• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit they finally got rid of the accent color background for the icons, AND it's not pure black?!

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Not sold on the file explorer update just yet. I kinda think the existing one in 1909 is just about as close to perfect as it's ever been. This new one looks a lot more simplified based on that glimpse.

Anyway, I do look forward to the icon refresh as well as them ripping out the old Edge and replacing it with the new Chromium one. The legacy one serves no purpose now.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely like some of the changes. Others like Explorer I will have to play around with a bit more.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very clean. I hope they add dynamic theme feature from macos that switches dark and light mode along with your wallpaper based on time of day. I am using this 3rd party app called Windynamicdesktop that does the same but should be built in really.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a dream that's never going to happen but I wish Windows copied macOS Finder's column view. As shit as Finder can be, I absolutely love column view.

Jul 18, 2018
Hoping sear function works better. idk if it's because I'm disabling Cortana and it doesn't like that.... But it's so slow

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
So they changed the start menu, windows icons, and are offering more accessibility tools? That's cool but doesn't seem like much.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Well , the start menu is still full of tiles...
I thought they got rid of those... i guess i read wrong or it's a setting they are not demonstrating.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Icons are an ok start, but more UI consistency between apps please.

Plus, something's got to be done about Photo's shithouse performance. I've switched to using a third-party software like nomacs.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Could someone reup the video to streamable for peeps at work not at home rn?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Plus, something's got to be done about Photo's shithouse performance.
I must've installed Win10 on hundreds of computers by now. Photos, no matter the computer - old, new, spec'd out - always takes well over a minute to load up. What in the fuck is wrong with that program? Completely shit lmao

There's no fix. Only thing you can do it go back to the original photos program which works flawlessly (or another program of your choice.)

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't Instagram have a time slider? I don't want to watch the intro. I just want the end bit.

Also, the start menu doesn't really look different at all.

All the other features are nice, but I was originally told that the start menu tiles would be going away or something.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
It looks a LOT better, but still a bit ways to go. But I'm glad MS is finally redesigning Windows out of the 8/metro live tiles and flat era. It was super ugly.