• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hear somewhere that MS wanted to make more games like Left4Dead etc
Perfect games for Gamepass etc.

I think this was when the Valve acquisitions was running wild.
While that is nonsense, acquiring TurtleRock to do more games like Left4Dead.... now... that makes more sense.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure where the best place to ask this is, so I'll ask here:

Does the Xbox record gameplay all of the time like PS4, or do you have to manually start recording?

A game like RDR2 always has random dumb stuff happening, and obviously, you're going to miss a lot of it if you have to start the recording yourself. Being able to press a button to save the last five minutes or something would be good.
You can record the last 2 min of gameplay at 1080p and the last 5 min at 720p.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Not too keen on the Turtle Rock acquisition, would have preferred a more SP focused dev.

They're loading up on plenty of single player developers. Long term they'll want variety and grabbing talent wherever they can. It's not one or the other. Need more than Gears and Halo to drive multiplayer gamers to Game Pass.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Call Transcript was posted for the investor q&a. Here is the part where Nadella mentioned Game Pass on PC:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4214102-microsoft-msft-q1-2019-results-earnings-call-transcript
yeah the improvements from og xbox to x is very noticeable but between the Pro and X, ehhh sure there is a difference but I am not going to go crazy for it like some people here.

I am perfectly happy with my 720p TV and OG Xbox though. Only reason I would want one of the higher end models would be the higher framerate tbh. The games themselves look fine to me.
Are you serious? You still play on 720p screen? No money to upgrade?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Are you serious? You still play on 720p screen? No money to upgrade?
Its a really nice 720p plasma from like 4-5 years ago. And no need. Will just be more bandwidth for higher quality movies and tv shows, and bigger downloads for games.

Looks fine for the type of content I view on it. And it ain't broken.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Its a really nice 720p plasma from like 4-5 years ago. And no need. Will just be more bandwidth for higher quality movies and tv shows, and bigger downloads for games.

Looks fine for the type of content I view on it. And it ain't broken.
The time you upgrade (anywhere in the future) will be eye candy for you then. Be prepared ;)

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Not too keen on the Turtle Rock acquisition, would have preferred a more SP focused dev.
Me too.

An acquisition of a MP-focused dev is bound to happen sooner or later though. The other new studios as well as Obsidian have usually made single player driven experiences and/or offered meaty single player experiences in their previous games.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Next Sea of Thieves update teased.

Next big content update is in November called Shrouded Spoils. Teased a few new things coming with it:
  • Expanded Ship Customization. (Wheel, Cannons etc..)
  • Fog will now be in the world.
  • Commendations for Pirate Legends.
Beyond that update. At XO18 on November the 10th, Craig and Joe will be on Inside Xbox to reveal the next update after Shrouded Spoils. Says it will be a big change and will require a lot of testing with the community.

There will also be a live panel on the 11th where they will talk more.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Next Sea of Thieves update teased.

Next big content update is in November called Shrouded Spoils. Teased a few new things coming with it:
  • Expanded Ship Customization. (Wheel, Cannons etc..)
  • Fog will now be in the world.
  • Commendations for Pirate Legends.
Beyond that update. At XO18 on November the 10th, Craig and Joe will be on Inside Xbox to reveal the next update after Shrouded Spoils. Says it will be a big change and will require a lot of testing with the community.

There will also be a live panel on the 11th where they will talk more.

Really hoping they figure out how to add a meaningful progression system to the game. I still want to like this game. Keep checking out the updates. Think this has the core of something that could be great someday.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
Don't jump the gun. Its not the first time Microsoft brought Alan Wake back to the Xbox store, although on Steam is a bit weird. Maybe just to help out Remedy?

CRZYSPZ

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
To keep their relationship going. Like Sam Lake said at E3, they still might work with MS on other projects.
I mean, they are still with control, just other parties are involved too.
Also, its not like it hurts anything to help Remedy on the Steam release either. Just gives the IP more recognition.

Still very cool to see though.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Remedy is definitely not getting acquired. They've just signed another game with the Crossfire publisher.

https://www.remedygames.com/remedy-signs-a-new-game-project-with-smilegate/
Interesting, it says that they've essentially finished their part of the campaign for the other game...
RAzer replied to that with popcorn
mixer replied back with a wink
My guess the showcase of official Keyboard and mouse

this entire thread is fantastic

You may be right haha

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
In terms of SP and MP based developers

MP Based
Undead Labs
Turtle Rock (if they get acquired)
Mojang
Playground 1

SP Based
Playground 2
Ninja Theory
Obsidian
Initiative
Compulsion

Where would Turn 10, 343, Rare and Coalition sit? Rare is supposedly making a new game but obviously SOT is in the MP category.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I've been playing less shooters so I won't have a problem with mouse/keyboard coming but I would never be happy if devs didn't divide the two groups.

CRZYSPZ

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
You could fit Playground 1&2 probably under both categories (assuming Fable will still have online co-op), unless we're not counting that?

The other big 3 could also be fit underneath both too (Turn 10 less so that the others though).

Jul 17, 2018

MP Based
Undead Labs
Mojang
Playground 1

SP Based
Playground 2
Ninja Theory
Obsidian
Initiative
Compulsion

Where would Turn 10, 343, Rare and Coalition sit? Rare is supposedly making a new game but obviously SOT is in the MP category.

Not trying to incite any flamewar fanboy wars but going by this on paper MS first party would be more diverse and immersive than Sony's.

Rare would be MP based imo. TC, 343i and Turn 10 would be intermediate.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

MP Based
Undead Labs
Mojang
Playground 1

SP Based
Playground 2
Ninja Theory
Obsidian
Initiative
Compulsion

I love how you put (if they get acquired) against Turtle Rock but not against Obsidian, lol.

CRZYSPZ

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
Not trying to incite any flamewar fanboy wars but going by this on paper MS first party would be more diverse and immersive than Sony's.

Rare would be MP based imo. TC, 343i and Turn 10 would be intermediate.

SONY has definitely been focusing more on SP games as of late, which there's nothing wrong with as long as that works, but I'd agree that MS's roster looks more diverse.

I mean, how many people actually cared about Uncharted's multiplayer? Is that the only major MP game they've released since Killzone SF (at least first party-wise)? Even when it comes to second party partnerships, Drawn to Death is the only one I can really think of off the top of my head. The Order 1886 was suppose to have a Gears-like MP, but that was canned.

Status
Not open for further replies.