? I wish Microsoft just stopped using the tiles aesthetic. Solid colors is just not pleasing.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they also changed the awful pure black half in the settings app. Such an eye sore

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll never stop using a file explorer replacement at this point, but it's good to see them finally impliment a proper dark mode for it.

I'd like some proper desktop scaling while I'm at it, but I don't expect that any time soon.

Soybean

Nov 12, 2017
The real question is.. does it properly handle 4k.
Now that I'm working from home, I hooked up my Win10 laptop to my LG Ultrafine 5K (a monitor designed for Macs) and I'm surprised at how well Windows handles high-dpi displays. I run at 200% scaling and that's comfortable for me. I did have to set "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: Application" for a couple programs that would display blurry Open dialogs, but besides that, mostly looks pretty great!

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Now that I'm working from home, I hooked up my Win10 laptop to my LG Ultrafine 5K (a monitor designed for Macs) and I'm surprised at how well Windows handles high-dpi displays. I run at 200% scaling and that's comfortable for me. I did have to set "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: Application" for a couple programs that would display blurry Open dialogs, but besides that, mostly looks pretty great!

I can concur. While I'm working from I started to remote into my Win10 laptop from my 5k iMac using the Microsoft Remote Desktop App and the app has an option to optimize the resolution for Retina displays and it's doing an amazing job. Everything is so sharp and bright it's crazy! It's going to be hard going back to my 3440x1440 ultrawide at the office. LOL

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I thought I wasn't going to like the removal of the tiles, since I actually like them, but the new style looks really good too. It's really evolved over the years.
Not entirely sold on the new explorer yet. It can't be missing features, but it is looking nicer. Can we finally ditch that legacy file Properties panel? It's far outlived its usefulness.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks, I hate it.

Just kidding, it looks dope. I enjoy using Windows 10, and I can't wait for this update.