• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Use the upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator as the basis for the ultimate playground: The Microsoft Simulator

Want to fly an aircraft, drive a car, sail a boat or do some sightseeing on foot. Anywhere on our planet? The Microsoft Simulator is what you're looking for.

Developers could add a variety of game modes to this experience.

How far should we go with something like this?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
qLAqIZ1_d.jpg

cYhd7CL_d.jpg

30SJwHf_d.jpg

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If this is the hub world, I'm in.

726995-widescreen-windows-xp-desktop-backgrounds-1920x1200-for-samsung-galaxy.jpg

Immersive.

Last edited:

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Use the upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator as the basis for the ultimate playground: The Microsoft Simulator

Want to fly an aircraft, drive a car, sail a boat or do some sightseeing on foot. Anywhere on our planet? The Microsoft Simulator is what you're looking for.

Developers could add a variety of game modes to this experience.

How far should we go with something like this?
This is kinda what Outerra was (is?) going for.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Jack of all trades, master of none?

I feel like a simulator has to focus on the one thing and not spread itself on all sides.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I don't think this would work at all. There is some tech overlap between what makes a race sim, flight sim or train sim work, but each of them looks best when designed from the ground up as its own thing.

Also, it adds literally nothing to my experience to know that while I'm flying a plane some people are racing bellow me.

That said, I'd love to see them take on Combat Flight Simulator next!

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
This was kind of a dream for me as a kid playing MSFS. A dream of driving cars around the same complete world, with traffic, rules and regulations.

Euro Truck Simulator has sort of met my needs though.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be cool, but after Flight Simulator, I would love to see a new Train Simulator. As my name suggests, I love steam engines and the first Train Simulator from 2000 was just amazing for the time and was extremly realistic. As an example, the smoke color of steam engines changed by how much coal there is burning, new coal shoveled in and if the firebox door was open or not. Details like these is missing even in new train simulators. Aside from Train Sim World, all of those still have ancient graphics, so a new good Train Simulator would be awesome and when I look at all the details in the new Flight Simulator, MS can do it better than anyone.

Im drooling over the thought of a physically perfect calculcated steam engine!

To be honest, aside from Nintendo games, I would hype this game like no other lol

A boat simulator would be amazing as well. I loved playing ship simulator 2008 and Virtual Sailor back in the day, and sadly there are no worthy successors.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Jack of all trades, master of none?

I feel like a simulator has to focus on the one thing and not spread itself on all sides.

Yup. On one side you have simmers who are looking for full fidelity systems and on the other hand you have players looking for engagement past the novelty phase.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Just imagine, Waking Up Simulator, then Morning Commute Simulator,

I am a hardwood flooring contractor, I would love Hardwood Flooring Simulator, especially like in VR.

That would be so sick, like have really difficult room layouts, have to make net cuts on both sides of a run, time limits!, some tongue and groove some click together. Multiplayer opportunity! I do the glue runs and someone else puts in the boards. All of this ultimately concluding in

My Wife Left Me Simulator, bring on the simulation realm future

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Just imagine, Waking Up Simulator, then Morning Commute Simulator,

I am a hardwood flooring contractor, I would love Hardwood Flooring Simulator, especially like in VR.

That would be so sick, like have really difficult room layouts, have to make net cuts on both sides of a run, time limits!, some tongue and groove some click together. Multiplayer opportunity! I do the glue runs and someone else puts in the boards. All of this ultimately concluding in

My Wife Left Me Simulator, bring on the simulation realm future
I've played Luxury Vinyl Laminate Simulator, this would be like that but with a AAA budget

fade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited about the possibility of this in VR. Hopefully they're not just talking out of their ass when they talk about implementing it in the future.