• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

200.gif

Also, how ugly is armature's studio logo? Goddamn.

"We're looking to expand slowly with the right people" kinda confirms what Jez heard about the studio. Nice!

I think with a few more people that results in more polish, Compulsion Games is a great candidate for some awesome surprise experiences next-gen.

Compulsion has been my dark horse studio since these acquisitions began.

They've all the talent they need in the right places, they just need manpower to execute.

Oct 25, 2017
Which thread?

No doubt studios are eyeing acquisition, MS has the highest salaries and pay in the industry right now and the idea of having creative freedom and having them bankroll your games is enticing
200.gif

Also, how ugly is armature's studio logo? Goddamn.

Compulsion has been my dark horse studio since these acquisitions began.

They've all the talent they need in the right places, they just need manpower to execute.

Haha
What Klobrille think about that gif? :P

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be happy with it too.

While I'm prettty sure Guillaume alluded to a new game in the letter he wrote to the fans after E3, I still think there's value in fixing up We Happy Few.

Let the devs finish making the game to their specifications, put it on Game Pass, and if the game reviews better, it'll be a nice morale boost for the staff as they carry on with their next project.
Sounds good in theory, but I would think microsoft would have to make a deal with gearbox (that was the publisher I think)for that to happen. If it didnt sell well, they may be more willing to do that, especially since they have dlc planned for we happy few.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
I agree that big western style games are what might move more consoles. But it's more that if you don't have as much or more exclusives that are as good or better than the competition, you having a gap in you library like this puts you at a disadvantage.
It's not how good they do when they are there, it's how they hurt the platform's portfolio because of their abscense
What does Microsoft do well? Racing (Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsport), platformers (Ori, Cuphead), shooters (Gears of War, Halo). The only console that does better platformers is Nintendo, but that is not a negative on just how good Ori and Cuphead are.

What they have done is to ensure that they have acquired their second party partners and this will give them an opportunity to grow and hopefully better support will give rise to better games. Compulsion, Obsidian, InXile, Ninja Theory, The Initiative, Playground Games second studio are all working on story driven games. The type of games that Microsoft has been lacking in quality most of this generation.

If Rare can go back to the form that they had when they were releasing Kameo and Viva Pinata, then Microsoft will be in a good place. All they have to do is to try and get Japanese titles onto the platform and maybe invest in one or two of their own. The widespread investment that type of game will not move consoles for them, and I would wager that if they are doing better than they are this generation and that the gap in sales is not as huge as it is, then you will see these developers putting games on the Xbox anyway. If they cannot be moved to do that, then it is their loss.

I am also against Microsoft paying them to port games to the platform.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good in theory, but I would think microsoft would have to make a deal with gearbox (that was the publisher I think)for that to happen. If it didnt sell well, they may be more willing to do that, especially since they have dlc planned for we happy few.

Sure, they'd have to work something about but Gearbox really don't have any reason not to play ball.

Compulsion own the IP.

The game didn't sell or review well.

It's for all intents and purposes worthless beyond what Microsoft is inclined to do with the first game.

Gearbox really have no reason not to play ball or even take a buyout for their rights on the first game.

To use a famous example, it's the same situation - more or less - Microsoft found themselves in after EA acquired BioWare. They worked out a deal and ME1 was published on PS3.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Microsoft should work with Nvidia and Intel instead of AMD, i have the feeling that the PS5 will be cheaper and more powerful than Xbox V if they remain with AMD.
If AMD makes both consoles, even the smallest difference in specs will affect performance really bad, if Sony skips E3 then they will reveal the PS5 specs after Microsoft, and we will get the PS4 v.s XOne situation all over again wich will be bad for the brand.

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft should work with Nvidia and Intel instead of AMD, i have the feeling that the PS5 will be cheaper and more powerful than Xbox V if they remain with AMD.
If AMD makes both consoles, even the smallest difference in specs will affect performance really bad, if Sony skips E3 then they will reveal the PS5 specs after Microsoft, and we will get the PS4 v.s XOne situation all over again wich will be bad for the brand.

Not gonna happen.
Microsoft can tease Scarlett at E3, no specs, no price. Just a tiny video, with lightining and shadows... with a text: "Coming soon"
If Sony announce after E3, Microsoft can announce X019 after Sony event about PS4.

Microsoft already got advantage.
Going after Sony, they can announce a better box with the same price.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two things I'm confident of going into next gen
  • Microsoft will not sell hardware at a loss
  • Game Pass will be 100% crucial and feature a monstrous line up of launch titles

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now come on, the tweet itself was a troll lol

I'm hoping Spencer keeps it up all the way to and during E3, play it up for laughs even.

Got to be careful. Hyping up and underdelivering would end up swinging the momentum the other way.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
You really think so?

I am highly confident they will sell at a loss. It's 7nm time. It's time to go big or stay home. This is it. This is the generation of generations. Worse than the Xbox 360 gen in terms of likely length. It's pretty much iterative from here.
It will be interesting to see in 2020.

Microsoft selling at a loss with a more powerful box than Sony and a bunch of 1st party reveals would be absolutely killer.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has Microsoft ever sold a console at a loss? I guess aside from RROD repairs?

Now would be a very good time to do so, me thinks.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea on what is happening tomorrow? Seen a Tweet in this thread saying Xbox fans will be happy or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Phil already say they will be more powerful.
No way they gonna launch a box more expensive.
3 things turns Xbox One down: Less powerful, more expensive, always on.
Also, Game Pass can hold money loss.
I really doubt Microsoft launch a more expensive console again.
If more Scarlett / Xcloud console they can sell, more Game Pass / Gold they can sell, more money they earn. And they have Windows 10 too.
For me is already locked, Scarlet will be more powerful with same price, and Xcloud box will be less expensive, and can turn Xbox One Family into Xcloud box.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope MS won't hold back on the hardware.
They need to release a megaton of an Xbox. They have too.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Phil already say they will be more powerful.
No way they gonna launch a box more expensive.
3 things turns Xbox One down: Less powerful, more expensive, always on.
Also, Game Pass can hold money loss.
I really doubt Microsoft launch a more expensive console again.
If more Scarlett / Xcloud console they can sell, more Game Pass / Gold they can sell, more money they earn. And they have Windows 10 too.
For me is already locked, Scarlet will be more powerful with same price, and Xcloud box will be less expensive, and can turn Xbox One Family into Xcloud box.

Launching nwith a streaming focused device aimed at the low entry level let's them put up another $499 box with all the bells and whistles

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
be crazy if SSO had an update and they made BR in secret to launch with the pc release and then as a free update for the xbox version LOL

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
Where is this Xbox 5/V coming from? The next Xbox will be the fourth console generation for Microsoft. Even the Xbox One X is an iteration of the XB1.

Be that as it may, I very much doubt the next Xbox will be announced at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.